Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 6:57 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jasonvr
We had more water than we could drink while we were there for 6 days. The room had a huge (maybe 2) bottles put in it each day for free. If you don't use one of them, put it aside and they will replace it. Everywhere we went we got free bottles (at the pool, on the beach, in the SCUBA dhonis, in the gym, etc). I didn't buy a single bottle the entire time I was there (except possibly with a lunch).

In addition, I believe that they state the water from the tap is perfectly drinkable (IIRC) but I think they still recommend bottled.
Good to know, thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Transfer Emails?

I'm slated to arrive in MLE the night of January 12th... and plan to stay at the Conrad from the 13th on. I haven't received any emails from the hotel asking for my travel details yet --should I wait for them to reach out to me ...or should I reach out to them?

It sounds like they typically make plans 1-2 weeks out. I'm at the 2-week window now, but wondering if I should start handling the transfer details now (hotel in MLE + seaplane to the resort.)
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:15 pm

Programs: SQ Solitaire, HH Diamond, Shangrila Golden Circle Diamond, Leaders Club (LHW)
Weatherboy, pls email [email protected] your flight details and request for seaplane transfer and overnight hotel in Male. Conrad will make the bookings for you and will have a rep waiting for you at the airport at night and the hotel early morning. We arrived at night and stayed at the Hulhule Hotel.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by kynd
Weatherboy, pls email [email protected] your flight details and request for seaplane transfer and overnight hotel in Male. Conrad will make the bookings for you and will have a rep waiting for you at the airport at night and the hotel early morning. We arrived at night and stayed at the Hulhule Hotel.
I arrive at the resort this weekend --I can't wait.

I didn't get any emails from them so I initiated the emails with them. As advertised here, I got the same form emails about the MLE hotels, the seaplanes, and the Diamond benefits. I haven't been offered to purchase any upgrades, but I'm sure those will come when I arrive.

I arrived at the Conrad today.

Wow.

Best use of points ever.

As a Diamond, I was offered the usual described here. But I was also offered special upgrades as a Diamond: for $100/night, I can upgrade to a Deluxe Beach Villa. For only $200/night, I could upgrade over the water to either a huge Spa Villa or a Deluxe Water Villa.

I decided to mix it up and try both the beach and over-water villas. For just a few hundred dollars, its hard not to.

The service so far has been fabulous. Food/drink/spa prices aren't out of line with other HHonors resorts. If anything, this place seems like a bargain compared to the Grand Wailea W=A.

But anyways, the accommodations are absolutely amazing --words can barely describe them.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Payment of Seaplane transfer?

Does the Seaplane transfer and the overnight in MLE get charged to your room? If so does one earn HH points for these items?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SF1K
Does the Seaplane transfer and the overnight in MLE get charged to your room? If so does one earn HH points for these items?
From my recollection (which may be faulty) the seaplane transfer does but the overnight in MLE doesn't.

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I arrived at the Conrad today.

Wow.

Best use of points ever.

As a Diamond, I was offered the usual described here. But I was also offered special upgrades as a Diamond: for $100/night, I can upgrade to a Deluxe Beach Villa. For only $200/night, I could upgrade over the water to either a huge Spa Villa or a Deluxe Water Villa.

I decided to mix it up and try both the beach and over-water villas. For just a few hundred dollars, its hard not to.

The service so far has been fabulous. Food/drink/spa prices aren't out of line with other HHonors resorts. If anything, this place seems like a bargain compared to the Grand Wailea W=A.

But anyways, the accommodations are absolutely amazing --words can barely describe them.
That's a hell of a deal. When I preconfirmed my upgrade, I was charged the exact price differential between the rack rates for a beach villa and the Deluxe Water Villa we upgraded to. That was $865 per night!

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 15, 2009 at 2:09 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by jasonvr
That's a hell of a deal. When I preconfirmed my upgrade, I was charged the exact price differential between the rack rates for a beach villa and the Deluxe Water Villa we upgraded to. That was $865 per night!
Business must be hurting.....
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Business must be hurting.....
I think the resort is fairly empty... or at least it seems like it.

I have my choice of spa bookings anytime without notice.

I've been able to make same-day dining arrangements but some have been cancelled due to not enough sign-ups (i.e.: lunch at ithaa the undersea place.)

There were about 20-30 people at a welcome reception my first night here. That was the most people I've seen in a bunch my whole stay. The main pool area has about 8-15 people and I know there's a group of 12 Russians roaming the islands together as a group. But other than that, I just don't see anyone other than resort staff. As an example, at breakfast in the Atoll Market I was one of 8 people there (and 4 of the others were Seaplane crewmembers.)

Once in a blue moon you do come across another guest roaming a path, but overall, the place just seems totally empty. (In a good way I suppose.)

Just two interesting tidbits from my stay...

The resort said Hilton HHonors is reimbursing them $650/night for my stay. Way less than the $1,100-ish the resort is currently charging, but with the place empty, I suppose any revenue is welcome revenue.

