Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2001, 3:21 pm

Fast track to Gold and Diner's? NO.

Just completed fast track to gold conquest bonus and inquired about the Diner's DCDT 50k bonus. Was told I could not do both. I remember statements to the contrary on this board. Help?
Old Feb 7, 2001, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I enrolled for both, got my first 50K, then enrolled for the DCDT promo. I had my first stay on that one and it posted along with the first 5K promo detailed as DCDT.

Call Back, Call Back again.

TW
Old Feb 7, 2001, 4:31 pm

I have done both successfully, too.
Old Feb 7, 2001, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I successfully completed the BT2YM promo and am in the middle of my first stay on the DCDT promo. I'll keep you posted.

But I second TolarianWind's statement of calling again. It will all depend on the CS rep with whom you speak.
Old Feb 7, 2001, 4:56 pm

Location: Vancouver - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I registered for the DT promo and have done 3 stays at hiltons since. Still no bonus points. do they show up later?
Old Feb 8, 2001, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriott/Hilton Credit Cards ;)
Completing the Fast Track to Gold Question

All,

I signed up for the Fast Track to Gold Promotion and have completed my 4 stays. My account now has over 70,000 points.

My question is how long does it take for the Gold VIP to be updated on the web site?

BTW, I also finished my AA Gold Challenge on the same trip. I'm now drowning in miles and points .

-Andrew
Old Feb 8, 2001, 3:35 pm

Actually, you should have been changed to Gold when you were registered for the promotion, if treatment reported by others (and experienced by a friend of mine) is a guide.

Go to the HHonors page and access your account information. After you enter your account number and PIN, and click on "Access my HHonors Account", you should get a screen that starts out something like:

YOUR NAME
HHonors Gold VIP# 000000000

(Note the "GOLD VIP" in front of your number.)

If it's not there, send them an e-mail or call the CSR.
Old Feb 9, 2001, 6:22 am

Counsellor and All,

Do you know how fast is the status update on the website? I signed up for the promotion a week ago and the online status still shows 'blue'. I have completed a stay since then but it was in one of those Park Place properties in Las Vegas so they could not tell me my status (go figure)...

I don't mind calling Hhonors in the US again but I wondered if anyone had this info. Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2001, 10:47 am

The update to the website should take no more than two minutes. I would call back HHonors, as my friend had this same problem and had to call a second time (in which a refresh of the screen before hanging up showed gold).
Old Feb 9, 2001, 12:41 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
I did regitered.
Then I looked at my profile: no change of color.
As I am color blind, I did not take care about that, and made my first, seocnd... and got my 57 000 miles or something similar.
By the way, 3 weeks after, no mile.
By the way, I am still... colorblind, but was confirmed by somebody else that it was not writtten GOLD.

So, I took my pen (my e-pen) and wrote an e-message.
I did not get an e-answer.

Did they not change something intheir conquest ?
Did that happen to others ?
Old Feb 9, 2001, 1:19 pm
DOC 2 BE

Mon amis, Felis,

Ecrivez Adam Burke et demande votre status dans le Hilton Honors.

Monsieur Burke's e-mail est la:

[email protected]

Old Feb 9, 2001, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I had the same problem. I completed the four stays, received the 50,000 miles, but got no gold. I called the HHonors 800 number and the pleasant representative took only a couple of minutes and changed my status to Gold while I waited. Great experience. Now I'm working on getting my 16 stays to qualify for next year. I just got upgraded on my last stay on Wednesday. Hilton is getting my business over Marriott.

------------------
Old Feb 9, 2001, 10:32 pm

Now my first 5000 points are credited (that was fast!) so I guess I am correctly enrolled to that promotion. I guess I'll need to make another phone call to the customer service in the US for updating my status. My understanding is correct that the status changes to gold upon signing up, not after completing the four stays, right?

I have another stay waiting by the end of this month and I'm going to try to get the necessary stays for earning my status next year. I must admit I hadn't considered Hilton as my first choice of hotels but this promotion is very nice and makes me want to stay at their properties.
Old Feb 9, 2001, 10:51 pm
DOC 2 BE

Foolish and Runner --

You should remember one thing, though. Although you seem to have gotten or are getting your Conquest points, you should have been HHonors Gold during those stays. Therefore, you should have been ALSO getting the 25% Gold bonus for the $ you paid for each of those stays. As you were not so indicated as a Gold during those stays, you may NOT have gotten that bonus that you were entitled to. Therefore, check your accounts and see if the 25% bounus is listed -- Thankfully, this is one bonus that IS LISTED on the website. If not, then call HHonors to fix this!!!!!

Old Feb 10, 2001, 12:20 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Thanks DOC 2 BE,
I 'll do that immediately.
felis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.