Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 5:37 pm

There was certainly extraordinary demand for the pointstretchers available during that period. I think some of us gobbled them up with extraordinary speed!
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:49 pm

Has anyone else noticed that this reservation is no longer viewable on hilton.com??? A message comes up to contact the internet helpdesk.

Is anyone else getting this message?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
Has anyone else noticed that this reservation is no longer viewable on hilton.com??? A message comes up to contact the internet helpdesk.

Is anyone else getting this message?

My reservations are viewable under "My Travel Planner."
Old Feb 1, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HH Diamond SWA Hertz Gold
Mine's still there! Very interested in hearing if anyone has stayed yet since they've re-opened.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:26 pm

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa Trip Reports and Reviews

Just did a 6 night award stay here as a Gold. Not sure how I was able to get award availability at the end of January/beginning of February but I did. I booked the award stay sometime in December. Rates during this week started at $400 Canadian + 17% tax and the hotel was extremely full. We got 2 feet of snow the night of our arrival, and January 2006 turned out to be the heaviest month of snowfall in the history of the resort.

The available room types are listed on the following webpage.
http://www.hiltonwhistler.com/accomodations/

The hotel was extremely full during this past week and I believe some rooms are still being renovated. I checked availability in the weeks before my trip both online and over the phone, and there were no rooms available. That lead me to believe that there was a good chance that I would be stuck in a regular Hilton room for 6 nights, which I did not want to happen.

I spoke with the reservations at the resort itself to try to secure an upgrade as gold, and was told that they could be guaranteed with a $100/night + tax fee, and they would put me in a "Deluxe Studio Suite" - two levels up from the basic room - which consisted of king bed, queen sofa bed, kitchen (no oven, but 2 burners, microwave, dishwasher, large-but not full size-fridge/freezer, tons of nice utensils), bathroom with sink, separate sink outside bathroom, large storage closet (for skis and gear), "breakfast bar", balcony, & woodburning fireplace. I did not want to take any chance of getting a plain room, so I opted for the guaranteed upgrade -- the $100 (Canadian) seems to be the price differential between the standard room and the deluxe studio suite per night.

Everything was brand new and of high quality. The kitchen utensils looked as if they had never been used. Furniture, faucets, everything was spotless, showing no signs of wear. Bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in at a hotel, having a down pillowtop matress and multiple down comforters and pillows. The room was very spacious as you can see from the square footage numbers on the provided link. Also ended up with a balcony view of both whistler and blackcomb mtns. Staff and concierge were attentive and helpful.

I arranged with only a couple days notice to have my lift tickets ready for me at check in. They were added to the folio so I received points for them ($335 each). I'm not sure if you can do this with ski rentals too, but it's worth a shot. If not, rent from summit rentals www.summitsport.com/hilton in advance. It is litterally on the grounds of the Hilton and on your way when you walk to the lifts. You drop your skis and poles off there after you are done and pick them up in the morning. Very convenient.

I received 2 breakfast vouchers for each morning of my stay for use at the Cinnamon Bear Restaurant & Bar (12 total), which allowed you access to the full buffet. The buffet cost $10 per person without vouchers. Everyday items included cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cuts, fruits, salmon, eggs benedict, hash browns, juices, coffee. There was also 1 rotating hot item per day (waffles, breakfast burritos, pancakes). The restaurant is located in the lobby and turns into a decent bar at night, with pool tables. Also had biscotti and note from the manager waiting in my room upon arrival.

I was not charged the $25 per day resort fee (supposedly covering bottled water and the new firelogs that were placed there every day) for my award stay.

The location is quite possibly the best of any hotel. The walk from the lobby, past art galleries, through Summit Rentals and to the lifts (to both Whistler & Blackcomb) litterally takes 3-5 min.

The $20 per day underground parking is convenient if you are going to be using your car or are expecting heavy snow. Lot 4 is not that far of a walk through the village for free overnight parking. The Hilton staff will even give you a ride in their van to lot 4 to retrieve your car. Also, check out Nester's market for good deals on gourmet food, especially fresh local shellfish/fish, meats, and produce. Link: http://www.nestersmarket.com/whistler.cfm
Old Feb 6, 2006, 6:26 pm
In Memoriam

Nice report, good information, thanks for taking the time to put it all down.

These little reports ain't as easy as they look.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:11 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HH Diamond SWA Hertz Gold
Thanks for the great report! We will be there in 12 days on an AXON award stay for 4 nights with 1 paid night, so greatly appreciate the update on the resort.

Did you arrange your lift ticket through the conceirge or through whistlerblackcomb.com? Would like to make sure they are added to my folio for points purposes.

Also, did you arrange any other activities prior to your arrival or did they seem to be available upon arrival. ie. Dogsledding and snowmobiling.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:21 am

Thanks from me too!

Also thanks from me! I am going to stay on a six night award in March and appreciate the info. A couple of questions ...

Lot 4 - whereabouts is it please? I didn't think there was free overnight parking in Whistler, it would be great to save the money - especially as my other half claims he'll be happy to shovel us out in need! I am not sure he has seen what the snow can be like in Canada ... but I'll help

Ski storage - do you happen to know if overnight storage at Summit Sport is OK with your own skis too, or only rentals?

Lift pass - same question as the other poster - did you arrange them with the hotel via email or telephone? Did you have to send photos?

Outdoor Jacuzzi - did you try it out?

Wireless - did you see if it was available?

It would be nice to hear what their upgrade policy is, if someone gets the chance to test it. Having spent a few ski holidays in chalets in the Alps, small rooms are not a problem as I don't spend much time in them - but it would be nice nevertheless. I'm Diamond and I will be testing it!

decemmie

Looking forward to writing my own trip report

decemmie
Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:04 am

Booked lift tickets through conceirge. Got them for the same discounted rate as listed on whistlerblackcomb.com ($332 for 5 days + tax). I did not book any other activities so I do not know if they can be also added to the folio. But I am sure the conceirge can arrange any activity for you. The hotel's 800 number is 1-800-515-4050.