And speaking of empty, Fergie is here with Josh Duhamel celebrating their honeymoon. Considering their wedding budget, it wouldn't shock me that if they bought out a good chunk of the resort to preserve their privacy.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 15, 2009 at 2:09 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just two interesting tidbits from my stay...

The resort said Hilton HHonors is reimbursing them $650/night for my stay. Way less than the $1,100-ish the resort is currently charging, but with the place empty, I suppose any revenue is welcome revenue.

And speaking of empty, Fergie is here with Josh Duhamel celebrating their honeymoon. Considering their wedding budget, it wouldn't shock me that if they bought out a good chunk of the resort to preserve their privacy.
Nah, they probably just got 1 or both of the Sunset Villas. Plenty of privacy out there.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, Hertz 5*, WN CP A-List, US SP
Take some pics of them if you can, they may be worth something
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Dress Code?

Just wondering if the hotel and/or any of the restaurants have a dress code? Or what are most guests attire like? I want to make sure to bring suitable clothing.

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:20 pm

yeah, try to get a photo shot with a super mega zoom of her belly in a bathing suit. If she has gained just a quarter of a pound of body fat on her belly, then you would probably get paid $50k for the photo by US or PEOPLE magazine. Then they would post it on the cover with the title " OMG FERGIE IS OBESE!! HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN. LOOK INSIDE FOR THE EXCLUSIVE FAT PICTURES OF FERGIE.".......lol.........jk dont take pictures, that is why they traveled to the middle of nowhere.....to get away from everybody......and the maldives is the perfect place for privacy!

I will be there in March for my 30th Birthday! I cant wait. 8 days at the Conrad Maldives. And flying business (i wish I could afford First Class) on emirates on the new A380!

Question: Which side of the seaplane is best to sit when you arrive and depart to get the best view of the island?

Also is there complimentary access to the fitness area and is it open 24 hours? thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:44 pm

Just wondering if the hotel and/or any of the restaurants have a dress code? Or what are most guests attire like? I want to make sure to bring suitable clothing.

Thanks.
no shoes required anywhere
perhaps only at the underwater restaurant where the floor is cold

seriously, i don't remember there is a dress code.
Just don't wear your swimwear to the underwater restaurant.

Originally Posted by globaltrotter

Question: Which side of the seaplane is best to sit when you arrive and depart to get the best view of the island?

Also is there complimentary access to the fitness area and is it open 24 hours? thanks!
I would seat right behind the pilot to get the best view since there is no cockpit door.
all non-motorized watersports and the gym (forget the hours though) are complimentary.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:17 am

Thanks.
Guys should pack a pair or two of light dressy slacks and women should pack a summer dress or two at a minimum.

Koko Grill, the Japanese Teppanyaki place, requires legs to be covered at dinner... so pants/long dress will be needed there. Shoes though aren't required there.

At the Ithaa undersea restaurant, shoes are not permitted. But they do encourage guests to dress up a bit for dinner... so this would be another place good for pants/dress.

At the Wine Cellar dinner, they recommend shoes and slacks although they require neither. They make that recommendation due to how cold it is in there. I went in with shoes and shorts and was very comfortable (although I was the only one not in slacks.)

Elsewhere, it's all informal ...no shoes and typical resort wear.

The only other "dress code" rule they strictly enforce is topless sunbathing: because this is strict Islamic territory, women are not allowed to take their tops off. They do enforce this with the beach set, especially among Europeans who are used to topless bathing.

Originally Posted by neuro0
I would seat right behind the pilot to get the best view since there is no cockpit door.
all non-motorized watersports and the gym (forget the hours though) are complimentary.

The gym is open daily from 7am-10pm.

As far as best seaplane seat, the plane is so small you can get decent views looking out both sides from any seat. I suppose as forward as possible would be best since your view wouldn't be obstructed by the propellers.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA and BA
This was our observation when we were there last March. We barely saw another soul. But don't be fooled. We were surprised to hear it was sold out. We spent 99.9 percent of our time on our private over-water deck and assumed everyone else must be doing the same thing.

BEST TRIP EVER. Glad you're having an experience on par with my own last year.

SEA2BA

I think the resort is fairly empty... or at least it seems like it.

I have my choice of spa bookings anytime without notice.

I've been able to make same-day dining arrangements but some have been cancelled due to not enough sign-ups (i.e.: lunch at ithaa the undersea place.)

There were about 20-30 people at a welcome reception my first night here. That was the most people I've seen in a bunch my whole stay. The main pool area has about 8-15 people and I know there's a group of 12 Russians roaming the islands together as a group. But other than that, I just don't see anyone other than resort staff. As an example, at breakfast in the Atoll Market I was one of 8 people there (and 4 of the others were Seaplane crewmembers.)

Once in a blue moon you do come across another guest roaming a path, but overall, the place just seems totally empty. (In a good way I suppose.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.