Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

http://www.luxist.com/2008/12/18/boc...illion-revamp/

http://www.bocaresort.com/
The Boca Raton Resort & Club will become part of the Waldorf=Astoria Collection in Spring 2009. At that time Boca Raton Resort & Club will begin offering guests the advantages traditionally extended by the Hilton Family of Hotels, including HHonors Points and Miles.
http://waldorfastoria1.hilton.com/en...it=TNav,Hotels
BOCA RATON RESORT & CLUB (COMING SPRING 2009)
DAKOTA MOUNTAIN LODGE, PARK CITY, UT (OPENING 2009)
THE ROOSEVELT, NEW ORLEANS, LA (OPENING 2009)
WALDORF=ASTORIA ORLANDO (OPENING 2009)
JERUSALEM PALACE (OPENING 2010)
WALDORF=ASTORIA SARASOTA (OPENING 2010)
WALDORF=ASTORIA BEVERLY HILLS (OPENING 2011)
WALDORF=ASTORIA MONTREAL (OPENING 2011)
Old Dec 20, 2008, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
I will be there the minute they honor me as a Diamond.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:22 am

When Does Boca Resort Become Part of Program?

The Boca Raton resort is supposed to become part of the W-A collection and, more importantly, part of the HHonors program. Their web site says spring 2009 and I believe that last year's announcement said something similar.

I need to be there in a few weeks - anyone have any idea as to the effective date of this? If it is not officially effective, is there any way to still get points of of the stay?
Old May 14, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Here's a link to to official Hilton press release from today on the property becoming a W=A:

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4041419.html

Following terminology in the press release would indicate that the hotel is now officially part of the Hilton portfolio:

Hilton Hotels Corporation today announces that the Boca Raton Resort & Club in South Florida has joined The Waldorf Astoria Collection.

The resort is also showing up on the Hilton website if you search Boca Raton but still no mention of it on the HH page showing redemption values for W=A properties.

Last edited by christianj; May 14, 2009 at 6:35 am
Old May 14, 2009, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the news.

I did stay there a couple of weeks ago. When I checked in, I asked the girl - she told me that they were using the Hilton reservation system but no, that they would never do anything like give points - just use the reservation.

I tried to explain that it was supposed to be part of the whole system but she assured me I was wrong. It didn't matter at the time as I didn't get the points. (My wife would like to go back next year so this is still important info for me)
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, PriorityClub Gold, Marriott, UA Mileage Plus, LH Miles & More, Sixt Platinum
Anybody stayed here already? I am a Hilton Gold and would like to know what I could expect! They've got some decent looking rates in November
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I don't understand these hotels that try to brand "old" as "classic." Service was decent, but the hotel was still really tired. I was just there for a conference and was completely unimpressed. The first room that I got smelled like it had been washed in cigarette smoke. The second room just had a funky smell that I couldn't identify. Don't bring too many electronics with you, either. Their isn't much in the way of outlets in the room. Food was mediocre.

If the WA brand is meant to indicate premium, these guys have a long way to go.

Mike
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL gold, marriott silver
Boca Beach Club

Hi...

My family and I were looking forward to our 6 nights in May at the Boca Beach Club until I saw the reviews. This is so disappointing. I guess we will need to consider another property in the area.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by halifaxflyer
Hi...

My family and I were looking forward to our 6 nights in May at the Boca Beach Club until I saw the reviews. This is so disappointing. I guess we will need to consider another property in the area.
The Beach Club was completely reno'd (rebuilt?) and is really gorgeous. The main hotel has a very large number of reno'd rooms, but yes, still some stinkers. I haven't been there in a year but will be next week, staying in a cloister deluxe (civil servants don't get the beach club, or the marina, or the tower....)
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Service was decent, but the hotel was still really tired. I was just there for a conference and was completely unimpressed. The first room that I got smelled like it had been washed in cigarette smoke. The second room just had a funky smell that I couldn't identify. Don't bring too many electronics with you, either. Their isn't much in the way of outlets in the room. Food was mediocre.
I just got back from Boca. The first room I got was pretty standard; clean, not too small, although it sadly overlooked the valet staging area, so there was a lot of door slamming, but quiet at night. The internet in the room didn't work, and I had water ants on my bathroom sink, so they offered to put me in the tower. Much nicer room (but still no great shakes), which was much quieter. I did get to enjoy the conversations of the folks in the room next to me through the connecting door, but they went to bed early and didn't really bother me. Amazing view.

