Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt points at appr 1c/pt during Discover America promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As posted in another forum but with detailed hyatt specific info now available
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...in-spring.html

https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/Calendar.aspx

On friday apr 15 the site will be offering several Hyatt packages that essentially appear as points for sale at appr 1c/pt. 4 different packages with slightly different point values limited to 1 package of each kind per person - 159K points in total.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Is this offer also valid for Europeans?
And is it legal to buy points?
Sorry, but I'm quite new to Hyatt GP.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:16 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Is this offer also valid for Europeans?
And is it legal to buy points?
Sorry, but I'm quite new to Hyatt GP.
If you can get the credit card to work - I'm sure its valid for Europeans - sometimes the credit card approval for the purchase could hang you up.

Its legal to buy points - this deal was offered last year. Hyatt does sell points (limited amount) directly also.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Saw this an hour ago ^ Also nice to see the discount for using an Amex card. $225 for 24,000 points is a pretty good deal
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
And we get no free nights, we get simply the points, right?
Just because points would be great, but free nights at a specific hotel or hotel category wouldn't be useful to me.
10% discount with amex sounds great, hopefully my german amex will work...
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:35 am

If you bought all the packages, that's 1,700$ for 159,000 miles. Which sounds like a pretty good deal.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by mreplus
If you bought all the packages, that's 1,700$ for 159,000 miles. Which sounds like a pretty good deal.
almost right...more like half of 159k miles because of conversion.... not 1:1 at hyatt
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks
almost right...more like half of 159k miles because of conversion.... not 1:1 at hyatt
what do you mean?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
what do you mean?
maybe i'm mistaken or there is another FT way to gain more miles but:

isn't the conversion
Convert Points To Miles: Receive 1 mile for every 2.5 Hyatt Gold Passport points you convert, starting with a minimum of 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points.

Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles when you convert 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points.
so 150k points = 75k miles
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:59 am

i think he meant hyatt points and not miles.

so 1800$, maybe 1600$ with Amex, for 159.000 points sounds pretty good.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
This is an excellent deal for those who really want Hyatt points, but a mediocre or worse deal for those who really want airline miles.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
I'm interested in the 24000 points for $250, less 10% for using an AMEX = $225. Would like to use these for one of the hotels listed that is currently booking at 199$ not including taxes. It's almost like a B1G1 then for the two nights because no taxes are collected for award nights, correct?

Since I'm actually having a 3 night stay, could I actually buy the 2-night offer for $415 which yields 36,000 points? It sounds from what I'm reading here that we can pretty much do whatever we want with the points, right?

Final questions: Do point night reservations have the flexibility of being able to make reservations for family, and are the reservations fully cancellable assuming hotel cancellation policies? SHould I call the hotel I'm interested in ahead of time to make sure there is availability for reward booking for the dates I need, am not familiar with how Hyatt allows for reward reservations...

Thanks so much, in advance
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:52 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
This is not nearly as good a deal as I remember from the last time... and for those of us without Amex, even less so. And they continue the odd practice of increasing the price per point with each successive package if you buy more points.

I might just go for the smallest 24K package with the cheapest cost at 1.04 cents/pt.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
This is not nearly as good a deal as I remember from the last time... ...
That's wishful remembering - they were offered close to the same 1 c/pt last year...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...5-11-10-a.html

As for other posts - this is for purchasing points; miles have absolutely nothing to do with it. Obviously use of points and related topics have been extensively discussed on Hyatt forum.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by SharonLPK
I'm interested in the 24000 points for $250, less 10% for using an AMEX = $225. Would like to use these for one of the hotels listed that is currently booking at 199$ not including taxes. It's almost like a B1G1 then for the two nights because no taxes are collected for award nights, correct?

Since I'm actually having a 3 night stay, could I actually buy the 2-night offer for $415 which yields 36,000 points? It sounds from what I'm reading here that we can pretty much do whatever we want with the points, right?

Final questions: Do point night reservations have the flexibility of being able to make reservations for family, and are the reservations fully cancellable assuming hotel cancellation policies? SHould I call the hotel I'm interested in ahead of time to make sure there is availability for reward booking for the dates I need, am not familiar with how Hyatt allows for reward reservations...

Thanks so much, in advance
Yes, the GP points can be redeemed for any property in whatever denomination is required for a 'free' nt at the respective property.

You are correct that any reservations are fully cancelable per the hotel's cancellation policy.

If you are booking for a family member, but out of your GP account, you would need to add that person as the 2nd person on your reservation. All the award night bookings can be done on the Hyatt GP website, but it's probably easier to call in to HGP for assistance esp. since you are looking to book multiple nts!

If you don't already have a Hyatt GP a/c -- you need to open one up. I believe that can done done on-line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.