Expedia brg tips and results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat

Hi I have searched this forum and I cant find a dedicated page with info regarding the expedia brg... can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers

cal
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Here's a thead you may find useful,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...dham-over.html

By and large, I've had good success with Expedia BRG. In the past I've praised them for handling the BRG process over the phone vs submitting a claim form over the Internet, waiting days for a response as well as hoping the lower rate is still viewable when the person reviewing the claim gets around to processing. However my past two BRGs took quite awhile over the phone due to language barriers and waiting for the CSR to get approval from their "support" desk. But in the end I still prefer handling claims over the phone. And Expedia BRG has the advantage that their $50 certificate is valid for a one night stay, unlike Travelocity who requires a two night minimum.

The best advice I can give is to know the BRG terms & conditions and have them readily available. If you feel your claim is legitimate but the CSR doesn't, ask them to point out in the T&Cs where your claim is invalid. This has been very beneficial to me on a few occasions where the CSR felt I didn't have a valid claim, for whatever reason.

Last edited by BEAV; Dec 20, 2009 at 1:00 pm
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Thanks BEAV

I did my first 2 expedia brgs today and it has left me feeling exhausted just short of 3 hours on the phone..Granted I got 2 $138 a night hotels for $68 and 2 $50 coupons banked but I never thought I would have to go into battle with agents who would try every stalling tactic and excuse not to agree the BRG ... Only when a supervisor was called for was the BRG granted . I have read other posts where some seem to get approved BRGs in 10 Mins... I like a challenge but today was testing to say the least

regards

cal
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xcalx
Thanks BEAV

I did my first 2 expedia brgs today and it has left me feeling exhausted just short of 3 hours on the phone..Granted I got 2 $138 a night hotels for $68 and 2 $50 coupons banked but I never thought I would have to go into battle with agents who would try every stalling tactic and excuse not to agree the BRG ... Only when a supervisor was called for was the BRG granted . I have read other posts where some seem to get approved BRGs in 10 Mins... I like a challenge but today was testing to say the least

regards

cal

My experience with Expedia is like yours. Rather an hour or more for one BRG case with all stacky flicky excuses.... My conclusion then was: It is a waste of time and I did no longer book with Expedia.

Further to that: They do not allow you to use your BRG vouchers for a new BRG booking case!
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:49 pm

My best successes with the Expedia brg is to call during normal working hours (i.e. before 7pm eastern time on weekdays). The people who answer at night or on the weekends appear to try to find ways to either stall or give reasons why they cant approve the BRG. The ones I have done in normal working hours are approved within minutes.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 4:25 pm

I've done 4 BRGs in the last few months. 2 were done normal weekday hours.(I don't know why that would make any difference, since the call center is in the PI.) All were a complete pain in the butt. Each was 45 - 60 mins. Their MO is to put you on hold 'till you hang up. IMO it just ain't worth it anymore. wj
Old Dec 20, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
My average is about 25 minutes for an Expedia BRG. Sometimes the 50 coupon comes in right away, but I am still waiting on one from last week, was told 7 - 10 business days. No idea why some are immediate, others there is a wait....
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:00 pm

www.bestrateguarantee.blogspot.com
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by redreeper
My average is about 25 minutes for an Expedia BRG. Sometimes the 50 coupon comes in right away, but I am still waiting on one from last week, was told 7 - 10 business days. No idea why some are immediate, others there is a wait....
Did you receive an email confirming the amount of your BRG refund? I've found the two seem to go hand in hand ... first comes the refund notice email along with the $50 coupon being deposited into my account.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by BEAV
Did you receive an email confirming the amount of your BRG refund? I've found the two seem to go hand in hand ... first comes the refund notice email along with the $50 coupon being deposited into my account.
Yes - I did. I received the email for the refund amount but still no coupon.

A question: I have 3 saved coupons in my account, could this be a factor? I remember something about a 3 coupon issue limit per month, the saved coupons were issued in November...in fact, they say "Oct" on them but were issued in Nov... has anyone had more than 3 saved coupons in their account at one time?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:35 am

Yes - I did. I received the email for the refund amount but still no coupon.

A question: I have 3 saved coupons in my account, could this be a factor? I remember something about a 3 coupon issue limit per month, the saved coupons were issued in November...in fact, they say "Oct" on them but were issued in Nov... has anyone had more than 3 saved coupons in their account at one time?
If you received 3 coupons in November that shouldn't affect your December BRG as the terms and conditions state no more than 3 coupons per calendar month.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 1:43 pm

Very true. So I called and they finally dropped the coupon. Add 18 minutes....
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:03 pm

Just a quick question. Hilton has a 50% off sale. Looking at Hilton KL for the night of 22/10/10

The Hilton site lists it as a Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus Room - $95.61 (inc free breakfast)
Expedia has:

Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus - $157
Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus (inc breakfast) - $175

Which would I book on Expedia to then be able to get the price guarantee?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by yarrowfell
Just a quick question. Hilton has a 50% off sale. Looking at Hilton KL for the night of 22/10/10

The Hilton site lists it as a Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus Room - $95.61 (inc free breakfast)
Expedia has:

Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus - $157
Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus (inc breakfast) - $175

Which would I book on Expedia to then be able to get the price guarantee?
Book the one with free breakfast on Expedia so the two will be the same incl. all amenities.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:47 pm

Similar experience here, not sure how you get to an hour on one BRG. Most of the time is spent waiting for agent to contact the "help desk" and coming back to check in every 3-4 minutes saying "just a few more minutes."

Best to throw on the bluetooth headset (or speakerphone) while on hold and browse FT while you wait .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.