Outbound packages from HK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Outbound packages from HK

Hi,

I'm looking to try and find some agencies that do outbound packages from Hong Kong as these seem far cheaper than buying the components separately. Ideally they'll have decent websites in English, too!

So far I've looked at CXHolidays and the local Amex outlet (Farrington). Are there any more?

The list in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...=travel+agents was a bit too comprehensive!

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 am

Try zuji.com.hk and priceline.com.hk

The local agency chains also have good packages. The agents should be able to speak basic English. You can call them up directly or visit their offices throughout the city. The biggest ones in town include EGL, Hong Thai, Wing On, Miramar, and Expert Travel.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:30 am

Are you looking for Air + Hotel type "do it yourself" packages or tours with English speaking guides? Do you have specific destinations in mind?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yep - we want to go to Chiang Mai and also Kota Kinabalu. All we need is the flight and the hotel - I was just amazed to find that we could get the package for less than the cheapest Dragonair return flight HKG-CNX!

Because of ease of getting flights from the UK, it makes more sense to base ourselves out of HK, rather than trying to do a fancy open0jaw itinerary.

Zuji prices out a lot higher than CXHolidays btw...
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: NZ, QF
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Yep - we want to go to Chiang Mai and also Kota Kinabalu. All we need is the flight and the hotel - I was just amazed to find that we could get the package for less than the cheapest Dragonair return flight HKG-CNX!

Because of ease of getting flights from the UK, it makes more sense to base ourselves out of HK, rather than trying to do a fancy open0jaw itinerary.

Are you looking for something like the examples below? If yes, all agents mentioed by hkskyline should offer similar packages. Those agents target 'mass markets'. If you are looking for something more upmarket (like more luxurious hotels), SKY Travel (owned by Kuoni) and JetTour Holiday are reliable choices.

http://www.skytravel.com.hk/eng/holi...26053;行

Not an advertisement, just an example (!)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks all - it's mainstream stuff (although will be after business class flights to Borneo).

Of the sites posted by hkskyline, http://www.travelexpert.com.hk/en/ is the only one with English by the look of things.

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Jul 3, 2012 at 8:32 am
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:58 am

Some local travel agencies also offer air+hotel packages but they do not have an English web site. If you have friends in HK, perhaps they can make enquiry for you. Wing On, Hong Thai are two better known ones. Otherwise, CX Holiday and Farrington will be your best bet.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Some local travel agencies also offer air+hotel packages but they do not have an English web site. If you have friends in HK, perhaps they can make enquiry for you. Wing On, Hong Thai are two better known ones. Otherwise, CX Holiday and Farrington will be your best bet.
Thanks for that - must admit Expert Travel's prices seemed some way higher than CX or Farrington.

(Still amazed that I can get a flight to CNX and a couple of nights in a good hotel AND breakfast, for less than the cost of the HKG-CNX flight!)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
(Still amazed that I can get a flight to CNX and a couple of nights in a good hotel AND breakfast, for less than the cost of the HKG-CNX flight!)
It is amazing the deals that you can get with CXholidays. We used them a lot in the past and have always found them great value and well organised
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

If you are a family, those packages are not good option because they charge a lot for kids - even though some hotels don't charge for children. Also if you want any extra nights, you pay a lot for it.

We normally travel from HK when visiting there, and we found it cheaper to arrange the package ourselves because we can score points on flights and hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.