Marriott Riverwalk for $15/night++ Nov 15-Sept 16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Riverwalk for $15/night++ Nov 15-Sept 16

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:50 pm

^
Emailed my contact at Marriott and got the green light that it is being honored for March 25-30 looking at flights now from so cal, $144 each way is best I'm seeing for a Friday- Wednesday.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

But that is good news.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
^
Emailed my contact at Marriott and got the green light that it is being honored for March 25-30 looking at flights now from so cal, $144 each way is best I'm seeing for a Friday- Wednesday.
LOL. Might wanna change that d to a squ in your username
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:13 am

Not my fault I have a friend who is up there in the company....
Sent him a link of the thread and suggested the bookings be cancelled.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Not my fault I have a friend who is up there in the company....
Sent him a link of the thread and suggested the bookings be cancelled.
Hi, I see you have a few dozen post. The protocol on these deals is to NOT contact the hotel or airline. For any reason. Even if you have a high up friend.

So it is your fault for potentially bringing attention to this. This is considered extremely poor form and is very very very frowned upon.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:52 am

Smile

Originally Posted by wcalvert
Hi, I see you have a few dozen post. The protocol on these deals is to NOT contact the hotel or airline. For any reason. Even if you have a high up friend.

So it is your fault for potentially bringing attention to this. This is considered extremely poor form and is very very very frowned upon.
Facts:
1)you couldn't book that rate anymore.
2) I didn't contact the hotel.
3) I didn't contact the hotel group.

What I did was no worse than posting and sharing the info on this forum. Is it my fault I have a connection that I could rely on to make sure I was good to go to purchase airfare for this trip? I didn't have to share that information here at all.

If you're going to give me grief, maybe next low rate thread that goes up,I'll call the hotel property immediately to let them know about their mistake. Then this backlash will have been justified...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Facts:
1)you couldn't book that rate anymore.
2) I didn't contact the hotel.
3) I didn't contact the hotel group.

What I did was no worse than posting and sharing the info on this forum. Is it my fault I have a connection that I could rely on to make sure I was good to go to purchase airfare for this trip? I didn't have to share that information here at all.

If you're going to give me grief, maybe next low rate thread that goes up,I'll call the hotel property immediately to let them know about their mistake. Then this backlash will have been justified...
You posted above that you did contact the hotel group...?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FlyinPete
Their BRG performance may have been better in the past. Now, they blatantly deny claims based on a bogus template response, "Rate cannot be found".
I don't play the BRG game either because it's like grabbing a greased pig, or I'm just bad at it ... BUT ... has anyone tried taking a screen shot and submitting it to Orbitz's BRG or the like - in time before Marriott pulls it? Would it slip away - retroactively - once Marriott pulls it?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I just arrived here yesterday, was put in a concierge level room. No issues at check-in. The breakfast is a bit lacking, but for $15 a night I really have no room to complain.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moseslin
I just arrived here yesterday, was put in a concierge level room. No issues at check-in. The breakfast is a bit lacking, but for $15 a night I really have no room to complain.
Very nice! Thanks for the report.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: emersonp
Originally Posted by flyer777lr
No cancellation so far ....Stays in Nov/Dec
Were your stays honored?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
Originally Posted by emersonp
Were your stays honored?
Yes no issues at all ...next stays coming up :-)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
We had a very nice stay here. Rate was honored without issue. The agent who checked us in basically said "wow, you got a great rate!"
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Had a nice 5 night stay at the Riverwalk on this special rate. Honored without issue as well.

The riverwalk is amazing location!!!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: emersonp
great stay

Had a 4 night stay in an upgraded Concierge level room overlooking the Riverwalk at the special rate. No issues at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.