Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Its a very different (and not in a good way) hotel at weekends to in the week. The crowd changes as it does in many Hiltons and that is a good reason to avoid despite the decent product and lounge. If I wanted an evening in Wetherspoons there is a fairly decent one by West India Quay!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Apologies for the late review, busy week. I spent last Saturday night ( 27/7) here. Lounge completely full at 6 pm, hot food chicken wings and breaded mushrooms. The cheese platter was absolutely awful, dried out old chedddar.
No kids though 😀. Pleasant evening.

Then came the night..... retired early 10.30 ish and the door slamming, shouting started. It went on untill 2am. Apparently there was a huge birthday party on the first floor and many stayed over. How many “guests” I had standing in front of my door calling their “bruvs” loudly proclaiming “this ain’t my room” when their key didn’t work I can’t remember, but I got sick of it at midnight and called the night manager, who to his credit came up immediately and told the yobs to be quiet, but 5 minutes later same thing happened.
In the morning the corridor stank of booze and was littered with flowers and sparkle. Poor housekeeping had a huge clean up to do.
All I heard at check out were people complaining. I did as well, and apoplogies were made.
Oh Winnie that’s terrible, I hate this!...... apart from the lounge issues ( that they now appear to have solved) I’ve never had a problem with rowdy guests, guess I got lucky, I stayed back in2010 and saw some guys fighting in the toilet downstairs but it soon got broken up and dismissed,........ thanks for the report though.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:50 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I have mostly nice memories of this hotel. Also one not so nice. I woke up in middle of the night and thought hearing knocking on the door. As the door was in an indentation from the corridor, I had to reach out to look to left and right. No-one was there. However, the door closed behind me and there I was stark naked without a room key card. An embarrassing situation. In the lounge by the lifts there were couches with pillows. I grabbed one to serve as fig leaf and headed to the lift and reception calling for help. A friendly male concierge then came to help me out of trouble. However, in the room I had to show him an ID. Lessons learned, do not sleep naked or at least do not go to open the room door without at least wearing a bath robe.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TTL
I have mostly nice memories of this hotel. Also one not so nice. I woke up in middle of the night and thought hearing knocking on the door. As the door was in an indentation from the corridor, I had to reach out to look to left and right. No-one was there. However, the door closed behind me and there I was stark naked without a room key card. An embarrassing situation. In the lounge by the lifts there were couches with pillows. I grabbed one to serve as fig leaf and headed to the lift and reception calling for help. A friendly male concierge then came to help me out of trouble. However, in the room I had to show him an ID. Lessons learned, do not sleep naked or at least do not go to open the room door without at least wearing a bath robe.
Hahaha, I think I remember you posting something about this on here?, that’s like something from a comedy movie!.
I remember one Xmas staying at the London Waldorf Hilton, I was in the lounge with my mother and the hot offering was calamari......my mother asked me what this is and I told her “ squid tentacles “, she wasn’t sure if I was joking and when the lounge dragon came around to clear the plates she asked her “ are these really squid testicles “ ......laugh!.....I nearly choked on my prosseco !
NoY, hugolover, Delectatio and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
And so it begins... first no children under 16 now .... 12. I tried to post a screenshot but failed. It doesn’t show up on the app but it does on the website.

MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Aug 13, 2019 at 12:04 pm Reason: Pic added
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:29 pm

And so it begins... first no children under 16 now .... 12. I tried to post a screenshot but failed. It doesn’t show up on the app but it does on the website.

Typical...... how long before it becomes a crib again with folk claiming their 10 year old is 12....... I can see it now.
NoY and MoodyB like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Typical...... how long before it becomes a crib again with folk claiming their 10 year old is 12....... I can see it now.
Me too
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:20 am

Me too
I might be here next Monday and will see but I think it’s weekends where it will be noticeable , during the week it seems to be more suits and blouses, wonder why they changed it again?, bet they got sick of policing it .
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:53 am

Not the lounge staff, they were very happy to do so as it made life SO much easier.

Weekdays are also a problem now because of the holidays everywhere.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Unhappy

Oh dear, I did have a stay planned in a couple of weeks...I may switch my booking!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not good!

Needs a few tripadvisor reports moaning......
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:14 am

Sign seems to have disappeared!......it is back to 16 .
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by wizla
Sign seems to have disappeared!......it is back to 16 .
Just checked in here for 1 night. Welcome letter says 12 and above...
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
Just checked in here for 1 night. Welcome letter says 12 and above...
Oh ok...... they really need to make up their minds.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:59 am

Not good. Not good at all. Checked in earlier, junior suite with swan on the bed for the people who love them 😀 and a mini bag of Haribo sweets instead of chocolates.

Went to grab a coffee in the lounge and surprise surprise, full of children. “12 years and older are welcome” my *****. Little girls who can’t be older than 7 is more correct. Host has obviously lost the will to argue.

I was looking forward to a quiet bank holiday weekend, but that seems very doubtfull now.
chrism20 and MoodyB like this.

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Aug 23, 2019 at 9:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.