Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can't find reward nights available or cash/points at Homewood

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

What am I missing? I'm looking at a few hotels like Homewood suites in Anaheim for various dates for the next year. When I'm logged in, there are no nights available to use points, but I can book cash. When I log out, it shows me the point values per night. I have 2 standard nights booked for cash and when I try to log in to see upgrade options, it says there's no options.

This is my first time trying to use hilton points. I thought there were no blackout dates? I currently only have a few thousand points in my account and waiting for many more to post. Is this the problem? Do you have to have enough points already in your account in order to see how much it is to use points/cash or upgrades? How is one supposed to know how many points to transfer if you can't see how many you need?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by jperiod
What am I missing? I'm looking at a few hotels like Homewood suites in Anaheim for various dates for the next year. When I'm logged in, there are no nights available to use points, but I can book cash. When I log out, it shows me the point values per night. I have 2 standard nights booked for cash and when I try to log in to see upgrade options, it says there's no options.

This is my first time trying to use hilton points. I thought there were no blackout dates? I currently only have a few thousand points in my account and waiting for many more to post. Is this the problem? Do you have to have enough points already in your account in order to see how much it is to use points/cash or upgrades? How is one supposed to know how many points to transfer if you can't see how many you need?
Because you do not have enough points in your account to book an award room, the search will turn up with no availability for you. Do a search without logging in to see if there is reward availability.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Is there a way to see cash & point awards or premium room upgrade values without having enough points yet?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Is there a way to see cash & point awards or premium room upgrade values without having enough points yet?
As travelinfoo said, don't sign into your account. If you check the box for "use flexible dates" you can then further refine your search for points and money rewards only.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As travelinfoo said, don't sign into your account. If you check the box for "use flexible dates" you can then further refine your search for points and money rewards only.
I don't see it. It only shows strictly point values (or strictly cash) for a night. No indication for upgrades or points&cash awards. I'll try calling and see if the rep can tell me if they're available and how much.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I did a search using a random set of days in February and the only hotels in the area that I see Points and cash offers for are a Homewood near John Wayne airport and a HGI near Orange County airport.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I don't see it. It only shows strictly point values (or strictly cash) for a night. No indication for upgrades or points&cash awards. I'll try calling and see if the rep can tell me if they're available and how much.
Not all hotels offer points + cash rates.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
After you have done your initial search by city, at the top left of the results you can select another radio button and further restrict by points and money.
Or, after doing your initial search for flexible dates you can select the Homewood and then you will receive a two week listing of rates, there is a drop down list on the right you can use to select points and money rates.

I just checked the Anaheim Homewood and did not see any P + M rates available for the next month or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.