I thought the food was really quite good, though at their prices, it ought to be.

Visited the Beach Club yesterday before we left (the only sunny day of the week) and I repeat, it is gorgeous. If I were paying myself I would definitely stay there; sadly I'm lucky my employer lets me stay at the resort at all, even in the cheapest rooms.

The resort is much nicer since they renovated, but yes, there is a long way to go yet. Stay at the beach club and soak up the über-chicness of the place.
Old May 8, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Currently at the Boca Raton Beach Club. We arrived on Thursday, I booked an Ocean Standard ($130+ tax and daily resort fee) and received a nice terrace room on the second floor- ocean view. A nice room- king bed- little sofa and a great balcony with a table and chairs to rest. The resort is very modern and vastly different than the Boca Raton Resort on the other ride of the inlet. We have eaten at a few of the resorts dining options and everything we have had is wonderful. Today we rented a cabana for the day ($200) and have had great service, a nice light meal and drink service. Being Mothers Day weekend a lot of little children are around, but the noise level is not to high. My wife had a 4 hour spa day yesterday and really enjoyed all the services. Over all the facility and service has been really good and no complaints. I would come back.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
I travel to this area for work regularly. Off season, I prefer to stay at the Boca Beach Club, as it it light years nicer and service is much better than the Boca Resort. During "season" the room rates get to be a bit much for my T&E budget ($400+ per night), so I usually stay at the Hilton Suites in Boca (also a nice place with a very good restaurant called City Fish Company next door). The Hilton Suites is about 10 minutes west of the beach though.

My first, and only, experience at the Boca Resort was not good. They did not upgrade my room and I was stuck in the old "cloister" section of the main building. When I asked about my room upgrade they gave me excuse that the hotel was full (although it did not appear to be crowded and in the morning, the rooms on either side of me did not have newspapers out at 6:00 am, as mine did). They do participate in the points program. The resort fee in my opinion is just a way of getting some extra $$$ from you,as it is supposed to include some tips, but the bell staff still expects tips (you can tell this from the way they stand and wait). The parking is overpriced and takes forever to get your car (I waited 15 minutes for my car and the drive area was not busy). All in all, my room was very old and worn with the gold fixutres actually pitting. I wouldn't go back unless I could be assured of staying in another section of the hotel.

On the other hand, the sister property, the Boca Beach Club is stunning. The rooms are very modern and chic. The hotel has a "south beach" feel upon walking in. The beach is nice, the service is good, the only negative is that the choices for dining are quite limited. You almost have to take the shuttle to the Boca Resort to have variety in dining choices. Given that the room rates are usually similar, I would pick the Boca Beach Club. Off season you can usually find a AAA or MVP rate under $200. I am still a bit bothered by the resort fee and the high parking charges though (personally, I would rather just have them include both in the room rate). I have always received upgrades to Beach View rooms with great views. The valet service here is much better than the resort (it only takes 3-4 minutes to get your car). I have stayed here about 5 times in the past year and continue to choose this hotel while in Boca during the off season...
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I know that WA includes a breakdown of each property's Diamond benefits--can someone help me find a link for the Boca Club?

I want to see if free breakfast is one of the Diamond options.....
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
I know that WA includes a breakdown of each property's Diamond benefits--can someone help me find a link for the Boca Club?

I want to see if free breakfast is one of the Diamond options.....
www.bocabeachclub.com
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Derek
I don't see the policy for Diamonds using this link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.