Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Flushing NY Hyatt Place Coming Soon!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

Was in flushing NY last week and noticed a sign for a future Hyatt Place at a construction site. The site is right next to the sheraton. Looks to be new construction and it may even be up before the Hyatt Lex

Just kidding - the ground was just dug up..
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
LOL! You had me going! I'm from Flushing originally and have not been back for many years, so the notion of a Hyatt Place there really caught my eye. I was wondering, "Has the neighborhood really changed that much?"

I guess Flushing will just have to get by with a Four Seasons for now.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I guess Flushing will just have to get by with a Four Seasons for now.
Is there perhaps a Four Points Sheraton? The closest Four Seasons is on 57th street, and a Hyatt Place would definitely not compete with it

If FFN ever comes back, I`m sure a lot of New York Flyer Talkers will be doing MRs in Flushing.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Was in flushing NY last week and noticed a sign for a future Hyatt Place at a construction site. The site is right next to the Sheraton.
Did the sign prophesy an opening date? (Although several NYC HP have been announced before and never opened, or opened as something else).

Just how close is the hole in the ground to the subway? (The Flushing FI worked out quite well for the last night last trip before an early airplane, but it requires subway and a change to something other vehicle to get there from mid-town. Not to mention I still prefer Hyatt to Marriott, even if I don't feel all that loved by either lately).
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
The site is about 1 block from the subway. Once it opens, I am sure it will have shuttle service like the sheraton.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
So anybody been by this place recently and how is it going?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
So anybody been by this place recently and how is it going?
Would be nice to have an update or is this another expected new Hyatt that has been flushed down the drain...

Park Hyatt Mexico City, Grand Hyatt Las Vegas, Andaz Austin Texas, Hyatt Place SFO... and the list goes on.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Would be nice to have an update or is this another expected new Hyatt that has been flushed down the drain...

Park Hyatt Mexico City, Grand Hyatt Las Vegas, Andaz Austin Texas, Hyatt Place SFO... and the list goes on.
There was a Hyatt Place SFO in the works? I feel as if the Hyatt at SFO never gets filled.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Was passing by the area the other day and looks like its still in construction. Took a few snaps

http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/ju...att%20Flushing

Last edited by Justtony; Jun 11, 2014 at 7:52 pm
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Justtony
Was passing by the area the other day and looks like its still in construction. Took a few snaps

http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/ju...att%20Flushing
That's a long construction project for a hotel of this size. I wonder whether there have been ownership changes or other difficulties.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
The hotel has been open for a couple weeks already. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'll lock this thread for housekeeping. Continue discussions at the referenced thread.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.