Reload this Page >

Hilton Cabo King Premier Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cabo King Premier Suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:25 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
My reservations canceled. Wording and excuse much more elaborate and different than one posted already.

Greetings from Hilton los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort.

First of all we would like to thank you for thinking of our Hotel for your trip to Los Cabos and for being a valued member of our Hilton HHonors program. As you may know our area was devastated by Hurricane Odile in September causing our resort to be closed since that time. We are working hard to reopen soon.

Our records indicate that you have a reservation with us that was made yesterday March 26, 2015 during a testing of our systems as we work towards reopening the resort later this year. These reservations were mistakenly enabled by a software issue during our reservation system rebuilding process. For a period of one hour units of time share ownership which are not part of the resort inventory were able to be reserved online. This computer system issue has been resolved and we are reaching out to our HHonors guests who have these reservations to advise of this issue.

These time share units do not belong to the resort inventory hence cannot be reserved in this fashion. You must be a time share owner to have access to this process and the system rebuilding process resulted in this online opportunity by to book them inadvertently. All of these reservations will be cancelled and we regret any inconvenience this system software issues may have caused. If you are interested in further information on time share ownership in this area please advise us and we will be happy to connect you with additional information.

HHonors points have been credited back to your account already and may take a short period of time to appear back in your account. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this computer system issue may have caused you. Once more thank you for being a Hilton HHonors member and we hope to see you in Los Cabos soon.

Feel free to contact us to make a new reservations or visit us online.

To contact us toll free the number is 877-354-1399. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm (Mountain Time) or by email at [email protected] ; [email protected]; [email protected] or alfredo.pichardini@hilton
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
I booked reservations with both points and at the rate of $41. In the email I received, it mentioned returning the points for my reservation.

I wonder if they are going to cancel the reservations where I didn't use points. I may write them back to see if they can offer me anything.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:01 pm

I also got one of the longer emails. Time to appreciate the prompt cancel so more solid plans were not made and continue looking for the next one.

Thanks to OP for the shared information!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just received the email as well. Sent to undisclosed recipients and was a FW: to boot
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
deleted
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: HH Silver
Not surprised. I figured my chances of staying there were about 10% or less. Win some, lose some. I DO find it funny that they said it was only available for 1 hour on their booking site, when everyone knows that is not even close to correct.... it was available the NEXT DAY! haha.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Received the same cancellation email for my $41/night reservation
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I do think they missed a big opportunity here. They should have offered a discount or deal of some sort to those that were booked into this rate. I can't be the only person that would not have considered Cabo, but started getting a bit excited at the prospect of an unexpected vacation. If they had made a good "counter offer" I may have taken them up on it.
Agree. The hotel picked up some free publicity probably from people who've never considered the property before. They respond by saying (effectively) the hotel messed up, sorry, we will re-credit your points (even for those of us who are not using points...???), good day. When they could have used this as an opportunity to admit a mistake, they are a good property, and we'd like to make something that works for the hotel and guest.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I always try one response to emails like this and then I give up.

My response is "I have accidentally purchased a non-refundable rate from Hilton before and needed to cancel, Hilton said unfortunately even though I had made a mistake there was nothing they could do, I'd either need to show up for my reservation or lose the money I paid for it. I invite Hilton to hold itself to the same standard to which it holds its guests.

To do my part to help, I will offer to move from the timeshare units, which were offered both for sale and for points booking on Hilton's website, to regular hotel inventory at the rate which I booked."
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Received the email last night on a points booking. Bummer it didn't work out but oh well - this was about as low risk as you can get.

Points are already back in my HH account
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:14 am

I'm still about 5,900 short for points supposedly being returned to my account...this may end up being more of a headache as there is no way to track points that are placed back in the account.

EDIT: Well I was able to back-figure and it appears on one of my week reservations where I had 4 rooms booked, they only refunded me points for 1 room. Hopefully this is easy to clear up.

Last edited by bmrisko; Mar 29, 2015 at 6:30 am
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I always try one response to emails like this and then I give up.

My response is "I have accidentally purchased a non-refundable rate from Hilton before and needed to cancel, Hilton said unfortunately even though I had made a mistake there was nothing they could do, I'd either need to show up for my reservation or lose the money I paid for it. I invite Hilton to hold itself to the same standard to which it holds its guests.

To do my part to help, I will offer to move from the timeshare units, which were offered both for sale and for points booking on Hilton's website, to regular hotel inventory at the rate which I booked."
Has anyone ever taken you up on it?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:37 pm

I did not get any emails at all (checked spam as well) but my reservation are not there anymore on hilton's website and my points have been refunded.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by hc000
I did not get any emails at all (checked spam as well) but my reservation are not there anymore on hilton's website and my points have been refunded.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.