Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Duplicate post

Last edited by Abidjan; Aug 24, 2005 at 3:41 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
That's good news - I was wondering how things turned out. ^
Old Sep 2, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Tried for 2 pm checkout at DT metropolitan NY on 31st august but could only get 1 pm again.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:00 pm

Do Hilton VIPs get late check out?

Just wondering. I'm Hilton Gold and haven't stayed in one for two months, but now when I read the tier level benefits, I can't see anything about getting a late check out (4 pm) on request. Perhaps I'm confusing this with another hotel program, but was that ever a benefit and, if so, is it still?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:10 pm

i always ask first..and have always been granted..once in singapore, the bloke asked us when our flight left, and we said, midnight..and he pondered for a moment and said..sorry, cant let you stay in the room after 6pm...it was like having another whole day in sin... however 2pm is the norm..
Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:42 pm

Starwood allows late check-out

Originally Posted by arfie
Perhaps I'm confusing this with another hotel program, but was that ever a benefit and, if so, is it still? Thanks in advance!
There is no "constitutional right" to a late check-out with Hilton. You are thinking of the Starwood program.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Hilton VIPs can request late checkout, but there's certainly no guarantee. However, every time I have asked, I have received it without problem. I've never asked to stay in a room past 3:00 PM though. Mid to late afternoon probably isn't a problem, but staying into the evening is not something they're likely to grant.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No right, but if hotel isnt full, ask nicely and not unreasonable then can usually get a few more hours past standard check-out time.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question Did you do a search??????????

Originally Posted by arfie
Just wondering. I'm Hilton Gold and haven't stayed in one for two months, but now when I read the tier level benefits, I can't see anything about getting a late check out (4 pm) on request. Perhaps I'm confusing this with another hotel program, but was that ever a benefit and, if so, is it still?

Thanks in advance!
Did you read the HHonors membership Benefits??

This from the HHonors website:
Late check-out upon request: If you need extra time in your room, call the front desk. We'll do everything possible to accommodate your request.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Did you read the HHonors membership Benefits??

This from the HHonors website:
Late check-out upon request: If you need extra time in your room, call the front desk. We'll do everything possible to accommodate your request.
Yes, I did a search. I'm confusing this with Intercontinental I think. Thanks for the replies. I've been staying at ICs mostly lately, now going back to Hilton.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 6:42 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
It certainly varies.In the USA I have only been able to get 1-2 hours extra and have on several occasions been denied.In Brisbane I only ever get 1 extra hour but generally Hiltons overseas are more generous.
In the Narita hilton it depends on your status-As silver I got 1pm.As gold I always got 3pm.As diamond I have been able to leave at 5pm.every time.This seems to be reasonably common through Asia.
It was as starwood gold I always got 4pm checkouts and it is the only thing I miss.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
As a Diamond, I am routinely denied anything past noon - I've occasionally been able to squeak out a 1 pm on a weekend, but overall I try to stay with Starwood when late check-out will be a need for me.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:19 pm

I recently stayed at Hilton Cocoa Beach and was told that the latest I could check-out without additional charges was 12.30pm. Good thing I asked the night before. I personally think that the benefits associated with Elite/VIP have diluted over the years. This sucks!!!

alextktan
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Another one of those topics that has come up over and over ( and beaten to death )
I have made an avarage of three or so such requests annually (over say the last 10 years) and I have never ONCE been denied and most of those requests have been for 3 or 4 pm and even later.
Properties include, SFO hilton, Paddington Hilton, Conrad Dublin, Hilton Sorrento, HHV ( twice within 4 days)
Perhaps the key is that these are in larger/city properties but I must say I am suprised at the number of postings here of denials.

mike
Old Oct 28, 2005, 2:57 pm

Typically anything up to 2 PM is never a problem. If the hotel is not full the next night, I also was successful with requests for 4 PM several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.