Lot 4 is located a couple lots down from lot 2 on blackcomb way. The map found in this link will help you, even though lot 4 is not listed. It says at the lot that you are limited to 3 days of consecutive overnight parking but I highly doubt that is enforced. The lot was largely empty and it appeared that some cars had been there for a while. I had it there for 3 days.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cont...ywsvrhf,map,21

I am guessing that for a fee you could also store your own skiis at Summit. Even if you rented the boots from them, they charged $5 a day to store boots. I passed.

Jacuzzi, I did not try out. The resort did have a nice workout facility and sauna.

Wireless, did not ask about.

The hotel seems to be very receptive to Hilton elites (from the breakfast coupons available upon arrival, welcome gift, etc) so I think the upgrades might be in your favor depending on availablity. It looks like though that the hotel caters to large groups (there were many Asian tour groups at the hotel, in addition to a IBEW union from NYC of about 75 people), so major groups like that might put a cramp on availability.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Have a reward reservation there next week, and rang up to ask about the room. (I'm travelling with my son and wanted to confirm two beds).

Apparently I've been upgraded to a Hilton Deluxe Studio which sounds rather grand. Nice upgrade for starters.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:29 am

Hilton Whistler trip report (lite)

Hi,

I just returned from a week stay at the Hilton in Whistler and thought a few summary points would be appreciated. Happy to answer any questions also - just don't have time to write out a flowery report

As a Diamond, I booked the cheapest possible room and crossed my fingers for an upgrade.

I received an email from the concierge a few days before travel asking if they could help with anything. I requested lift tickets through the concierge and they were handled smoothly and added to my room bill. I also asked about an upgrade and was told it was subject to availability but I could confirm an upgrade by paying an extra fee ahead of time - this I declined.

We arrived Saturday morning early (9:00 am) and went to ask when we could check in. I was told that my upgraded room was already available, and I had been upgraded from the base room to a deluxe studio. We raced up there and were pleased to find a lovely room.

- Generously sized room with a fireplace
- Lovely king bed with feather mattress, down duvet and feather pillows
- Kitchen area with granite countertop, big fridge and dishwasher
- Jacuzzi in the bathroom
- Views of the mountains (subject to weather!)
- Two bottles of water per day, often with a Hersheys Kiss alongside (cute!)
- Two firelogs and a firmly worded note saying that guests would only be given these two logs and responsible for buying their own if they wanted any more ... but after we used one, the cleaners replaced it

As a Diamond, the resort fee was reduced from £25 a day to £12.50 a day. I was told this as we checked in and it was a welcome surprise.

We received 2 x breakfast vouchers for continental breakfast per night of stay when we checked in. We were offered the upgrade to the full buffet for $6 per person every morning, and occasionally did so after having a look. The hot buffet had some standard items (bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, eggs benedict) and a rotating "hot item of the day". The cold buffet had nice but limited fruit (melon & pineapple plus a fruit bowl), croissants, muffins, bagels, toast etc. We had to sign a slip for the full value of the breakfast every day, and an additional separate slip on the days we upgraded. The vouchers cancelled the non-upgrade slips out and they didn't show on the final bill.

We had an invite under the door to attend an Oscar party in the hotel bar as the Oscars were on during our stay. However as we hadn't brought any glamorous clothes with us, we skipped it.

The Summit Ski shop which was in the same complex gave us 10% off everything we ordered as we were hotel guests. I think they also offer 20% off if you book ahead on their web site, but we weren't that organised. They also offered to charge things to the room rather than bill us there and then. They did a great hand wax on my skis for $18 overnight. You could also store your skis there overnight and your shoes there during the day free of charge as a Hilton guest - however I don't think the hotel staff were being very upfront about telling guests that as I saw a LOT of guests trucking their skis through the lobby, dripping snow everywhere and generally being murder on the wallpaper etc.

Hmmm what else. There was a heated outdoor pool and a hot tub, just outside the bar area. I didn't actually see ANYONE using it and would have loved to have been the first but managed to forget a swimsuit and was generally too busy/knackered to organise finding one.

The fireplace was a nice touch but the firelogs threw out zero heat and made the room smell smoky so we only used it once.

Think that's about all!

decemmie
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UA 1P, CO Elite
Thanks for the report. How was the snow? So on your check out ...did you get hilton points for you lift tickets?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:57 am

Hi,

Snow was completely different from the high resorts in Europe! The temperatures were constantly hovering just above melting so the snow was a little sticky - but there was a TON of it! It just kept falling - so heavy on a couple of days that we had to stop every ten minutes to wipe our goggles. Nothing like a big clump of flakes blocking your field of vision to cause a hiccup in the turns!

And yes - I got Hilton points on my lift tickets. It was pretty nice - I seem to have gotten 17k points for this award stay, with various bonuses etc.

decemmie
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Whistler over American Thanksgiving...room upgrade possibility???

I just made reservations for 4 nights over the American Thanksgiving holiday this year at the Hilton in Whistler Village and was wondering if anyone has had any luck at that time getting a room upgrade (I'm Gold status). Also...I made 3 other room reservations for people joining us. Is it possible for them to also get a room upgrade since I made the reservation? (no...I won't be paying for the other three rooms, but the hotel doesn't know that until checkout)
Old Jul 21, 2006, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by ajcopley
I just made reservations for 4 nights over the American Thanksgiving holiday this year at the Hilton in Whistler Village and was
It should be a quiet time of the year; autumnal monsoon would have started making the place wet and misty and snow pack at that time is unlikely to permit any skiing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.