Search

Hilton Cabo King Premier Suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA
What are your dates?

We have the 5 nights August 7th - 12th

Watching to see if anything happens...
Those are my dates as well. Looks like a neat place. I can't wait!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA
What are your dates?

We have the 5 nights August 7th - 12th

Watching to see if anything happens...
July 17-19. I would imagine they will examine their HHonors Special (that is what it was listed as) before then.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Wyd Plat.
Originally Posted by AlmostJesus
July 17-19. I would imagine they will examine their HHonors Special (that is what it was listed as) before then.
Is the deal dead or am I just late to the party?

I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. Is it the Hilton Cabo San Lucas?

That is the one I'm looking at but all award availability is gone until
Aug and it is 40,000 points per night.

Does anybod have any advice how to find the rate you all have gotten?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieCollegeFlyer
Pretty much both. Sorry.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieCollegeFlyer

I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. Is it the Hilton Cabo San Lucas?

That is the one I'm looking at but all award availability is gone until
Aug and it is 40,000 points per night.

Does anybod have any advice how to find the rate you all have gotten?
It is not "dead" per se, since each day Hilton adds another day to the yearly calendar. So in 5 days, you could book the 5 days added to 2016.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by kristiank
I have the two weeks before you...guess one of the first stays.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kristiank
August 6-10 for me. So at least three of us are overlapping stays that weekend.

Does Hilton show how many of these suites are on the property?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by gobears293
August 6-10 for me. So at least three of us are overlapping stays that weekend.

Does Hilton show how many of these suites are on the property?
Must at least be 7 since someone said they had booked 7 rooms.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:02 pm

Must at least be 7 since someone said they had booked 7 rooms
Let's make some speculation: giving the fact that more or less 10 units were "on sale" each day from 15th july to 25th march, it makes around 2500 rooms. At about $3000/usd per night it means that this "deal" will generate more or less $7,500.000 in income loss ( I am not considering all the people like me who booked at 41 usd/night, but it will generate around $ 100.000, which is not relevant considering the total amount).
Personally I would be more than happy if they would choose a "democratic" solution by honouring not more than 1 reservation for each name showing under booking details. By doing this I speculate that they will recover at least 50-60% of the income loss and will make most of people really happy about this deal of a lifetime.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Cabo King Premier Suite

wait, I'm obligated to sit through a timeshare for this reservation?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by seris7
Let's make some speculation: giving the fact that more or less 10 units were "on sale" each day from 15th july to 25th march, it makes around 2500 rooms. At about $3000/usd per night it means that this "deal" will generate more or less $7,500.000 in income loss ( I am not considering all the people like me who booked at 41 usd/night, but it will generate around $ 100.000, which is not relevant considering the total amount).
Personally I would be more than happy if they would choose a "democratic" solution by honouring not more than 1 reservation for each name showing under booking details. By doing this I speculate that they will recover at least 50-60% of the income loss and will make most of people really happy about this deal of a lifetime.
I don't understand why people keep saying these rooms are $3k USD / night? I have seen this referenced in multiple locations - not just your post. I am curious what I am missing.

1) I checked many different days and could not find 1 example where you could even book this type of room on their web site (other than the points option) to see what the cash rate is.

2) The Governor Suite which is significantly larger (1274 vs 1095 sq feet) and also ocean front goes for $1200 / night.

3) The room listed on their web site for $3500 / night is a 2 bedroom suite - not at all what we booked.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:51 pm

I don't understand why people keep saying these rooms are $3k USD / night? I have seen this referenced in multiple locations - not just your post. I am curious what I am missing.

1) I checked many different days and could not find 1 example where you could even book this type of room on their web site (other than the points option) to see what the cash rate is.

2) The Governor Suite which is significantly larger (1274 vs 1095 sq feet) and also ocean front goes for $1200 / night.

3) The room listed on their web site for $3500 / night is a 2 bedroom suite - not at all what we booked.
Thanks for your reply, I remember that at the time of booking I selected the very last room at the bottom of the page, which actually is the 1 king 2 bedroom suite oceanfront which is actually priced at $ 3500 per night. The description doesn't specify the sqm of this room. I can click on this room and book it for the above rate with no issue...
My reservation is showing room type "King Premier Timeshare", I suppose it is the 1 king 2 bedrooms suite oceanfront, only other closer option being the 1 king 1 bedroom suite oceanfront, priced at $1200 per night.
Maybe other users can clarify this point if they properly remember what was the real room selection at the time of booking.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:04 pm

Even if this room is for sale at $3000 / night (which I also could not find anywhere) - that rate does not account for the large percentage of rooms that are filled at discounted rates, as upgrades, etc. In this case, it appears that these rooms were filled with Timeshare guests - which is typically very heavily discounted.

I was surprised today that there was no response at all from the hotel or from Hilton, until I realized that with the hotel currently closed they may be slow to respond. In my eyes, the longer they wait to respond, the less reasonable it is for them to cancel. If there is no response in the next couple of days, I will assume the reservation is valid and proceed to book my other travel plans.

Has anyone attempted to contact the hotel and/or Hilton? I don't necessarily suggest it, but if I had a reservation early in July I would want to start planning.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by seris7

You are forgetting that hotel rooms, like airline seats, are a perishable commodity. Your example only works if this property has a 100% occupancy rate all the time. The average is closer to 70-75%. The suites, at that price point are much more likely to be empty than a standard room.
It costs Hilton about $17 per day to have that room and clean it. I would argue that the 279 points are pretty meaningless to Hilton, so for this calculation, the room is free.
How many rooms were booked? 2,000? It will cost Hilton $34,000 in actual expenses, which some of which will be offset by incremental F&B income. I understand that the opportunity cost to Hilton is much higher, but we should not use that number.

So in the end, this is not that big of a deal to Hilton, other than substantial egg on their IT department
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:32 pm

Hi Deltaheater and thanks for your reply, I am not a native English speaker so maybe I have not used the proper words. I just wanted to say that their potential total loss, supposing they will have a theorical 100% occupation rate at $ 3500/night, would rose various millions. It's like the UA Danish first class mistake fare, supposing a various millions loss if they would have a 100% occupation on all flight booked at a mistake fare.
You stated that the expenses for Hilton would be around $ 35,000 and I agree with your calculation, I just tried to calculate the potential income loss which is another (difficult) and abstract calculation. Suppose 2000 rooms averaging $400/night makes a loss in incomes of $ 800,000 which is not financially irrelevant.
In any case I hope they will consider your point of view and will honour the deal, considering also the positive image they wil receive for their newly renovated hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.