Wiki Posts
Search

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Honolulu - $45/night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Honolulu - $40/night

*Possibly dead*

$40/night - Double Ocean View Diamond Head. Free buffet breakfast, free cancellation. April 1-June 17 (price may vary slightly by date).

May or may not get cancelled, but with free cancellation, there's no reason not to give it a shot. Book now, think later - this one won't last.

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel...Resort_Spa.htm

Note: on the final checkout screen, I did get a warning that there would be extra fees on arrival: a total of $7.48 for 5 days.

EDIT: There are reports of a $30/night resort fee that's not included in the price. Even at that price, it's still a steal, but keep it in mind.

Last edited by bobert24; Jan 30, 2016 at 7:25 am
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by bobert24
$45/night. Double Ocean View Diamond Head. Free buffet breakfast. Free cancellation. April 1-June 17.

May or may not get cancelled, but with free cancellation, there's no reason not to give it a shot.

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel...Resort_Spa.htm
What dates did you see $45? The lowest I get is $58 for a few random dates in early June. Still a great deal.

Edit: just got 5 nights in June for a friend for $35/night. Great find, OP. Now have to figure out how to get around the $30/night Resort a Fee.

Edit again: fortunately saw the Elvo post before I pulled the trigger. No resort fee. Thanks!

Last edited by Finkface; Jan 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:04 pm

I booked through two OTA for two different weekends. Elvo's site had nothing about the resort fee, Amoma did. Thanks OP!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Thank OP I am booked in June with breakfast
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:05 pm

These price don't have free cancellation..Just thought I will mention..if you don't go you lose the money..
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
These price don't have free cancellation..Just thought I will mention..if you don't go you lose the money..
It actually comes with free cancellation.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
What dates did you see $45? The lowest I get is $58 for a few random dates in early June. Still a great deal.

Edit: just got 5 nights in June for a friend for $35/night. Great find, OP. Now have to figure out how to get around the $30/night Resort a Fee.
Glad you found the dates. I actually updated the OP to reflect that I was able to book for $40/night - looks like you did even better.

Just curious - where are you seeing the $35/night resort fee? I'm not seeing it anywhere in the description or during checkout. It's far from a dealbreaker at this price, but I definitely want to include it in the OP if it's being charged. I do see other charges, but just the $7 I mentioned earlier.

Edit: I see above that amoma shows it, and elvoline doesn't. Don't forget to take full screenshots of everything - price, T&C, etc.

Last edited by bobert24; Jan 29, 2016 at 10:16 pm
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
looks dead
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Booked on Amoma, will cancel once Marriott tells me how the LNF went. Don't trust the place at all its some sketchy European website.

Anyone tried cancelling yet? Both hotel charge and taxes and fees come back I assume? Amoma also tries to charge extra for CC/PayPal use, only debit has no fees.

Last edited by msp3; Jan 30, 2016 at 1:51 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:56 am

Please don't call

Never call is the first rule of every deal...otherwise you ruin the chances for everyone
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just FYI, Elvo does have this on the first page, the inquiry page. It's easy to miss and I think most are looking for it later on in the process. But it's there.

Mandatory Fees and Taxes

You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel:

Resort fee: USD 31.41 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Renard
looks dead
you're wrong
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Renard
looks dead
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
you're wrong
IAN is right.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:19 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I couldn't get anything to price out on elvoline?

Anwyays, thanks OP. Even with the resort fee it's quite a good deal.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Haven't had a Marriott property that honored such reservations before.. will see if they do this time..

Thanks OP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.