Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Vancouver/Last minute Travel flash sale?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Searching for a nice place in Vancouver on 8/2-8/5. Booked at Hotel Le Soleil. But re-searching today just for kicks and this deal showed up on Kayak for the Four Seasons:

Superior @ $235/night
Deluxe @ $248/night
Premier @ $287/night
Executive Suite @ $317/night

Deal is through the last minute travel flash site sale. Are they trustworthy? Any issues with their deals being honored in the past?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:42 am

lmtclub.com has it for $208 a night for those dates. I've used lmtclub for years and usually use it to book that property near xmas. Become a family tradition. No problems yet.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
FS goes on flash sale sites? Property dependent I would assume?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

probably $337 after 3rd night free booking direct, some agencies give benefits

re FS 3rd party site deals - FS punta mita is on travelzoo every summer
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
probably $337 after 3rd night free booking direct, some agencies give benefits

re FS 3rd party site deals - FS punta mita is on travelzoo every summer
No and imho you should check before posting a guess like that. Virtuoso shows it over $400. The direct third night free offer is $400 per night and that's after third night free (oddly cheapest room in that offer is an executive suite with 2 bath and living room but even that room is cheaper on lmtclub). There's no direct public offer that comes close. The lmtclub rate is same for 8/2 to 8/5 and one of those nights alone. If you do find a direct rate that's better please share as this is our go to property in the area and am always looking for deals.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trajanc
No and imho you should check before posting a guess like that. Virtuoso shows it over $400. The direct third night free offer is $400 per night and that's after third night free (oddly cheapest room in that offer is an executive suite
i said "direct" i did not say "online"
if you looked, you will note room third night free rate is not loaded online
offer does not say suites, have to book offline or with agent for benefits
bookings through FS Preferred Partner agencies get benefits on FS offers
(so virtuoso rate is completely irrelevant in terms of benefit rates at FS)
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:00 pm

i said "direct" i did not say "online"
if you looked, you will note room third night free rate is not loaded online
offer does not say suites, have to book offline or with agent for benefits
bookings through FS Preferred Partner agencies get benefits on FS offers
(so virtuoso rate is completely irrelevant in terms of benefit rates at FS)
I did look and am still not sure what you are talking about. There is a third night free offer on their website which includes suites but that's beside the point. If you can tell me a way to book this property at the rate lmtclub is offering but with benefits like the 4S preferred partner program that would be great. I asked a preferred partner agent and their quote was not even close.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you claimed the third night free does not apply to rooms because it is not loaded online

the only way to know that for sure is to talk directly to sales manager / general manager

did the preferred partner agent you talked to attempt to negotiate with sales manager

FS punta mita is allowing some/all preferred partner agents to match travelzoo rate

i was not talking about lmtclub rate, and i was not saying to book direct, i was just comparing probable benefit rate of $337 with non benefit rates of $235 and $208, basically showing that those rates beat what the hotel would have for third night free (good deal to begin with) on cheapest room rate

i was also saying (i mentioned travelzoo) as you did, that FS does do deals on these sites, as contrary as it would seem to their business/brand/price integrity etc, even the luxury market has changed

and i know someone who has negotiated upgrades to top suites from base room. everything is negotiable. that person in question was a CEO who knew isadore sharp's family and C-level execs at ritz carlton. but many on FT negotiate quite successfully. while most on FT put way too much emphasis on earned status, especially when not really high spend.

re FS vancouver, it is owned by FS corporate. may be factor for regular guests of FS.

I did look and am still not sure what you are talking about. There is a third night free offer on their website which includes suites but that's beside the point. If you can tell me a way to book this property at the rate lmtclub is offering but with benefits like the 4S preferred partner program that would be great. I asked a preferred partner agent and their quote was not even close.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 27, 2016 at 9:50 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:30 pm

you claimed the third night free does not apply to rooms because it is not loaded online

the only way to know that for sure is to talk directly to sales manager / general manager

did the preferred partner agent you talked to attempt to negotiate with sales manager

FS punta mita is allowing some/all preferred partner agents to match travelzoo rate

i was not talking about lmtclub rate, and i was not saying to book direct, i was just comparing probable benefit rate of $337 with non benefit rates of $235 and $208, basically showing that those rates beat what the hotel would have for third night free (good deal to begin with) on cheapest room rate

i was also saying (i mentioned travelzoo) as you did, that FS does do deals on these sites, as contrary as it would seem to their business/brand/price integrity etc, even the luxury market has changed

and i know someone who has negotiated upgrades to top suites from base room. everything is negotiable. that person in question was a CEO who knew isadore sharp's family and C-level execs at ritz carlton. but many on FT negotiate quite successfully. while most on FT put way too much emphasis on earned status, especially when not really high spend.

re FS vancouver, it is owned by FS corporate. may be factor for regular guests of FS.
I was simply repeating what was on their site and offered by the different agents. Instead of guessing. I have never had any success trying to get this 4S to match the lmtclub rate, either thru a PP agent or on my own. I have no 4S status so ymmv.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

again, i was simply abbreviating instead of saying :

http://www.fourseasons.com/vancouver...rd_night_free/
Complimentary third night with every two consecutive paid nights
Please note: Rates for this offer are based on our best available Room Rate
"is not loaded for regular rooms on FS website reservations, so one has to call/etc"

may not be loaded in GDS either, and non-management may have no idea

I was simply repeating what was on their site and offered by the different agents. Instead of guessing. I have never had any success trying to get this 4S to match the lmtclub rate, either thru a PP agent or on my own. I have no 4S status so ymmv.
oddly cheapest room in that offer is an executive suite
not odd. if you looked at available rates for regular room, you would have seen it was not loaded. that is my only point.

this is how mistake rates happen, and this is how all sorts of things happen, whether mistakes, or intentional, or whatever. (public web) reservation systems are complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.