FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikiki Beach {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:02 am
PremEx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even before Radisson, it was (and perhaps first opened as) an Outrigger property...the Outrigger Prince Kuhio. We used to have a corporate contract with this Outrigger hotel for about 10 years and I had stayed there many, many times over that period.

It was sort of a flagship property for Outrigger because at that time it was their only property with full Banquet and Ballroom services, and it also had a two-floor Concierge Level (that was quite nice) called the "Voyagers Club."

Of course it's not that near the beach and is a couple blocks back, and it's in a very nondescript section of Waikiki...so location is not it's strong point. But it was a nice property back then.

I walked into the Lobby a couple of years ago when it was a Radisson, just as a nostalgic visit to an old haunt kinda thing. I could tell it had been updated, but mostly it looked the same. Good, not great.

Seems odd to me that this would be a Category 6, when the Hilton Hawaiian Village is also a Category 6. I would think the Kuhio would be less.

...but here's a picture from the balcony: Prince Kuhio balcony
And here's my Outrigger Prince Kuhio balcony shot from a million years ago when I was MUCH younger, slimmer, and had a full head of hair!

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/mekuhio.jpg

Last edited by PremEx; Jul 27, 2006 at 9:30 am