FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hyatt Place Breakfast
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:18 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Breakfast secrets

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
But I'm curious: would simply adding a breakfast sandwich or pancake to a breakfast menu really switch a "no" to a "yes"? If so, it seems like a low-cost approach.
Exactly. Breakfast is an approach to add very significant perceived value with minimal investment. I know many of you have higher expectations at breakfast (which is great, but you are likely not the target here), but for 'everyone else' this can make a booking difference. HP did some nice facade renovations when they were created (not assuming ones built directly as HP but conversions), but stumbled on their very simple breakfast offering from the beginning.

If you read the threads about Hampton Inn's waffle machine, it gets crazy out there (maybe not that much different than the airline meals discussion).

Breakfast to me is just like high speed internet. Why charge for it? Because you can? I think you can see why both HSI and breakfast are common premium perks for cardholders (low cost, high value). And where more budget hotels include it versus more expensive properties.

Most European hotels used to get this, but now breakfast is often a package rate and not included in many standard rooms anymore.

Rasheed