Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
OK to use Hyatt CC ?

Great News. I was thinking about using my Hyatt CC when checking in. Anybody see any issues with that ?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amex covering diplomatic suite not just rooms? nice.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by GumboCook
Great News. I was thinking about using my Hyatt CC when checking in. Anybody see any issues with that ?
I would pay with AMEX.

The Supervisor I spoke with advised me to be sure to pay with AMEX, in case they hotel does not adjust the rate, in which case AMEX can easily refund.

AMEX is taking the high road here. I would not make things more difficult for them.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Mine shows the rates with all the zeros on it as well. I wonder if we should call or just wait. I guess they could of corrected them in the system for Hyatt and then provided Hyatt with the list of people who had the other rate?

Thoughts, everyone?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by channa
I would pay with AMEX.

The Supervisor I spoke with advised me to be sure to pay with AMEX, in case they hotel does not adjust the rate, in which case AMEX can easily refund.

AMEX is taking the high road here. I would not make things more difficult for them.
Agreed. I was told we need to pay the hotel rate plus "any taxes" (not an issue), then email the receipt to them and they will credit the difference. Also was told that they and the hotel have a list of people who booked due to the pricing error. You have to use your Amex and they will not cover any incidentals. They said to ignore the corrected rate you see when you log in.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pinky
Agreed. I was told we need to pay the hotel rate plus "any taxes" (not an issue), then email the receipt to them and they will credit the difference. Also was told that they and the hotel have a list of people who booked due to the pricing error. You have to use your Amex and they will not cover any incidentals. They said to ignore the corrected rate you see when you log in.
Will they put all of this in writing???
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aviators99
Will they put all of this in writing???
Did you ask?

This is Amex and Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts (catering to Plat and Centurion cardholders). I can only speak for myself, but I feel very reassured after speaking to a manager there that this will be handled appropriately.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:55 pm

I understand your point but still. Those that booked the Diplomatic Suite for multiple-nights would be on the hook for thousands of dollars.

Not really sure I would go in blindly without having something on writing before.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Pinky
Did you ask?

This is Amex and Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts (catering to Plat and Centurion cardholders). I can only speak for myself, but I feel very reassured after speaking to a manager there that this will be handled appropriately.
I haven't called yet, but of course I will before I book flights. Just wondering if anyone was able to get it in writing.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is great news! I booked 52 nights spread over 2 stays to get me to Diamond. I wasn't overly greedy though, just booked a regular club room, not the suite
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:09 pm

So when is everyone going? Are we expecting to get Hyatt points (and revenue towards lifetime diamond) for the hotel rate or the sale rate?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by denCSA
This is great news! I booked 52 nights spread over 2 stays to get me to Diamond. I wasn't overly greedy though, just booked a regular club room, not the suite
Niiice. I thought I was greedy with six nights during December holidays.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
That is some warped thinking that because you "just" booked a regular room you weren't being greedy. It will be interesting to see if they honor yours, people who booked a couple of nights for a trip is one thing versus someone who clearly abused it.

Over the years there has been some awesome deals; however, it always seems there is the one who pushes the envelope and ruins it for everyone...
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM
I was told to pay with my Platinum card or else it would not be honored, and I have that in writing. The supervisors were happy to provide everything in writing when I asked, and in fact said if they were in my shoes would do the same.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
You're the kind of person who ruins these deals for everyone else. A week, even two weeks is reasonable. Two months, seriously? Downright greedy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.