Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Best location & price for fake Rolexes in Hong Kong?

Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

Strange topic, I agree.... I am here in Hong Kong just off Nathan Road. Thinking it would be pretty cool to pick up a bunch of Rolexes cheap as gag gifts for friends and family. I've heard the quality is pretty good these days, especially if you locate watches that are motion wound, rather than battery.

Any input on where to buy and what typical asking/selling prices would be? Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Typically, evening now in HKG - if you are in Mong Kok/MTR Station area, head up Soy Street toward Ladies Market. Not sure about Temple Street's at night.

Beware that CBP could seize them upon re-entry to USA, except for one as personal use. Good luck !
Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:16 pm

If you are going to buy a whole bunch of fake Rolex watches, I would advise you to proceed with caution.

Buying one or even 2 fake Rolexes probably is no big deal, but if you buy a bunch. You should be very careful going through custom if you reside in the US.

If you claim the watches, it might get confiscated. It you do not report and the custom finds out, I heard it is a very hefty fine.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO
Thanks for the valuable info. Best price I could find was US$150, so I'm gonna skip the whole idea. I thought they were something like US$30, which makes for a little fun. Guess not.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Well, did you actually looked at their paper display or actual "samples" with the asking price, which is negotiable? Quality/workmanship #cough#cough of these fake ones varied widely - the ones they are offering were the "better" ones that look real to many where as the $30 USD specials (that you can probably find here on NYC's infamous Canal Street counterfeit corridor) are "obvious" fake when seen up close.

Even at $100 or $150 USD, they are offering them at a fraction or tiny percentage of the real McCoy. The base price for my DateJust II 41mm Steel & WG was just under $7,000 about 10 years ago before discount, etc. and the current ones, virtually unchanged is going for about $9,000 at retail/authorized agents. As others & I said, you certainly do NOT want to be carrying more than 1 or 2 returning to the US and risk being singled out for a secondary by CBP with them in your belongings, declared or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.