Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Naples {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Renovation Hilton Naples

How is there renovation going? Will they be finished by their completion date , Oct. 6?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Just had 9 night holiday stay at this property.
Overall is was a good stay, and not that much to add to the older 2014 reviews.

As being Diamond we got breakfast vouchers every day for "Shulas", which gave us plenty of options; 1 selection (+ a small side, e.g. plain bagel) from the left side of the menu or 2 selections from the right side of the menu. (+5$ for the steak).

I was although quite surprised that the lounge had some 'non-published' closing hours during the day; couldn't quite figure them out, but there was still free coffee available outside the lounge area...
Don't know if this is their normal procedure or they just wanted to limit all the 'holiday guests' lounge-behavior with taking out water/soda's in excessive quantities; 1 guy took 11 soda cans with him (he need to go twice to his room) and it seemed for many that it was normal custom to take 1 can in each hand when you leave the lounge.
I can understand that you might want to take an already open can/bottle with you, and might even also 1 bottle of water, but I am afraid that this mis-using of lounge privileges unfortunately only drives management at hotels to close their lounges (permanently)...
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump this one up, as we are looking at this Hilton vs the Doubletree Suites in the area for a few days March 2018. Which of these hotels offers the best value in terms of location, suitability for families (we have 2 kids 8 & 5), gold bennies, etc? Also looking at the Staybridge in Naples as well. Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump up see last post
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Re: Hilton Naples

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Bump this one up, as we are looking at this Hilton vs the Doubletree Suites in the area for a few days March 2018. Which of these hotels offers the best value in terms of location, suitability for families (we have 2 kids 8 & 5), gold bennies, etc? Also looking at the Staybridge in Naples as well. Thanks!

We have stayed at the HIlton Naples for a week or so in March for the last several years and will do so again in 2018. I have not stayed at the Doubletree or the Staybridge so cannot compare them. I am a Diamond member but I believe that Golds are treated comparably with access to the Exec Lounge. I believe that you will also be given vouchers for breakfast every day at Shula's. You are allowed to order off the menu and it is all complimentary, including the gratuity. The hotel has free bicycles which can be reserved. They also operate a free shuttle ride to a drop-off area close to the beach. They provide you with a chair and water. You can catch a ride on another shuttle from the drop-off area to the beach or walk from that point. The pool area is small but very nice. All in all, we find it to be a very good value in South Florida.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just finished up 2 absolutely wonderful stays here last week. This property really impressed. Nice looking rooms with giant Smart TVs, great pool area with a bunch of towels, and super comfy beds. Unfortunately, the lounge was closed, but the breakfast served in the restaurant was great. If you stay here make sure you get Jordan as your breakfast server, she was one of the nicest servers I think I've ever had at a hotel restaurant. The Diamond breakfast benefit is anything from the breakfast menu, other than a $5 upcharge for steak. Covered for all 4 people in the room which was appreciated. I prefer a cooked-to-order breakfast like this over buffet offerings. Overall, service was great from everyone we interacted with, very nice staff full of smiles. They also run a convenient shuttle to Clam Pass beach every hour and give out beach chairs, towels, and cold waters. Free bikes can be rented at the front desk.

Hotel was pretty empty midweek, but by the time we left on Saturday, it looked a lot fuller, with one of the conference rooms also in use. Even though this is more of a "business" hotel, it had a mini beach resort vibe, without all the crowds or fees. All employees wore masks, though I would say only about 75% of guests did. Housekeeping offered everyday, which I am pointing out because other Hiltons I've stayed at recently did not.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by zeer0
Just finished up 2 absolutely wonderful stays here last week. This property really impressed. Nice looking rooms with giant Smart TVs, great pool area with a bunch of towels, and super comfy beds. Unfortunately, the lounge was closed, but the breakfast served in the restaurant was great. If you stay here make sure you get Jordan as your breakfast server, she was one of the nicest servers I think I've ever had at a hotel restaurant. The Diamond breakfast benefit is anything from the breakfast menu, other than a $5 upcharge for steak. Covered for all 4 people in the room which was appreciated. I prefer a cooked-to-order breakfast like this over buffet offerings. Overall, service was great from everyone we interacted with, very nice staff full of smiles. They also run a convenient shuttle to Clam Pass beach every hour and give out beach chairs, towels, and cold waters. Free bikes can be rented at the front desk.

Hotel was pretty empty midweek, but by the time we left on Saturday, it looked a lot fuller, with one of the conference rooms also in use. Even though this is more of a "business" hotel, it had a mini beach resort vibe, without all the crowds or fees. All employees wore masks, though I would say only about 75% of guests did. Housekeeping offered everyday, which I am pointing out because other Hiltons I've stayed at recently did not.
Thanks for the updated info about this property.

Hate to ask: if the employees wore masks, how did you get to see their smiles?

David
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Thanks for the updated info about this property.

Hate to ask: if the employees wore masks, how did you get to see their smiles?

David
You look at their eyes
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
You look at their eyes
Ah, the twinkle!

David
Old Jul 25, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist

Good to know. I will be there sometime in August on a Saturday so hopefully it's not incredibly full. Won't be that hard to stay away from people though if I'm just ordering to go food and being on the beach. Either way it sounds better than Marco Island which has some not so good reviews during covid (both about staff and guests),

Does anyone know how easy beach access is from the hotel? Looks to be just over a mile walk and while August will likely be a bit hot I'll survive. I guess I could take the shuttle but if the walk is reasonable I'd prefer that.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Jul 25, 2020 at 5:41 pm
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:56 pm

If they offer a shuttle take it. A mile walk in the Florida sun in August is not a great idea, even if you are not carrying anything, unless you do it early in the morning or just before sunset.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Does anyone know how easy beach access is from the hotel? Looks to be just over a mile walk and while August will likely be a bit hot I'll survive. I guess I could take the shuttle but if the walk is reasonable I'd prefer that.
You can walk to the beach which we did one day, takes about 20 minutes to the mangroves, and then another 15 minutes from there. But in the heat, the shuttle is so much more enjoyable. The shuttle drops you off at the mangroves, from there you can either walk 15 minutes or take another (free) golf cart to the beach. The golf carts go all the time all day. We would usually call the Hilton from the beach an hour before we wanted to leave for the shuttle back.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:53 pm

Just had another stay here last week, 7 nights. Upgraded at check-in to an accessible suite (only one available) after asking. The room was good, 1.5 bathrooms and living room separated from bedroom by doors. Nice to have the space. The only difference from a regular suite was the lack of a bathtub and instead a large shower. Lounge was still closed, but got coupons for appetizers from the restaurant, which we ordered for takeout one of the nights. Breakfast was great, and covered for 4 people. What really stands out is the service, almost everyone working here is very nice and always happy to help. Clam Pass beach is currently closed, so the shuttle goes to the beach near the Ritz. Not a big fan of this crowded beach, instead you can walk 15 minutes to North Beach, which is beautiful and empty during the week. Only other thing I'd note is you now need to request for housekeeping to be done every day, otherwise it will only happen between guests. We had several times where we came back to the room and it wasn't cleaned before realizing this.

^ lounge replacement appetizers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.