Reload this Page >

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Honolulu - $45/night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Honolulu - $45/night

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:52 am

Elvoline notified me this morning the hotel would not honor it and had to refund my money. They did offer a 5% discount though. Elvoline seemed to handle it as gracefully as possible.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Unhappy and the end is here

Dear bk3day,

We are contacting you in regards to your booking number xxxxxx for the hotel Waikiki Beach Marriott at Honolulu, from

We have been notified by our supplier that there has been a price error on this hotel.

As such our supplier cancelled your booking.

On the 3rd of February we will process the refund of 120,5 USD corresponding to the total amount paid.

We would like to apologize for this unfortunate situation.

Should you have any questions or need more details do not hesitate to contact us by email at [email protected], or by phone at +1 92 92 770 700.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by NewbieCollegeFlyer
Please tell me you did not call Marriott?
No. Just put the reservation number on marriott.com and could not find the information. But anyways, got the refund email today from amoma as well.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
just got a cancel notice from elvoline
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: JGC
Unhappy

Originally Posted by bk3day
Dear bk3day,

We are contacting you in regards to your booking number xxxxxx for the hotel Waikiki Beach Marriott at Honolulu, from

We have been notified by our supplier that there has been a price error on this hotel.

As such our supplier cancelled your booking.

On the 3rd of February we will process the refund of 120,5 USD corresponding to the total amount paid.

We would like to apologize for this unfortunate situation.

Should you have any questions or need more details do not hesitate to contact us by email at [email protected], or by phone at +1 92 92 770 700.
I got the same cancellation e-mail this morning as well.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Received both cancelation email and refund from Paypal. Done deal, on to the next price error.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
No surprise that this hotel refused to honor the reservations. This is a hotel that actively patrols third party sites to try and limit the number of LNF possibilities. They think way more highly of themselves than they should. I predict things will get even worse when Sheraton comes into the fold since loyal platinum guests will likely prefer it over the Marriott.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Does the hotel have anything to do with this rate not being honored? I don't think so.

As I understand it, the OTA would be paying the hotel whatever amount they have agreed to. So, the OTA would be getting underpaid, hence they are not honoring the deal.

The mention of a "supplier" in one cancellation email above is either referring to a middleman or is just a misleading statement from the OTA.

Has anyone got a better understanding of this? Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:29 pm

It's down to the supplier first and then its down to the OTA you booked with.

I booked shortly before the main news came out both here and on EHD.

However my booking has been ''down graded'' to an Ocean view plus room inc ABF but I'm happy with that, after all it's only a room and it's only an ocean view the likes of which I have seen quite a few times before! The OTA I booked through (not on the bad list here) has asked me very politely whether I wish to accept.

I'm guessing some OTA's have more clout or are more customer focused than others. I only paid a 10% deposit and I've got some form of honorability....go figure??
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I want to be chokdee !

Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Did book this end of January (found it by accident in a metasearch) for a two week stay in May. I did not yet get a cancellation, but still hold a "confirmed" prepaid reservation which is refundable. Due to the ridiculous T&C of this particular OTA, that doesnt mean much though. They only guarantee a "full refund" in case the "hotel doesnt allow me to use the reservation"; they "will not be responsible for finding alternative accommodation".
I did request them to reconfirm the reservation - all i get so far is some "we want to keep your business" mails asking me to "wait for another couple of days"...pretty annoying. Guess it'd be silly to book flights at all.

Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by clublounger
Does the hotel have anything to do with this rate not being honored? I don't think so.

As I understand it, the OTA would be paying the hotel whatever amount they have agreed to. So, the OTA would be getting underpaid, hence they are not honoring the deal.

The mention of a "supplier" in one cancellation email above is either referring to a middleman or is just a misleading statement from the OTA.

Has anyone got a better understanding of this? Thanks.
Yes to the last question. Read many many many threads about rates not being honored. It is the hotel refusing to honor the rate, thus leaving it up to the OTA if they want to eat it or not. The hotels load the rates, so it is their error. Sometimes the OTA will eat it (Expedia has a good record), sometimes they wont (booking.com has a poor record).

Last edited by tatterdema; Feb 12, 2016 at 5:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.