Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Maldives - Park Hyatt Effective 4/1/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb

Although not official, expect an announcment of Park Hyatt in the Maldives effective April 1, 2011.

It will be an exisitng resort in the southern Atoll and a simple google can find this out as some tour operators are already changing their listings to reflect the change.

If any change I will update this thread.

Last edited by yyzlhr; Mar 21, 2011 at 3:39 am
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Although not official, expect an announcment of Park Hyatt in the Maldives effective April 1, 2011.

It will be an exisitng resort in the southern Atoll and a simple google can find this out as some tour operators are already changing their listings to reflect the change.

If any change I will update this thread.
It's re-brand from Alila Villas Hadahaa and effective from 1st April.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:48 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
now we're cooking
Old Mar 21, 2011, 6:41 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by irwin8417
It's re-brand from Alila Villas Hadahaa and effective from 1st April.
The place looks gorgeous:

http://www.alilahotels.com/hadahaa/gallery - and click to go thru the slideshow.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Very nice. But looking at the price list for the resort activities I'd better start saving some $$$ :-(

http://www.alilahotels.com/sites/def...%20Hadahaa.pdf
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The place looks gorgeous:

http://www.alilahotels.com/hadahaa/gallery - and click to go thru the slideshow.
This place does look gorgeous. If the news are true, this will be by far the best addition to the Hyatt portfolio in recent years. It may even push me to stay with Hyatt more than planned in the coming months to rake in as many points as possible during the promo so I can redeem them at this place as soon as it becomes bookable with points.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Looks great. Definitely will stay here.

Question is, when will be a Hyatt up and running? Announcement may be in April but I suspect a much later date for changeover...
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by peachy3
Looks great. Definitely will stay here.

Question is, when will be a Hyatt up and running? Announcement may be in April but I suspect a much later date for changeover...
No, looks like Alila are handing over on April 1, and Hyatt taking over from then
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
No, looks like Alila are handing over on April 1, and Hyatt taking over from then
Also: http://www.intourmaldives.com/en/Pag...es-in-Maldives
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
This property looks fabulous, and will have an immediately positive halo-effect on the entire Hyatt portfolio.

Only thing I'm worried about is the creation of a category 7, due to the credit card intro, and to the opening of hotels with sure-to-be-astronomical room rates such as this one and the upcoming Park Hyatt NYC.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I just tweeted them asking how many points a night it will be and I got:
"At this time we have not designated the hotel a point category"

The good news is that this news is offical. Bad news is they might be creating a new point level. Lets hope it isn't too outrageous.

Last edited by thepointsguy; Mar 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:11 am

and how quickly is the hotel's entire inventory going to be taken by credit card holders?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Having just returned from a fabulous stay at the Conrad Maldives I will be keeping my eyes on this thread.

The water villas look to have an interesting design. From what I can tell it looks like they parallel the beach rather than extending away from the island. If so, this may give more privacy than the more traditional Maldive resorts, yet put you closer to the beach on the opposite side of villa. Though the rooms seem large by Hyatt resort standards, they may even be small by Maldive resort standards. Especially the beach villas. Still, having the option of spending or earning Hyatt points to stay in an overwater villa or beach villa with private plunge pool in the Maldives is a great development.

Also it appears that the resort is much further south than the Conrad Hilton and most the other resorts. The upside to this would probably be much better coral health than resorts further north due to bleaching. The downside would be cost and time to get to resort from Male.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by DunkSB
and how quickly is the hotel's entire inventory going to be taken by credit card holders?
Originally Posted by texmanufan
Also it appears that the resort is much further south than the Conrad Hilton and most the other resorts. The downside would be cost and time to get to resort from Male.
It's hard enough to get to Male, then it's another hour on a puddle-jumper followed by an hour on a speedboat.

Hey, I'm going to use a raftload of points to stay for a week , but really can't see anyone from the US heading here for two nights....
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Bad news is they are might be creating a new point level.
Why would you make an assumption like that here?

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.