Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drop off laundry

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:07 am

If you prefer not to do it in Chungking Mansions for whatever reason, I remember there was one further up between Kimberley St (the one with all the Korean restaurants), and Granville St, if it's still there. A little further away, but a quick and short bus ride back to the IC via pretty much any bus going down to the Star Ferry.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by PotentialFlightRisk
2.50 HKD and the Star Ferry to Wan Chai?

Actually, that'd be a bit of a hike, depending on how much you like walking.
Do you have any idea how far the walk is from latest Wan Chai Star Ferry pier to Johnston and Hennessy in HK heat and humidity with a bag of laundry?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Do you have any idea how far the walk is from latest Wan Chai Star Ferry pier to Johnston and Hennessy in HK heat and humidity with a bag of laundry?
Yes, hence the facetious emoticon. It's quite a hike.

And in the heat/humidity of summertime HK, the 4.4 HKD speedy and air-conditioned MTR ride from TST to Wan Chai station is much more preferable.

Looking back, my Wan Chai laundry post was of minimal help to those living in TST.

But I do recall, being unable to read Chinese, having difficulty finding any laundry at all, so was just trying to be helpful.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
And in the heat/humidity of summertime HK, the 4.4 HKD speedy and air-conditioned MTR ride from TST to Wan Chai station is much more preferable.
On a point of pedantry, the MTR from TST to Wanchai will cost you HK$9.4 on Octopus, or HK$10 with a one-time ticket.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by christep
On a point of pedantry, the MTR from TST to Wanchai will cost you HK$9.4 on Octopus, or HK$10 with a one-time ticket.
Sorry, you're right. Had the Central to Wan Chai fare in my head.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Yes, hence the facetious emoticon. It's quite a hike.

Looking back, my Wan Chai laundry post was of minimal help to those living in TST.

But I do recall, being unable to read Chinese, having difficulty finding any laundry at all, so was just trying to be helpful.
Ummm, Walk from IC to TST MTR, transfer at Admiralty hopefully not at rush hour, walk from the bowels of Wan Chai platform to street level, walk from Johnston Rd exit to Johnston and Henessey, with a bag of laundry?

BTW Laundry services are cheaper in Shau Kei Wan.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Hi, we are going to be staying at the JW Marriott Hong Kong and I was looking at google maps and closest one appears to be vogue Laundry. However, their website indicates it's by item not by weight. Anyone know of any places near the JW Marriott? We'll be coming from a week in the Philippines so will have plenty to wash (last days are at a dive resort so expensive to do laundry in Philippines). Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by rmc1
Hi, we are going to be staying at the JW Marriott Hong Kong and I was looking at google maps and closest one appears to be vogue Laundry.
The two I use are in Wanchai, near Fleming and Novotel Lotus hotels. When you reach your hotel, ask conceriege and/or do a google or siri search. There should be one in the vicinity.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:31 pm

I used one behind the OZO Wesley Hotel.

The hotel is a couple hundred metres east of the Marriot on Queensway/Hennessey. Then up Anton street.

https://en.yelp.com.hk/biz/%E6%B8%85...A6%99%E6%B8%AF

Worked well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.