Left luggage at HKG - where?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Left luggage at HKG - where?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Silent Orange
Seems like a lot of hassle... the bus from TPE to city center alone takes quite a bit of time.
OP has more than enough time to arrive in Taipei city before lunch time and flying back after early dinner with plenty of time to spare.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Question for the experts...

I'll have 1 night in Hong Kong, probably stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. My flights arrive and depart around 8pm (a day minus 5 minutes).
For my day, I'm planning to get up, head over to the Peak Tram (maybe take the ferry across the bay, or on the return, is one better than the other?), explore the top, walk down, etc. Probably can't do much more in just a day, other than maybe browse shops, grab something to eat, etc. I figure I'd need to head back to the airport by 5 (flying CX business, have lounge access).

Luggage will be carry-on only (roller bag and backpack). Would I be better off leaving my luggage at the Hilton Garden Inn, then returning to get it, or using a locker at one of the stations? If a station which would you recommend?
Old May 3, 2018, 12:19 pm

Storage lockers are very rare in Hong Kong. I've seen them at a port or two, but not in MTR stations. If your gear wasn't carry-on I'd suggest checking in early at the Airport Express station.

Maybe leave the roller bag in storage (expensive) at the airport the night before, and just carry what you need for the day in your backpack.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by aztimm
Question for the experts...

I'll have 1 night in Hong Kong, probably stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. My flights arrive and depart around 8pm (a day minus 5 minutes).
For my day, I'm planning to get up, head over to the Peak Tram (maybe take the ferry across the bay, or on the return, is one better than the other?), explore the top, walk down, etc. Probably can't do much more in just a day, other than maybe browse shops, grab something to eat, etc. I figure I'd need to head back to the airport by 5 (flying CX business, have lounge access).

Luggage will be carry-on only (roller bag and backpack). Would I be better off leaving my luggage at the Hilton Garden Inn, then returning to get it, or using a locker at one of the stations? If a station which would you recommend?
Hi,

Here is a link to some potential storage locations ( dated Oct 2017)

https://www.tripsavvy.com/where-can-...g-kong-1535879

Hong kong station is probably the best.

In terms of the Star ferry, I probably preferred the view going from Kowloon to HK Island/Central but the seats on the ferry are reversible.

If taking the Peak Tram I would probably get there early as the queues can build up.

You can take a #15 bus from the bus stop close to the Star Ferry arrival point ( about 45mins to the Peak but can be longer in traffic)

Regards

TBS
aztimm likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:56 pm

The hotel isn't in the most convenient of locations. As you will be venturing to Hong Kong Island, I would take the MTR (Mong Kok Station) to Central Station in the morning (or perhaps cough up for a taxi), and go to the In-Town Check-in desks at the Airport Express Station in Central. Then check in, and perhaps put anything that you don't want to carry with you during the day to the Left Luggage room at the Station here (same floor as In-Town Check-in desks, metres away). When you're done for the day, go back to collect anything at the Left Luggage room and hop on the Airport Express.

The Airport Express Station in Central is a few minutes' walk to the Star Ferry to TST. The No. 15C bus from Ferry Pier 7/8 goes to the Lower Terminus of the Peak Tram. The No. 15 bus runs from Ferry Pier to The Peak (top) . So you could take the Star Ferry to TST, have wander around, see the Peninsula Hotel, and take the ferry back before hopping on a bus to the Tram/Peak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.