Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by tboons
anyone has any views on advance availability for Radisson Blue Berlin?
Nice hotel, good breakfast, contact details checked most times I've stayed there (advance or at check in depending)
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:11 am

Would really appreciate any contacts for the family and friends rate.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Originally Posted by crunchy
Does anyone have experience with Radisson Blu Scandinavia - Gothenberg, Sweden? Wondering about questions at check-in and/or verification of employee name provided.
My parents stayed there last month on the f and f rate. There was no verification but as always ymmv.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Anyone have the link that was posted like 10 pages back that worked for booking? Even had the name.

No need to post the link, but maybe the post number? Can't find it
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by tboons
Would really appreciate any contacts for the family and friends rate.
Ditto -- me too! Would owe you guys one ^
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:33 am

2016 dates

Hello,

Any news regarding the next year?
Still wrote rate not offered in most of the hotels.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:31 am

Just checked and Park Plaza are loaded for next year. Still showing rate not offered for the Radisson and Park Inn properties, however. Her's hoping it'll load in the next week or two...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:52 pm

Anyone have a recent experience in Basel?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by teahan
Anyone have a recent experience in Basel?
They ask you for the employee name, but do no further checks.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:26 pm

U can find some of the employees on Linkined?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:40 pm

Is there a post with information on 2015 availability?

Want to see what's available in Tokyo in November but the search just gave me this entire thread.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by polemi
Recently stayed 3 nights at Blu in Manchester Airport and 3 nights in Liverpool.

No questions asked in Liverpool. Very good breakfast included.

At Manchester, check-in desk pointed out that breakfast was NOT included. I did not challenge at the time since I knew that I had written confirmation of inclusion. Checked back at reception later with different staff and breakfast inclusion was confirmed. Restaurant reception also knew (at both locations) that this was an inclusive rate.
Thanks for this... anyone else with recent experience in Liverpool pls?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:17 am

Any experiences with Radisson in Hamburg? And is there a friendly flyertalker working at Radisson who wants to be my friend?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I don't understand this. Never used this before. What constitutes a "friend" here actually?

I have a contact (sales rep) at one Radisson that I have used for corporate bookings, can I just use her name anywhere I go if I want to use the F&F rate?

I mean, strictly speaking, I would not call any business contact a "friend" unless they are truly my friends, i.e. I go out with them during my spare time. Then, if just a name is enough to qualify as F&F, it is all open to google and find one. But then what is the point of eligibility of the whole thing?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by FFlash
I don't understand this. Never used this before. What constitutes a "friend" here actually?

I have a contact (sales rep) at one Radisson that I have used for corporate bookings, can I just use her name anywhere I go if I want to use the F&F rate?

I mean, strictly speaking, I would not call any business contact a "friend" unless they are truly my friends, i.e. I go out with them during my spare time. Then, if just a name is enough to qualify as F&F, it is all open to google and find one. But then what is the point of eligibility of the whole thing?
If you would have read the thread, you would have your answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.