Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 5:47 am

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
It's Amex's reward not Hilton's

Originally Posted by gbryan84
Do you think reward benefits like this will go away once Blackstone takes over or is this somthing that is soley on AMEX?
Of course, AMEX has to buy them from Hilton, But why should Hilton stop selling AMEX nights as well as points if it is profitable for them to do so?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: UA, DL
Question reserve with insufficient point balance?

I've read the thread in its entirety and saw mentioned (rather early on) that ppl were successful in reserving an AXON award even when they did not have enough HH points in their account at the point of making the res. is this still possible? if so how do I go about it? call AMEX? call HH? I am only HH gold if that makes a difference.

thanks
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Question anybody?

Originally Posted by germansoks
I've read the thread in its entirety and saw mentioned (rather early on) that ppl were successful in reserving an AXON award even when they did not have enough HH points in their account at the point of making the res. is this still possible? if so how do I go about it? call AMEX? call HH? I am only HH gold if that makes a difference.

thanks
anybody got an answer?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 5:44 am

Programs: HH-Diamond
Just call HiltonHHonors and ask them to book your 4 night room reservation as an AXON award and tell them that you will book the certificate later. I booked two last fall without the points in my account and just recently had the certificates issued. For the last step, call the AXON number and provide the reservation confirmation number so that the award confirmation number can be linked to it. It is very easy and the CSR should be able to help you if you have any questions.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by germansoks

thanks
Book the four nights yourself as a STANDARD reward but do not request a certificate. Then, when you have the 125,000 points in you account, request an AXON certificate for the four nights that you have booked
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I was told my reservation at the Conrad Chicago was a Diamond force so my sister and brother-in-law showing up without me would not work. (I had put the room in his and my name but AXON in mine), however Diamond desk suggested putting them in the Embassy Lakeside (one block away and a property I like) where I was able to put both the room and AXON in their names.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:53 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Book the four nights yourself as a STANDARD reward but do not request a certificate. Then, when you have the 125,000 points in you account, request an AXON certificate for the four nights that you have booked
I was trying to book a stay last night using an AXON and at the end she went to issue the certificate and I said I would issue it later and she said that they now require the points to be in the account and the certificate issued at the time of booking. I got the impression this was a new HHonors rule for award bookings, is it in fact just a rule for AXON bookings?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
I was trying to book a stay last night using an AXON and at the end she went to issue the certificate and I said I would issue it later and she said that they now require the points to be in the account and the certificate issued at the time of booking. I got the impression this was a new HHonors rule for award bookings, is it in fact just a rule for AXON bookings?

I'm not sure about the current rules for AXON awards since I haven't used one in a year. I do know they remove the points from your account at the time you make other award reservations.

Bobette
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by b1513
I'm not sure about the current rules for AXON awards since I haven't used one in a year. I do know they remove the points from your account at the time you make other award reservations.
I know they always liked to do this in the past, but you could just tell them you didn't have enough points yet and they would still make the reservation for you. I'm just not sure if:

1) This rule is for AXON only;
2) This is a new HHonors rule for all awards; or
3) The agent I was working with was incorrect.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Beckles
I know they always liked to do this in the past, but you could just tell them you didn't have enough points yet and they would still make the reservation for you. I'm just not sure if:

1) This rule is for AXON only;
2) This is a new HHonors rule for all awards; or
3) The agent I was working with was incorrect.
2. This is a new HH rule for all award bookings.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
2. This is a new HH rule for all award bookings.
Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:50 pm

Splittin AXON or GLON?

Originally Posted by omegadeal
Officially the answer is no, but some GMs have been nice enough to split up awards in the past. I've known of people splitting a GLON into two rooms for three nights, but haven't seen the combination you are looking for.

I'm not aware of any three night awards other than the standard awards or the Q3FN certificates which are good for one night each.
How would go about trying to split an AXON or GLON award? I'm most likely to want to see if I could use a 4-night AXON for 2 rooms for 2 nights.

Would I try to do this through the hotel, or the number that I call to redeem and AXON?
Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
How would go about trying to split an AXON or GLON award? I'm most likely to want to see if I could use a 4-night AXON for 2 rooms for 2 nights.

Would I try to do this through the hotel, or the number that I call to redeem and AXON?
Thanks
The question was already answered in the post you quoted. @:-)

Originally Posted by omegadeal
...some GMs have been nice enough to split up awards in the past. ...
"GM" refers to the General Manager of the individual hotel, in case you didn't understand that bit. An AMEX or HHonors CSR is much less likely than a hotel manager to be able to accommodate such special requests, from what I've read on this forum at least. But when it comes to such oddball requests, there are no guarantees that you will get what you want even from the hotel itself.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:29 am

Thanks Kathy. I was not sure what GM referred to, but now I know.

So I would email or call the GM first to see if they would let me split the AXON first and make the reservation directly with them, and then call to redeem the award?

What is the best way to get in touch the GM?

Thanks again
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Thanks Kathy. I was not sure what GM referred to, but now I know.

So I would email or call the GM first to see if they would let me split the AXON first and make the reservation directly with them, and then call to redeem the award?

What is the best way to get in touch the GM?

Thanks again
I not sure you are going to be successful in what you are trying to do.

The only time I have able to "split" a HH award was on a GLON when I got a Front Desk manager to allow me to stay three nights in his property, spend three nights elsewhere and return for the remaining three nights of the award.
This arrangement was requested and granted at check-in.

I strongly suggest if you want to attempt something like this you attempt it only at the local level ie when you have arrived at the property in question.
I seriously doubt any GM or any manager will confirm to you in writing (and I certainly would want such at least in an email) what is clearly a contravention of the HH program rules.

I would think assigning an AXON to two separate rooms would involve some logistic problems... this with a program/personnell who has difficulty even putting ones rental car partner on the folio.
mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.