Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by channa
Not to mention, you actually have to go. For Americans, this is a long trip.
But well worth it from what I hear. There also seems to be good deal premium fares to this area (or close enough that pop up frequently. At least the visas are free now for US citizens.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:27 am

I hope things are more clear by Friday. We have AA miles flights on hold until then and would actually go if Amex FHR honors the hotel rate... or comes close. I booked a Grand King (the default room when booking) instead of a suite thinking it might help my chances of being honored.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

I doubt Amex wants to piss off its most valuable customers. I anticipate this being honored.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by channa
Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisr

I would hope so otherwise not doing so could lead to a lot more issues. I think Amex Platinum/FHR will honor this. I really don't think a ton of people got this. As someone posted you had to know about it, have an Amex Plat or Centurion, and then book it during a small window.

Not to mention, you actually have to go. For Americans, this is a long trip.
Nit picking,

but Chile is America, too.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FHR (plat/cent travel service) may pick up new (future) clients

Mauibaby2008, i think partially referring to readers of VFTW
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Angry

Originally Posted by jpwizard111
booked a few suites for xmas - got a confirmation from Amex travel nothing yet from Hyatt... fingers crossed!
Isn't this about the (moral, or at least Pogo) equivalent of calling?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Isn't this about the (moral, or at least Pogo) equivalent of calling?
I only received confirmation from Amex. Hyatt was unable to see my $1.600 CLP rate. I had to bring it to their attention and show my booking details. Somehow Amex forwards the higher rate. Or Hyatt just assumes.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:45 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
I don't know why this is a situation of "don't call". This isn't an airline that flies hundreds of thousands of people a week and no one but a computer checks the price you paid for a ticket. At the hotel they will notice how much you are paying and could refuse to give you a room at that rate after you've flown 10 hours, then what are you going to do? Dispute the American Express Travel charge with American Express?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:46 pm

I am seeing prices in USD.. over $250..how can i get CLP rates?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I am seeing prices in USD.. over $250..how can i get CLP rates?
You can't. The "Flash Sale" is over.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum & Amex Optima, SPG Gold, Chase Bold & Hilton Gold
so the waiting continues... lol - anyway to sync or link the AMEX reservation to a Hyatt account?! Psyched about this trip!!!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
So, I called amex, and they were able to retrieve the hyatt confirmation #. The agent did not say anything, nor did I prod her.

It would not let me add my GP number online, but when I open the reservation on the mobile site, under rate rules it shows the rate booked, which does not match the email from Amex (not even close) but its a fairly low rate anyways (46,000CLP/night for a king)

So, not entirely sure what is going on with it, think I'll wait a few more days...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum & Amex Optima, SPG Gold, Chase Bold & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thepaul500
So, I called amex, and they were able to retrieve the hyatt confirmation #. The agent did not say anything, nor did I prod her.

It would not let me add my GP number online, but when I open the reservation on the mobile site, under rate rules it shows the rate booked, which does not match the email from Amex (not even close) but its a fairly low rate anyways (46,000CLP/night for a king)

So, not entirely sure what is going on with it, think I'll wait a few more days...
same here AMEX retrieved the Hyatt Conf for me as well, but I can't do anything with it at this time... I don't even see a rate for the booking yet...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jpwizard111
same here AMEX retrieved the Hyatt Conf for me as well, but I can't do anything with it at this time... I don't even see a rate for the booking yet...
I wasnt able to see the rate on the desktop site, oddly, only on mobile when I clicked on the rate rules.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by thepaul500
I wasnt able to see the rate on the desktop site, oddly, only on mobile when I clicked on the rate rules.
Mobile app for Amex or Hyatt?

I have one booked for next week.

Cheers
@ORD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.