Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Louisiana, USA {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Louisiana, USA {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
How about giving the Roosevelt a try, and giving us a trip report.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
There are quite a number (three dozen or more) of existing threads on the New Orleans properties, of which about half a dozen have been posted to within the last few months (i.e., in 2009). Have you reviewed at least those recent threads and gleaned what information you could from them?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
There are quite a number (three dozen or more) of existing threads on the New Orleans properties, of which about half a dozen have been posted to within the last few months (i.e., in 2009). Have you reviewed at least those recent threads and gleaned what information you could from them?
Yes I have reviewed them. I was just seeking any additional info, specifically on diamond benefits. Like said in my OP, I don't stay at Hiltons very often and never been higher than a Gold before. Sorry Kathy.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: UA and HH
I'd avoid Hilton St. Charles if you're looking for an upgrade, reliable pool/hottub, breakfast, or managers reception on the weekend. During the week it may be a different story. They do keep the exec lounge open during the weekend and keep the fridge stocked with sodas and water free of charge. As a diamond I didnt even get an executive floor room but did have access to the lounge.

Ive also stayed at the HGI in the CBD and was upgraded to a corner suite and given breakfast vouchers for a weekend stay.

Both of the hotels I have stayed at are a few blocks from bourbon. HGI is a little closer to Harrahs.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
Thanks gbryan84.I appreciate it. That is the type of info I was looking for.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:33 pm

New orleans Hilton or Hampton?

OK so I am planning New Orleans trip for New Years with my fiance. We are looking mostly to eat good food and have good drinks by night and walk around and explore the sights during the day.

I have read most of the reports on here but still am not sure. I am using points and the Waldorf property considers this a peak season so that leaves the Hiltons, doubletree and the Hampton....I am generally not a fan of Hamptons but the reviews on Tripadvisor are stellar for it...any input?

Thanks,

Ethan
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:32 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by ethanh
OK so I am planning New Orleans trip for New Years with my fiance. We are looking mostly to eat good food and have good drinks by night and walk around and explore the sights during the day.

I have read most of the reports on here but still am not sure. I am using points and the Waldorf property considers this a peak season so that leaves the Hiltons, doubletree and the Hampton....I am generally not a fan of Hamptons but the reviews on Tripadvisor are stellar for it...any input?

Thanks,

Ethan
I stay at the Hilton Riverside a couple times a month and really like it. Fairly easy to get upgraded, clean rooms, good executive lounge and a great restuarant, Drago's. Make sure you try their charbroiled oysters.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
The Hilton is pleasant and is a typical Hilton. I stayed at the HGI Convention center two weeks ago for a convention and was very happy with it. The Hampton Inn Convention Center has a very nice lobby and has a great Concierge. The Hilton is obviously closer to the action than the other two hotels, but cabs from the HGI to Bourbon Street were all less than $6.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:52 pm

I too recommend the Hilton near the river. The trolly stops near the entrance
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, BA Exec
baton rouge hilton properties

Can anyone report on any of the above? The Homewood was very good several years ago, but looks like it has slipped. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA1k-to-UAnada, HiltonLowAsUCanGo, HertzDoesntMatter
New Orleans Hilton Properties Recommendations?

Hi ...

Booking a 4 day weekend over Memorial Day in New Orleans for just plain old tourist activities.

Any recommendations on properties (location being a priority)? The Roosevelt would probably be our choice, but we are running low on points and would have to pay for a night or two...

You guys were helpful for our DC trip last year... looking forward to your comments

TIA

-cf
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
A lot of information here, even though it's been a while since any updates you can at least get a sense of the various options on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...w-orleans.html

I'd go with The Roosevelt over any of the others. Having said that, it's probably the only Hilton property in town where I have not yet stayed!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
I'd go with The Roosevelt over any of the others. Having said that, it's probably the only Hilton property in town where I have not yet stayed!
+1

I stayed at the Hilton St. Charles and it was okay but I was underwhelmed. The Roosevelt has only recently opened and underwent an extensive renovation so I would think it is the best choice.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Roosevelt #1 choice

Hilton Riverside close second
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spineangel
Roosevelt #1 choice

Hilton Riverside close second
These are the only two Hilton properties in NOLA where I have stayed, but I concur.

This thread includes my review of staying at the Roosevelt the first week it was officially re-opened (July 09). In spite of what I wrote, I still put it #1.

Stayed at the Riverside in Oct 09; it still has one of the best lounges of any US Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.