Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Standard Room Awards now capacity controlled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Just searched for standard room awards at some Hilton hotels in China on weekends:
Doubletree Hangzhou East
Doubletree Wuxi
Doubletree Suzhou
Doubletree Ningbo Beilun
Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo

None of the properties listed above had standard awards available on weekends despite selling standard rooms for cash. The diamond desk said that since March, hotels are no longer required to make every standard room available, and that hotels can control the number of award rooms based on demand. Is this true? Has anyone else noticed this trend? I thought every standard room should be available on points per the terms and conditions.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I ran into this with a Homewood Suites recently where they had standard rooms to book for cash but you could get only premium rooms with points. I didn't call about it thinking it was an IT glitch. If it's a new policy then that's disappointing to say the least.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

I hope the agent was misinformed, but if this is actually the new policy of Hilton Honors, this is a significant stealth devaluation of the programme

@HonorsRepresentative: Could you confirm if this is correct please?
Old May 17, 2017, 2:49 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

This is not correct. Hotels that have standard rooms available for a paid rate must also make those rooms available for standard rewards. We're looking into the cases highlighted in the original post and will follow-up once resolved.

Thanks,
Lauren
JDiver and ptownca like this.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

This is not correct. Hotels that have standard rooms available for a paid rate must also make those rooms available for standard rewards. We're looking into the cases highlighted in the original post and will follow-up once resolved.

Thanks,
Lauren
@HonorsRepresentative: Thank you for the information and reassurance! I hope the reward inventory issues at the properties listed by the OP can be solved soon.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:12 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Hi all,

Thanks,
Lauren
Please do let us know, I'm about ready to jump from SPG specifically to enjoy the wealth of HH hotels, but if there are blocks it will be a no go.

Still waiting for my Platinum match and ready to try HH for the first time as a Diamond
Old May 19, 2017, 11:51 am

Are you doing an one night flex search? I think some hotels have minimum stay of 2 nights on the weekends. When I did a one night search on the first hotel you listed, all the Fridays and Saturdays are "x" out. But when I did a 2 nights search, most of them are available for 10K/night.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:51 pm

@HonorsRepresentative: Same issue with Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia (standard room available if you want to book a revenue rate, but not if you want to book a reward).
Old May 26, 2017, 9:17 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by paul00
@HonorsRepresentative: Same issue with Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia (standard room available if you want to book a revenue rate, but not if you want to book a reward).
Thanks for flagging, paul00.

Lauren
Old May 27, 2017, 10:57 pm

Hilton serious irregularities

Thanks for flagging, paul00.

Lauren
Hilton

The same trend is Most definitely avowedly found with:
1) Hilton Madina Saudi Arabia, viz; whilst Summer Sale is on Presently, we are not given benefits of sale when we want to book after the fasting month Ramadan from 26/6 onwards, NO discount of 25% etc...
And the same issue presently that despite Standard rooms being available, either they Don't allow points bookings or that points amounts needed are Very Very High , example of the fasting month of Ramadan especially from 15/6 till 25/6, pls check personally to understand above, and email me if any clarification needed re my above Serious complaints.
2) Hilton Towers Makkah and Hilton Hotel Makkah:
Points bookings are Very Very High for bookings in Ramadan Fasting month from 28/5 till 25/6, Especially from 15/6 to 25/6 wherein points bookings exceed Half a Million.

I Strongly believe that these above practices need to be rectified Immediately as per policies and rules of Hilton Honors, we are Diamond members for many years but cannot benefit from the program due to the above.

Your Prompt Immediate Investigation and feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly in advance

Your response with regards to way forward for us will be very greatly appreciated by All of us who want to book ASAP, What do we do now in order for us to book immediately???

Last edited by M.Hashim; Jun 7, 2017 at 8:29 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors
Same situation

I had the same situation when looking to book at a Hampton Inn in Pennsylvania. Even more annoyingly, when I was searching for hotels using points, this HI came up on the matrix and listed 30K points. When I went to reserve the room, the screen said the points only rooms were sold out but I could book a room for cash.

I figured this was an IT glitch and posed the question through Chat while on the website. The Chat operator checked and said all the award rooms were sold out. I called the Diamond Desk and that agent as able to book using my points. n
Old May 30, 2017, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Has anyone ever found standard points rooms at the Waldorf Amsterdam? I searched through dates throughout this summer (mostly June) and couldn't find anything. Looks like "normal" cash rooms are available here and there through June.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I was able to secure a standard room for four nights last year using points. However, I believe they only have 1-2 standard rooms; the property is not that large. It's very difficult to find unless you book one year out when the inventory literally becomes available.

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Has anyone ever found standard points rooms at the Waldorf Amsterdam? I searched through dates throughout this summer (mostly June) and couldn't find anything. Looks like "normal" cash rooms are available here and there through June.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
As noted by fozziedoggie, the property has a limited number of rooms. If you look at the thread for the property you will see that others have been able to book reward rooms but usually only when they first come available or by watching like a hawk for other times. By searching for one night, I currently see King Superior rooms available for reward bookings (95,000) from the 21MAY2018 - 29MAY2018 and May 15 - 16, 2018. I did not search other dates.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:58 pm

I am trying to book the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area, 3333 East Busch Boulevard, Tampa, Florida hotel with points but there is no availability with points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.