Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross, Malahide Rd., Dublin, Ireland D17
Tel. +353.0.1.866.1800 Fax: -1866
This property is
5 km / 3 mi (10-15 minutes) away in Kinsaley (Northern Cross), not at the airport at all.

The shuttle runs every 40 minutes from 5AM to 1AM daily and picks up and drops off at Zone 16. The shuttle service is complimentary to all guests.

Comparatively, a one-way taxi on your own is roughly 15. (As of 2018).

From Terminal 1:

When you exit the arrivals hall there will be a white multi-storey car park in front of you. If you follow the signs to hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pickup point. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get there.

From Terminal 2:

When you exit the arrival hall please cross the road and there is a glass covered walkway. If you follow the walkway all the way to the end while still following signs for the hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pick up point. It takes approximately 5 minutes from T2 to the pick up point.[/quote]

More information on getting there, including a link to current shuttle schedule and map PDF here.

The property has five numbered floors, in-room dining; the Burnell restaurant is open at 6:30 am for breakfast, does not offer lunch and opens at 6:00 pm for dinner. The Burnell bar is open 7:00 am "until late" and serves pub food from 11:00 am on.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Water is the official perk. Unofficial amenities were eliminated, but water must still be provided. People should complain.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Am staying Sunday night - will mention/show the HH policy if no water given and report back
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:26 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Quick update...I flagged the conversation about the Hilton Dublin Airport to the Hilton HHonors team. Upon speaking to the property directly, it was confirmed that all Silver, Gold, and Diamond Hilton HHonors members should be receiving their water amenity as part of their HHonors on-property benefits. There may have been a miscommunication along the way in notifying members of this benefit. The hotel team will be addressing this going forward and will be sure to communicate all program benefits to elite members at check-in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for sharing!
Lauren
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:40 am
cjd

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Asked at checkout what the Diamond benefit us. Breakfast - that's it. No upgrade, no water.
No problem in that respect for us. Just completing a 2 night stay and room had 4 bottles of water in room, 2 still and 2 sparkling. These were replenished with 2 further complimentary bottles on the second night.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:46 am
cjd

Stayed here for 2 nights prior to flights to US. Had read mixed reports about hotel, but went ahead and booked the Sale rate. A phone call to the hotel informed me that the hotel only had 4 suites, so decided to book suite. Got taxi from airport for 15 euros instead of waiting some time for shuttle bus. Informed at check-in that we could have full buffet breakfast in restaurant. Suite was good size with large lounge/dining area and had a fridge and water was also provided. Bathroom a bit dated with separate corner shower, but as mentioned by others, water pressure very low. Bed was firm but comfortable and we both slept well. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast and we also had omelettes which are available on request and cooked to order. Restaurant staff were very friendly and chatty. Opposite hotel is a medium sized shopping mall with a few small eateries and shops but mainly a very large Tesco supermarket. Adjacent to the mall is a diner serving burgers etc. Next door to the hotel is a Chinese/Thai restaurant where we ate one night and enjoyed the meal. Reception staff informed us about buses into Dublin city centre, which stopped outside the shopping mall. Cost 2.7 euros each and took about 25 minutes. As also mentioned by others, the internet was very slow, but being on holiday it didn't bother us too much. Checkout was swift and we booked the shuttle bus back to the airport the previous night, which was just as well, as some people were unable to catch as it was full and they had to get taxis. Shuttle takes about 12 minutes to get to airport. Overall a pleasant stay. On our return from US, we are staying at the Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport so will be able to compare.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Quick update...I flagged the conversation about the Hilton Dublin Airport to the Hilton HHonors team. Upon speaking to the property directly, it was confirmed that all Silver, Gold, and Diamond Hilton HHonors members should be receiving their water amenity as part of their HHonors on-property benefits. There may have been a miscommunication along the way in notifying members of this benefit. The hotel team will be addressing this going forward and will be sure to communicate all program benefits to elite members at check-in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for sharing!
Lauren
Thank you for clarifying this Lauren^
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I'm here in a couple of weeks, will report, but it's always been a bit hit and miss. If you get time, you must visit Howth and have the smoked fish and chips- yummy!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:57 am

Sad that the drinks vouchers have gone here. It was the nice perk that meant I felt fondly of the hotel and made up for the coach being 2 Euro on the way back to the airport, and being slightly further away. It was just a little nudge that helped me along my way to booking. Instead, I'll probably end up booking the Raddison, Crowne Plaza or the Bewley's Hotel (it has a new name which I forget but have stayed there a few times on trips between the UK and US with an overnight in Dublin). Those three hotels are all around the same quality as the Hilton, significantly closer (esp. the Raddison) and often around the same price. The drinks vouchers pushed Hilton over the edge in a 'samey' hotel environment around the airports - plus I'm sure they got a decent number of add-on sales at the hotel too - I certainly bought a drink or two after using the vouchers. Hopefully, the nuts that you got in some of the rooms are still there - they were yummy!

As an aside, I must also admit that the hotel's breakfast is excellent The suites are good too as are the standard rooms. Clean and (mostly) quiet.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
and made up for the coach being 2 Euro on the way back to the airport
I love how often this gets mentioned
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:43 pm

Hi all,

Just noting a recent 'change' at this hotel as I'm staying there soon.

They mention that:

"Please note that our Airport Shuttle now collects from Zone 16 at the Airport. There is no change to location but different in Zone number only."

I've updated the wiki to this effect. It looks like DUB have just relabelled some of the zones but the shuttle bus still goes from the same place, the same little walk and near the chapel (i.e. Zone 14 was relabelled Zone 16)

Here is the shuttle timetable (which includes the updated information re: Zone 16.)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprngli Connaisseur
Spent the night a few days ago. Shuttle trip back to the airport is now free to Gold and above members.

A bus trip out to Malahide is a nice way to spend a bit of time when staying at the hotel.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Hilton Dublin Airport refurbishment info as given on TA by the General Manager, as part of his response to a posted review:

We are in the process of drawing up a refurbishment programme for the hotel and please be assured that sockets beside the bed as well as other things will be addressed as part of this.
That's good news for this particular property at Dublin Airport, DUB, Ireland.

Cheers & Safe Travels
. ^
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Wish I had checked before booking here again. No drinks voucher and just water. Breakfast isn't important as leaving before breakfast service starts. Must remember next time to stay elsewhere. Only bright spot is the recently opened Eddie Rockets so I don't need to buy dinner at the Hilton!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Wish I had checked before booking here again. No drinks voucher and just water. Breakfast isn't important as leaving before breakfast service starts. Must remember next time to stay elsewhere. Only bright spot is the recently opened Eddie Rockets so I don't need to buy dinner at the Hilton!
In regards of Eddie Rockets, it's very good, we've tried it while staying at the Hilton DUB in mid-October before our flight to Faro. ^

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Where is this Eddie Rockets that you speak of?

I can see one in Swords but nothing closer to DUB. Is this the one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.