Reload this Page >

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:04 pm

Does this work on hotels that one pays on arrival ? Presumably one would need to get the hotel to allow one to pay with the same card used to guarantee the initial reservation ?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:06 pm

The booking.com link -- is it multiple use and not targeted?

Originally Posted by redreeper
Saw this on SD this morning.

Book $80+ on booking.com get 40 back after you stay.

aa.com, scroll down to news and offers.

https://www.aa.com/homePage.do

https://www.booking.com/index.html?a...VttWUR_RtvB8A#

Due to my location the aa home page does not offer the forty dollar deal , so must use the booking.clm link provided.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
I'm seeing a $25CDN reward. Definitely a lot less than $40USD. I guess I'll wait to see what ultimately gets refunded after my stay next week and fight it if I don't get back close to the equivalent of $40USD. I made sure to take a screen shot saying that I would get the $40USD refund (and I don't see anywhere in the terms and conditions saying that one had to be in the US to claim it).
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I made a reservation today via the booking.com link provided in the initial post. There was a green banner on booking.com webpage confirming that I would get $40 back for a reservation > $80. I accepted this and made the reservation (European hotel, pay later/at hotel and entered my VISA card details to secure the booking). Some hours later I received a separate/additional email from booking.com

Receiving your US$40 reward from Booking.com

We hope you have a great trip! After your stay, you will receive an email on receiving your US$40 reward from Booking.com. The reward is paid on your preferred credit card and sent to you shortly afterwards.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:37 am

The green banner link still seems to work, right through the booking - but once the booking is actually made, nowhere in the email or in the booking receipt online is there a mention of the $40 off promo.

False advertising?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by nomii
The green banner link still seems to work, right through the booking - but once the booking is actually made, nowhere in the email or in the booking receipt online is there a mention of the $40 off promo.

False advertising?
I experienced the same as you - green banner but no further mention of rebate. Got an email a couple hours or so after booking with notification the $40 would be credited after my stay.

I wasn't too concerned because I have a fully refundable booking. Perhaps a risk if you are looking to book non-ref.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
Does this work on hotels that one pays on arrival ? Presumably one would need to get the hotel to allow one to pay with the same card used to guarantee the initial reservation ?
Yes. In fact in the U.S. all stays are paid directly to the hotel, booking.com is not set up to accept payments. This may not be true in other countries.
Per the T&C's it's one $40 promo per person, not multiple use. It may be targeted, per T&C's; I have used booking.com previously a few times--link worked for me.

I feel quite confident about this offer, as I received a confirmation email after the booking confirming the -$40 promo (as others have stated).

a330300, thank you for posting that you received the credit quite promptly.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Yes. In fact in the U.S. all stays are paid directly to the hotel, booking.com is not set up to accept payments. This may not be true in other countries.
Per the T&C's it's one $40 promo per person, not multiple use. It may be targeted, per T&C's; I have used booking.com previously a few times--link worked for me.

I feel quite confident about this offer, as I received a confirmation email after the booking confirming the -$40 promo (as others have stated).

a330300, thank you for posting that you received the credit quite promptly.
Oddly I didn't receive the confirmation email of the promo, but I took a screen shot of the confirmation page that showed it.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Oddly I didn't receive the confirmation email of the promo, but I took a screen shot of the confirmation page that showed it.
Same happened to me and took screenshots too.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nomii

False advertising?
Confirmation page has "Don't forget, you’ll get $40 after you complete your stay!"

Looks like it will be posted to CC used at check-in based on page one post.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
I'm seeing a $25CDN reward. Definitely a lot less than $40USD. I guess I'll wait to see what ultimately gets refunded after my stay next week and fight it if I don't get back close to the equivalent of $40USD. I made sure to take a screen shot saying that I would get the $40USD refund (and I don't see anywhere in the terms and conditions saying that one had to be in the US to claim it).
Replying to my own post:

Although my booking.com account showed a $25CDN reward pending prior to the stay, the $40US was correctly credited to my Visa about 5 days after checkout. (And I had stays on consecutive nights in different hotels and got the $40US successfully refunded on each, so I don't think there's a one-per-account limit on the promotion. But YMMV)

<Also note that I did NOT receive the confirmation e-mail after making the reservation, so don't sweat it if you don't>
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Wow, great deal. Do you have to use an AA cc to get the cashback? Or can you use any card?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Wow, great deal. Do you have to use an AA cc to get the cashback? Or can you use any card?
My reply email just said it would be credited to the card used, no mention of branding of the card.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Replying to my own post:

Although my booking.com account showed a $25CDN reward pending prior to the stay, the $40US was correctly credited to my Visa about 5 days after checkout. (And I had stays on consecutive nights in different hotels and got the $40US successfully refunded on each, so I don't think there's a one-per-account limit on the promotion. But YMMV)

<Also note that I did NOT receive the confirmation e-mail after making the reservation, so don't sweat it if you don't>
Awesome, thank you for stating it!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:39 am

Booked 2 weeks before & received a email notifying the $40 dollar rebate. Cancelled it and rebooked another hotel last week for a stay on 1st July. No email received this time. But my account do show a $40 pending reward (4 July). Don't know what will be happened yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.