Reload this Page >

Expedia brg tips and results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia brg tips and results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:59 am

Has anyone ever price matched expedia to itself?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Has anyone ever price matched expedia to itself?
what are you trying to say? that they lowered the price, if that's the case you should be approved right away if booking made within 24hours
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by deemkaa
what are you trying to say? that they lowered the price, if that's the case you should be approved right away if booking made within 24hours
Well....sorta, it's related to my travelocity trick, but that seems to have been fixed with this rejection.

We checked Travelocity.com and searched for the same reservation but it shows that the cancellation or change policy is different from the cancellation or change policy of your reservation on Expedia.com. Due to this, we are unable to process your price match request.

Based on Travelocity.com cancellation or change policy:

"Cancellations or changes made after 11:59 PM (Tonga Daylight Time) on November 11, 2014 or no-shows are subject to a hotel fee equal to 100% of the total amount paid for the reservation."

Based on Expedia.com cancellation or change policy:

- "Cancellations or changes made after 11:59 PM local hotel time, Tuesday, November 11, 2014 are subject to a hotel fee equal to 1 night(s) plus taxes and fees."

- "Cancellations or changes made after check-in are subject to a hotel fee equal to 100% of the total amount paid for the reservation."
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:42 am

Success x2! Took a lot of back and forth.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
In my opinion $50 coupon is not worth the hustle unless the price difference is very obvious which is rare.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:20 pm

So have they started calling all sites (cheapoair, booking etc) as "consolidator sites" now?

They keep denying my claims based on calling it a "consolidator site".

Whatever - simply cancel and rebook elsewhere but they are pathetic now.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:40 am

Had done a total of 4 matches in August and September for a stay through first 3 weeks of November. The 4th coupon could not credit was it would be the 4th creditted in December...... Not pleased.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:19 am

Has anyone been able to redeem coupons lately ?
When I get to the payment screen my coupons are not on display to choose. Just a box to add a coupon code.
I have three stored in my account, but unable to redeem !
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:17 am

Has anyone been able to do a BRG when you used a promotional code ($200 off 5 nights, for example) on the original hotel booking?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:19 pm

promo code

Originally Posted by michael_v
Has anyone been able to do a BRG when you used a promotional code ($200 off 5 nights, for example) on the original hotel booking?
I did a BRG a while ago and they said they could not include any promo codes (even if the promo code is open to anyone) when doing the price compare.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:30 pm

What happens if there's no reply to brg claim? It's been a week...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have a very generic questions but still:

Is it nowadays any worth the effort and time to do BRG´s?
I always book through hotel programs directly, but oftentimes compare also consolidators where I often find lower rates. I have never ever done a single BRG and since I joined FT I am reading a lot about it, but OTOH I see it is a lot of stress, effort and time with not-so-high success rate.
Or is it something easy when you learn to do it the right way?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:20 pm

You should only do it if the booking is refundable, so if they don't price-match you can simply cancel and rebook at the lower rate.

Never ever price match on nonrefundable rates because chances of being denied are very high.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by lordlucan
Has anyone been able to redeem coupons lately ?
When I get to the payment screen my coupons are not on display to choose. Just a box to add a coupon code.
I have three stored in my account, but unable to redeem !
The coupon will not display if the booking is for less than $100. This also applies to the old $50 BRG coupons that had no lower limit.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:04 pm

Has anyone been able to price match with Orbitz recently? planning to order a non refunable hotel in expedia with $3 difference, not sure is it worth to try BPG or just order the one with lower rate in Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.