Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Amenity: "The vast majority choose points." You?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Amenity: "The vast majority choose points." You?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:42 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Almost always the Amenity

Unless I'm just spending a quick one-nighter at a property, I almost always will chose the amenity.

The amenity at my usual property, GH TPA is always an amazing selection, and the amenity at all of the Hawaii properties has always been wonderful. I don't think that I have ever had an amenity that I did not enjoy. However, the best that I have ever had would have to be the fruit/cheese tray + wine at the Hyatt Regency MCO Int'l ... the largest and best presentment ever!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K DL Gold AA Lifetime Platinum Hilton Diamond Holiday Inn Platinum Hyatt Diamond Marriott Gold
Diamond amenity

I usually take the points. But I do ask the front desk if theirs is worth it. They generally give good advice. When I have taken the amenity it was good. Full bottle of wine and good cheeses. Have never taken at HP. Anyone tried HP amenity?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
I will choose points if I got this :http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...elcome-amenity
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by karung99
I will choose points if I got this :http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...elcome-amenity
Good luck with that -- this wasn't at a US property.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
I'm not sure why anyone would choose the F&B amenity if an RC is open. OK, the beverage may have $10-12 of value vs. the RC cost, but the food?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Good luck with that -- this wasn't at a US property.
I had the EXACT same thing at the PH in DC earlier this year!
Old Dec 25, 2010, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Explore
I'm not sure why anyone would choose the F&B amenity if an RC is open. OK, the beverage may have $10-12 of value vs. the RC cost, but the food?
And that's why I at least really wasn't upset about the green apples I got at the HR Mainz earlier this week (just like Lucky in his blog post), because I was sure I'd get enough to eat/drink at the RC -- combined with the Christmas market tour.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
I've not had much of the stale, dry, can't open wine experiences as some have posted here. I've only been Diamond about 1.5 yrs, but have had good luck with the f&b.

As for what I take when, I take points on most stays, ssince most of them are 1 to 2 nights max. On stays 3+ nights, I'll take the f&b nad usually have it delivered on the 2nd day. I can drink the wine leisurely over 2-3 days and not bother about feeling like having to dribk it all or try to take with me.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I go with the points 100% of the time. Most of my stays are for 1 night, and I'm getting in to the hotel either right before I go out to dinner, or right after dinner and I'm getting ready to go to bed.

Over the course of 30 stays a year, it comes out to be about 22k more points annually (I do a good bit of HP stays unfortunately and only get 500 there) - still a free Cat 6 night in the year just from 1Ws though.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
I go with the points 100% of the time. Most of my stays are for 1 night, and I'm getting in to the hotel either right before I go out to dinner, or right after dinner and I'm getting ready to go to bed.
Same here. If the property has a lounge then there is even less incentive.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:24 pm

I choose points since I don't enjoy wine and cheese anyway.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
The first time I stay at a resort or upper end hyatt I choose the amenity to see what its like at the hotel. They vary so much ...

One more place I'll choose the amenity in the future: Grand Champions.

I was there earlier in December and the cheese plate with olives, crackers, cheese, and sausage was quite nice. Not large but good variety and quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.