Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HP LaGuardia/Flushing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

The brand new HP in LaGuardia is finally opened. It just had its soft opening and reservations can be made beginning this weekend on Hyatt.com.

I first reported this in 2011...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ming-soon.html

The outside is still a mess and you would not think is actually ready for guest. If you love Chinese food, this is the location to be - not the one in Manhattan. Huge seafood restaurant next door and a very well reviewed Mongolian joint nearby (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/di...eens.html?_r=0. The lobby is bigger than the typical HP and here is a picture from the outside...

Finally a Hyatt outside of Manhattan
Old May 30, 2014, 2:48 pm

How far is this from LGA? Might be worthwhile for when having an early flight.
Thanks
Old May 30, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
How far is this from LGA? Might be worthwhile for when having an early flight.
Thanks
Is about 10-15 minutes by shuttle depending on terminal. When I used to stay at the Sheraton (right next door), it was an easy trip.
Old May 31, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Would I be totally creeped out walking back to the hotel at night from the 7 Train? (Meaning during construction it looked like a dark walk down a deserted light industrial street). Or has redevelopment made it pedestrian friendly?
Old May 31, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
We have a one-night stay booked for June 15, the official opening date for a while. I think it's bookable now for June 1 and beyond.
@jayer, we've stayed at the Sheraton next door and did not feel "creeped out" walking at night at all. Then again, I don't know how late you're talking about. We were on the 7 train around 8 or 9 and walked back to Sheraton and never felt unsafe.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
We were on the 7 train around 8 or 9 and walked back to Sheraton and never felt unsafe.
Thanks. Meaning after a Broadway curtain and the ride north, so anywhere from 10:30 to midnight.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by jayer
Thanks. Meaning after a Broadway curtain and the ride north, so anywhere from 10:30 to midnight.
Well, not sure about walking at midnight... unless it's weekend when there are more people walking about. I would probably catch a cab back or sprint to hotel
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:26 pm

Booked a room, then had to call for some special handling. They were still "learning the ropes", but sincerely trying, and they did eventually come through for me. (Haven't done my stay yet. Will report when I do.)
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by jayer
It is literally 1 block from the train station and usually there are still a few people waiting for buses home on the streets. I live 15 min north of the area and I think that area is quite safe.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
This area is not bad, you will be fine at that time. I've done it several times in my life and you will be ok.. I'm staying here next week, i'm looking forward to it. Is there a shuttle bus from LGA?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
This area is not bad, you will be fine at that time. I've done it several times in my life and you will be ok.. I'm staying here next week, i'm looking forward to it. Is there a shuttle bus from LGA?
Yes, there is a shuttle van. We stayed for one night a week ago just to check the place out. After spending a few nights at Four Points Sheraton in Manhattan, which is not tiny by NYC standards, the room at Hyatt Place Flushing felt huge! We stayed in double Queen room with pull out sofa bed. Very nice and comfortable. The staff were very polite and accommodating. We asked for a late check out and got it (2 pm). I have zero status at Hyatt, I don't even have Hyatt Visa.

We got a room with indirect view of Manhattan on the 7th floor (upgraded?). There is an indoor pool and a small exercise room on the tenth (top) floor. I was told there will also be a rooftop restaurant soon.

Breakfast was nice, mostly standard Hyatt Place fares with some Asian items thrown in, miso soup, porridge, seaweed salad, etc. There were plenty of seating and not crowded at all. There were also many seating in the lobby with comfortable sofas, three computers, and a printer. Also, LGA, JFK, and EWR flight arrival and departure monitor which I thought was neat.

All in all, it was a great stay.

Still under construction.

Last edited by Namaste1; Jun 22, 2014 at 10:22 pm Reason: added image
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:02 am

I stayed there this weekend. I wrote up this review, with photos on my blog. I will also be posting photos of the fitness room and pool - probably tomorrow.

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea.....2rLHeaVc.dpbs
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I've got a stay here this Tuesday. Rates are over $400! Must be the most expensive HP in the world!
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I had another great stay here. Very very friendly service. Amazing service. I ordered food and they brought it up to my room. They gave me a free drink plus points.

The area feels like a different country but nothing bad.

One thing, the elevator is a bit shaky. All in, the best Hyatt Place property around. The rooms are very spacious.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:40 am

What's the best way of getting here from Midtown, if not a cab?
Thinking of staying here Sun-Mon before our 9am flight to YYZ, or extend our Andaz 5th stay with one night and pop out to LGA in the morning.
HP is 144USD and the Andaz 372USD... perhaps I already know the answer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.