Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by kirkpt
I always bring snacks on vacation. I love "goobers" chocolates and beef jerky on the beach. I generally bring extra's for room attendants etc.
Hope this is ok cause Id hate to go without.
No worries - I'm still ready for my big meal come dinner time!
Nevermind grumpy me and enjoy the trip!

Happy New Year folks... 2014 is when we finally get to try CM instead of our old favorite Park Hyatt/Alila Villas
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
A general question for anybody: We're packing as lightly as possible for this trip, even by our roll-aboard standards, and are wondering if water shoes are advisable in addition to sandals.
If you are planning on snorkelling without life jackets then yes, they will be useful, and especially if you are staying on the Sunset side of the smaller island and want to snorkel outside your water villa as it's pretty much a dead coral wasteland there.

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Just wanted to wish everyone on this forum, from CM to pineapple_09 to MaldivesFreak to ma91mph to everyone else who makes this a fun, enjoyable and education forum, a happy and joyous 2014!

May next year bring with it a wealth of interesting travel experiences, be they in Y, J or F, and positive hotel-stay experiences, be it in BVs or OWVs, and (please, Hilton), no more HHonor devaluations
Thank you and reciprocated greetings for all FT'ers ^
Old Dec 31, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
If you are planning on snorkelling without life jackets then yes, they will be useful, and especially if you are staying on the Sunset side of the smaller island and want to snorkel outside your water villa as it's pretty much a dead coral wasteland there.
Again, many thanks for the valuable info. ^
Old Dec 31, 2013, 8:29 pm

Welcome. Since we didn't have any with us I made our own little pathway through the wasteland (SWV #339)

http://i39.tinypic.com/5nm0p2.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2l9649j.jpg

It's probably still there so if you happen to be in #339 you're most welcome to use it!

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 31, 2013 at 8:34 pm
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by kirkpt
We have same layover ord-auh-mle business class and have opted to get a room at staybridge on Yas island. Just a few miles from auh airport and get to layover in comfort and take a shower. Have lined up chauffeur service on Etihad to get there. It is included in business fare. We will see you there - we arrive on Monday jan 20th.
May or may not do the same for the return.
Unfortunately I don't think Etihad provides chauffeur service on award tickets. I do on the other hand have a fun return ticket booked (I was able to snag the ex-CMB F fare before they disappeared) See you there then - I will be the paunchy, bespectacled, middle-aged shaved-headed guy with a British accent (and probably slightly burnt by then!)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Unfortunately I don't think Etihad provides chauffeur service on award tickets. I do on the other hand have a fun return ticket booked (I was able to snag the ex-CMB F fare before they disappeared) See you there then - I will be the paunchy, bespectacled, middle-aged shaved-headed guy with a British accent (and probably slightly burnt by then!)
Actually, EY does provide chauffer service on award tickets, so they should be good there. Congrats on grabbing that ex-CMB before they went away. I was getting ready to get one on EY and ended up having to settle for an award ticket instead. maybe one of these days I'll get to MLE and check out this resort first hand. Sounds lovely from all the reports.

Eric
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Anyone else here right now?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: A few
Etihad do provide chauffeur on award tickets, have used it myself ^

Other than the bespectacled bit it would be hard to distinguish yourself from me lol
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC
Actually, EY does provide chauffer service on award tickets, so they should be good there. Congrats on grabbing that ex-CMB before they went away. I was getting ready to get one on EY and ended up having to settle for an award ticket instead. maybe one of these days I'll get to MLE and check out this resort first hand. Sounds lovely from all the reports.

Eric
Thanks! The ex-CMB fare is a circuitous route back to NYC (MLE-CMB-SIN-DXB-LHR-JFK), but I get a full day (well, 12+/- daylight hours) each in SIN and LHR, so I can see friends (and in LHR's case, stock up on crisps, choccies, etc...)

That is excellent news about the chauffeur service. In that case I might actually leave the airport. Time to look into AUH hotels!

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Other than the bespectacled bit it would be hard to distinguish yourself from me lol
We might be long-lost twins
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
We will be the couple with the Southern twang!

Happy New Years Y'all from the Mountains on NC
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Etihad doesn't provide chauffeur service in AUH if you're just transiting overnight in AUH.

Last edited by johndeere19; Jan 2, 2014 at 9:48 am
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Etihad doesn't provide chauffeur service in AUH if you're just transiting overnight in AUH.
You are indeed correct. I just called them up, and whilst I get the free chauffeur service to JFK, I don't get the free chauffeur service for the transit portion in AUH. Le sigh.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:16 pm
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

Just wanted to wish everyone on this forum, from CM to pineapple_09 to MaldivesFreak to ma91mph to everyone else who makes this a fun, enjoyable and education forum, a happy and joyous 2014!
And the same to you!

Originally Posted by Fredd
A general question for anybody: We're packing as lightly as possible for this trip, even by our roll-aboard standards, and are wondering if water shoes are advisable in addition to sandals.
No need. Even if you have very tender feet there's not many places where you're likely to even think about needing them.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond
You are indeed correct. I just called them up, and whilst I get the free chauffeur service to JFK, I don't get the free chauffeur service for the transit portion in AUH. Le sigh.
While that's true by the book, nothing stopping you from walking up to the chauffeur desk with your F boarding pass and seeing what happens...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by manneca
What do you normally use water shoes for?
The shore is sandy. There aren't rocks or ironshore to hurt your feet. I didn't swim because I spent all my time diving, so my advice might be not that useful.
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Originally Posted by ConradMaldives
No need. Even if you have very tender feet there's not many places where you're likely to even think about needing them.
Thanks for the responses. Maybe we'll compromise and bring one shoe each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.