Search

Hilton Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Arrow Hilton Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

I didn't see this posted, from the Hilton site: Cat 6

The hotel is located nine miles from the Honolulu Airport and is just blocks away from the Honolulu Zoo, the Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park and the famous Waikiki Beach. It is also convenient to the Bishop Museum, Iolani Palace, USS Arizona Memorial and many other Honolulu attractions. A full service hotel with 37 floors and 601 rooms. Deluxe hotel with spacious rooms and suites featuring spectacular views of the ocean and mountains. Accommodations at the hotel present such welcome amenities as a 42'' Plasma Television, High Speed Internet Access, work areas, refrigerators, coffee makers with complimentary coffee, 2 telephones with dataports and voice mail, hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Guests at the hotel can enjoy an outdoor swimming pool with a spacious sundeck and jacuzzi. Other amenities included are a complimentary fitness center and business center open 24 hours a day as well as a concierge lounge, tour desks and covered parking. The hotel is also equipped with a 24 hour restaurant and a new lobby bar which offers delicious pupus (Hawaiian appetizers) and exotic cocktails. The hotel is an ideal location for meetings and social events for up to 550 people, which features superb conference and banquet facilities equipped with the latest technology.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
ex-Radisson

More HH hotels in Hawaii is always great news. Looks like this one was a Radisson:

http://www.princekuhiohotel.com/

Anyone ever stayed there before?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:12 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Is this the hotel with the Denny's on the ground floor ?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
So Hilton will have four hotels in Waikiki (this including the new Wyland Doubletree)! That's double the amount of hotels, plus the Grand Wailea and the Kauai Hilton.

Ah, just in time to compete with Starwood. ^
Originally Posted by Travel The World
Is this the hotel with the Denny's on the ground floor ?
If it's the Radisson you're talking about, it does not have a Denny's on the ground floor.

Last edited by slippahs; Jul 27, 2006 at 1:36 am
Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:09 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
I hope the Hilton is planning to renovate the hotel. I was there for a conference last year and it had become run down. I remember years ago when it was just the Prince Kuhio hotel and we used to go the buffet restaurant (Trellises) for family celebrations.

TF
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:05 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by slippahs
So Hilton will have four hotels in Waikiki (this including the new Wyland Doubletree)! That's double the amount of hotels, plus the Grand Wailea and the Kauai Hilton.

Ah, just in time to compete with Starwood.

Don't forget the Embassy Suites, that was being built when I was there a few months ago. Near the Royal Hawaiian shopping centre, not beach front but very close, directly opposite the Denny's and a Starbuck's .... what more could you ask for.

That will be 5 Hilton properties in Waikiki !!
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:29 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I stayed at the (then-Radisson) Prince Kuhio in March of 2005, booked through Hotwire at $69/night. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the my room (like I often do), but here's a picture from the balcony: Prince Kuhio balcony

Also, I don't remember many specific details about the property, but I remember the parking garage was very awkward to use. I agree that Hilton would have needed to renew the place, because my impression of it was pretty mediocre.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even before Radisson, it was (and perhaps first opened as) an Outrigger property...the Outrigger Prince Kuhio. We used to have a corporate contract with this Outrigger hotel for about 10 years and I had stayed there many, many times over that period.

It was sort of a flagship property for Outrigger because at that time it was their only property with full Banquet and Ballroom services, and it also had a two-floor Concierge Level (that was quite nice) called the "Voyagers Club."

Of course it's not that near the beach and is a couple blocks back, and it's in a very nondescript section of Waikiki...so location is not it's strong point. But it was a nice property back then.

I walked into the Lobby a couple of years ago when it was a Radisson, just as a nostalgic visit to an old haunt kinda thing. I could tell it had been updated, but mostly it looked the same. Good, not great.

Seems odd to me that this would be a Category 6, when the Hilton Hawaiian Village is also a Category 6. I would think the Kuhio would be less.

...but here's a picture from the balcony: Prince Kuhio balcony
And here's my Outrigger Prince Kuhio balcony shot from a million years ago when I was MUCH younger, slimmer, and had a full head of hair!

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/mekuhio.jpg

Last edited by PremEx; Jul 27, 2006 at 9:30 am
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Looks like most of the recent Trip Advisor reviews are pretty good anyways:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...hu_Hawaii.html
Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I got to believe they are updating the place if they are going to make it a cat6 property. It is however good to see more choices in Honolulu and this is a pretty good location. It is relatively quiet (for a Waikiki hotel) and pretty easy in and out of the area I think.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It's currently under renovation. The lobby area was redone a year or so ago....not bad but nothing special. Supposedly the pool area was too...but still no bathroom in the pool area

They've been renovating all the guest rooms this year....supposed to be done before Christmas. The pictures of what the rooms should look like appear nice.

I've stayed here several times...always on priceline...their regular rates as a radisson have been much, much higher than what the hotel was worth. However, that seems to be much of Hawaii these days.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Renard

They've been renovating all the guest rooms this year....supposed to be done before Christmas. The pictures of what the rooms should look like appear nice.

Do you have a link for the pictures of what the rooms are supposed to look like after renovation?

Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:03 am

Welcome to our ool...

Originally Posted by Renard
Supposedly the pool area was too...but still no bathroom in the pool area
Hello!?! You're already right next to (or already in) a giant pool...
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:49 am

Programs: hyatt
Cheap Trick (the band) at Hilton Hawaii on NYE

http://www.modernagent.com/x/moderna...al.cds?n=17709

Last edited by squeakr; Oct 11, 2006 at 12:54 pm Reason: clarify title
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

I was certain that this was going to be a post about ridiculous rate increases.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.