Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bandung {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You can take the train from Jakarta (3-4 hours), for $8-12. There are also many shuttle services from $10-15 for standard service, or $20-40 for executive service.
The train leaves Gambir train station, some half a dozen trains daily. If you don't have a car, train might be the best way to get there.

Hilton Bandung is very near Bandung train station and also the airport. There are flights into Bandung from Singapore and Bali for instance, so you could also check into flying there. No flights from Jakarta, too close.

1/2 of Jakarta comes to Bandung on holidays and weekends, so traffic can be brutal.
That is so true. That's why I chose to go there on Sunday, to go against the traffic. Friday afternoon-evening, Saturday and Sunday (and holidays) morning traffic from Jakarta to Bandung is crazy. Whereas Saturday and Sunday evening traffic going from Bandung back to Jakarta is hardly moving.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I live much of the year in Bandung, and much of the time I try not to leave the house on weekends.

Going in the opposite direction of B plates is always my goal.
Originally Posted by FGunawan
The train leaves Gambir train station, some half a dozen trains daily. If you don't have a car, train might be the best way to get there.

Hilton Bandung is very near Bandung train station and also the airport. There are flights into Bandung from Singapore and Bali for instance, so you could also check into flying there. No flights from Jakarta, too close.

That is so true. That's why I chose to go there on Sunday, to go against the traffic. Friday afternoon-evening, Saturday and Sunday (and holidays) morning traffic from Jakarta to Bandung is crazy. Whereas Saturday and Sunday evening traffic going from Bandung back to Jakarta is hardly moving.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I live much of the year in Bandung, and much of the time I try not to leave the house on weekends.

Going in the opposite direction of B plates is always my goal.
Drive to Jakarta Saturday morning and come back to Bandung Sunday evening. That should do the trick
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
what was the latest category of this property? Points redemption now ranges from 15k to 23k using random dates.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
what was the latest category of this property? Points redemption now ranges from 15k to 23k using random dates.
This property was 30k before.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi everybody,

are the rooms at this property OK or in urgent need of a renovation?

The executive shuttle service Jakarta-Bandung would pick us up at the Jakarta Hotel and drop us at the Hilton or is from/to a bus station?

Thanks very much,
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi everybody,

are the rooms at this property OK or in urgent need of a renovation?

The executive shuttle service Jakarta-Bandung would pick us up at the Jakarta Hotel and drop us at the Hilton or is from/to a bus station?

Thanks very much,
The rooms have all been nice the half dozen stays I've had there.

Usually an executive shuttle should bring you to the hotel. If a normal shuttle, it will drop you at their depot. The hotel is near the train station, but a direct drop off is obviously easier.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
15k is a good deal. 20k is the max I'd use at this property.

The lounge is pretty nice, but the hotel pool is often closed in the later afternoon on weekends for weddings.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
The rooms have all been nice the half dozen stays I've had there.

Usually an executive shuttle should bring you to the hotel. If a normal shuttle, it will drop you at their depot. The hotel is near the train station, but a direct drop off is obviously easier.
Thanks very much for the info Jaimito Cartero!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Krisflyer
Few questions for the regulars in here....

Are the rooms quiet enough? I'm booked for the Queen Executive and hope to make Gold after this round.

Hows the lounge breakfast like?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by kingofthesods

Are the rooms quiet enough? I'm booked for the Queen Executive and hope to make Gold after this round.

Rooms are one of the great features of this hotel. They are generous in size and furnished very well. And yes they are quiet.

Skip the breakfast in lounge, the offering there is paltry compared to the main restaurant. Evening cocktail is nice though.

Last edited by FGunawan; Apr 25, 2017 at 8:44 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rooms are fairly quiet. You might hear a train a little bit, or an overly loud motorbike on occasion.

I ate breakfast once in the lounge, but it is not even close in quantity or variety to the breakfast downstairs.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Krisflyer
The rooms are fairly quiet. You might hear a train a little bit, or an overly loud motorbike on occasion.

I ate breakfast once in the lounge, but it is not even close in quantity or variety to the breakfast downstairs.
OK stupid question....but....I'm assuming I'm allowed to eat either in the lounge or at the restaurant yah?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK stupid question....but....I'm assuming I'm allowed to eat either in the lounge or at the restaurant yah?
Yes, either one.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
just remember I had a kind of strange experience here during my stay last month.

booked 2 room+breakfast package as a gold (there was 6 of us so I assume it will be fine since I will get 2 free breakfast anyway)

during check-in was told that I got 1 room upgraded to the executive floor, and was offered a paid upgrade for the other room which I took

the room was great and the 2 queen bed was good enough that we don't need to get any extra bed

but during breakfast I was told that I need to pay for 1 pax since they have upgraded the 1st room to executive floor, I only get to enjoy 1 free breakfast (instead of the 2 free that usually I get as gold)

it was just around $10 so I'm not to bother, but just wondering is this really the policy from Hilton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.