Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:20 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Bloomberg had an interesting article about the property... I had heard about the train station, but I didn't know FDR's railway car is still there!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ed-velvet-cake
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:40 pm

That is an excellent article! I've got a stay at the Waldorf-Astoria NY next month because we're driving through NY and wanted somewhere to stay. I got a surprisingly good Money + Points stay!

Also, my wife is going to LOVE this article when I show it to her
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Hilton Gold at Waldorf Astoria NYC

I presume Waldorf Astoria NYC honors the Fifth Night Free promotion for Hilton Gold Members.

What I don't understand is if you can pay for four nights in cash and receive the fifth night free?

Do you have to book all nights using Reward Points only?

I only have Hilton Gold Status via American Express Platinum hence I have no hilton points and want to pay cash.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:52 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by BNEpilot
I presume Waldorf Astoria NYC honors the Fifth Night Free promotion for Hilton Gold Members.

What I don't understand is if you can pay for four nights in cash and receive the fifth night free?

Do you have to book all nights using Reward Points only?

I only have Hilton Gold Status via American Express Platinum hence I have no hilton points and want to pay cash.
It is not a "fifth night free promotion".

The "fifth reward night free" is a status benefit.

So no, you don't get it on paid nights and yes all nights have to be booked with points.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Thanks for the answer D: cheers
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Read the reviews before booking this property.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:21 pm

If you have any of signature visa, Amex platinum, or whatever the fancy MasterCard is, or a citi prestige card, the WA New York should be available in the fine hotels and resorts, etc. and will offer additional benefits and may offer one night free for your stay. If the citi prestige, you could use their 4th free benefit.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Any recent stays? I was considering staying for a few nights before it closes for renovation. Prices are quite low, or maybe end of November is low season?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Any recent stays? I was considering staying for a few nights before it closes for renovation. Prices are quite low, or maybe end of November is low season?
Thanksgiving week? I've seen/had some pretty cheap rates across many NY hotels that week in previous years.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Yes, that's right. Even Suites have good prices. Is SIGNATURE SUITE - ONE BEDROOM - ONE KING BED worth the extra? I stayed in Towers previously, so I'm afraid that standard Superior room without any upgrade could be a bit disappointing.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Oct 12, 2016 at 7:21 am
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:40 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Risk of multiple posting, but hopefully can be excused... Delete if not appropriate.

5000 bonus points for Conrads and WA:s...
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...6MULTIBR7EN8i1
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by TTL
Risk of multiple posting, but hopefully can be excused... Delete if not appropriate.

5000 bonus points for Conrads and WA:s...
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...6MULTIBR7EN8i1
Thanks for that
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Yes, that's right. Even Suites have good prices. Is SIGNATURE SUITE - ONE BEDROOM - ONE KING BED worth the extra? I stayed in Towers previously, so I'm afraid that standard Superior room without any upgrade good be a bit disappointing.
The signature suites are the "H" and "R" suites on the corners of the front of the building overlooking Park Avenue. They are spacious and often are a really good value at the paid rate for NYC. I would recommend this if you are used to Towers rooms.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Unfortunately disappointed with the stay. When I checked in, I was told that no upgrades were available (booked a Superior Guestroom, but when I was in the Uber en route to the hotel... and after our exchange... looked via the app and found multiple different, "luxury guestrooms" and suites bookable). Despite not being upgraded in any form, I was told that the information at http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html "did not apply" at the WA NYC, and I was not eligible for the free movie (to benefit my daughter) or the spa discount (to benefit the wife). I did get the two beverage tickets and the right to take two 8 ounce bottles of water from the mini bar per day. The first night, the air conditioning sounded like there was a mini jackhammer inside, preventing my wife or myself from sleeping (my 3 year old slept, thankfully). When I called the next morning, they said someone would come fix it, but it did the same thing last night. When I asked at check-in for a late check out (flight at 630pm from LGA), I was told that they could do 1pm but to call today for an additional extension; when I called, I was told that none was available due to being at capacity tonight. I called the bellhop for help with the bags who accompanied us to the motor lobby but said that he could not go with me to the front desk for check out, preventing me from discussing the above with any staff at departure. He did tell me that all staff are being given severance packages due to the Anbang purchase and accommodated in other hotels. Both bellmen (coming and going) were quite nice, but otherwise, I can't recommend this property if you expect to be treated any differently as a Diamond than an off-the-street member (other than the 1pm check out, I guess).
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:16 pm

New York WA and Towers- Consecutive Stay

It appears that the Waldorf Astoria in NY and the Waldorf Astoria Towers are considered 2 separate properties although located in the same building. I have an upcoming 2 night stay in the Towers (taking advantage of the short lived Visa Signature promotion of Buy One night Get One free). I am now needing to add on an extra night and the Towers rates are out of my price range however I can book a room in the regular hotel for a rate that I am able to pay. I am fine with moving rooms but my question is if the 2 "stays" will be merged into 1 stay as the exact terms of the Visa Signature promotion state that the last night of the stay will be the stay that will be credited at check out (in this case $700/night at the Towers and $285 for the night. If this is the case I will likely move down the street. Any experience with consecutive stays at these properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.