Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by Often1
I would never, ever, never have stayed at the property for any reason, even if they apologized and comped the room. Rather stay in a cardboard box under the bridge.
Glad I'm not you.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Derek
Glad I'm not you.
+1. Amazing how quickly all that hyperbole disappears the next time that property has the best rate/location/etc.

Last edited by smmrfld; Feb 27, 2014 at 7:17 am
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Quote:

I would never, ever, never have stayed at the property for any reason, even if they apologized and comped the room. Rather stay in a cardboard box under the bridge.

Glad I'm not you.
+1

If the property is what you're looking for, there's no availability elsewhere, and they eventually apologize, I'm with the OP. Whether I'd ever stay there again after that stay, is a whole different ball game and would also depend on the treatment at the property.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Glad it all worked out, but being the devious person I am, if that were me and they did not budge, I would have booked about 20 rooms with cancellable rate and waited till the last hour then canceled.

Why some of the honors properties do crap like this is beyond me.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Glad I'm not you.
+1. No one in their right mind cuts off their nose to spite their face just to "win". I'm happy you were able to state your case rationally and get the response you needed from by far the best property in the immediate area.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The property has made a fact-based decision here. The property may be wrong, but it's not budging. End of story. The property has essentially fired OP as a customer and OP has two simple choices: 1) suck it up and pay up or 2) stay elsewhere.

After the fact, OP can do all the complaining he wants, but clearly nothing is moving the needle with the property.
You're posts are so entertaining.... and outline a wonderful personality.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
So I was tired of explaining the situation over and over again; I had already wasted my morning on the issue. I looked at the confirmation email, there was a general email address for the property. I sent an email explaining the situation, and within thirty minutes, had an apologetic email from the hotel telling me that the rate for the entire week had been reset to $245, per my original reservation last October.

I wrote back and thanked them, saying my confidence in their customer service was restored, but I also reiterated my frustration at hearing a "customer is wrong" tone at every turn when dealing with their staff and staff at hilton reservations.
Well done! ^ It's nice to see you were able to find a satisfactory resolution with such a modest additional effort.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Grumpy! Somebody needs a nap.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:10 am

Does every forum have someone like this? FT would be much more pleasant if the comments were helpful.

I am glad that it worked out. I find that most hotels, when presented with facts in a straightforward manner without anger or name-calling, will attempt to make things right for the guest.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler
Does every forum have someone like this? FT would be much more pleasant if the comments were helpful.

I am glad that it worked out. I find that most hotels, when presented with facts in a straightforward manner without anger or name-calling, will attempt to make things right for the guest.
Some of us prefer quick wit and humor over "pleasant," which is hardly a step up from "nice."
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
OP, goodonya for persevering ^. Unfortunately, sometimes when a CSR gets into a particular way of looking at things, even if you appeal up the line, the CSR is apt to tell the person appealed to their side of the story, and forcefully. Soon, everyone is looking through the same facet and none of the others. You somehow got someone who had not been tainted and had a better mindset.

My face would look so bad without a nose... enjoy your box (it's mostly self-imposed).

Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:37 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Well done Derek. Experiences like this are just so unnecessary. I must say I have had complaints with HH but never one like you have gone through.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Thanks everyone, or almost everyone

It shows you that the CSRs are human, they get pretty jaded probably with those who do try to scam their properties all the time, and they lose sight of the fact that customers deserve the benefit of the doubt. The problem is so many people try to squeeze everything they can out of corporations, that the staff get sick of it. Well, when you're sick of dealing with customers, you may need to rethink your career choice.

If you can reach someone with a sympathetic ear, and an understanding that a single bad experience outweighs a dozen good ones, things can get set right.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Thanks everyone, or almost everyone

It shows you that the CSRs are human, they get pretty jaded probably with those who do try to scam their properties all the time, and they lose sight of the fact that customers deserve the benefit of the doubt. The problem is so many people try to squeeze everything they can out of corporations, that the staff get sick of it. Well, when you're sick of dealing with customers, you may need to rethink your career choice.

If you can reach someone with a sympathetic ear, and an understanding that a single bad experience outweighs a dozen good ones, things can get set right.
You stuck with it and did good! Happy it worked out.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:36 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Did anyone get to the bottom of exactly how the staff at the hotel thought that the OP was scamming them or gaming the system?

The put rates on a public website and a member of the public buys hotel room nights at those rates. I would have been pushing for an explanation of exactly what I was doing wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.