Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross, Malahide Rd., Dublin, Ireland D17
Tel. +353.0.1.866.1800 Fax: -1866
This property is
5 km / 3 mi (10-15 minutes) away in Kinsaley (Northern Cross), not at the airport at all.

The shuttle runs every 40 minutes from 5AM to 1AM daily and picks up and drops off at Zone 16. The shuttle service is complimentary to all guests.

Comparatively, a one-way taxi on your own is roughly €15. (As of 2018).

From Terminal 1:

When you exit the arrivals hall there will be a white multi-storey car park in front of you. If you follow the signs to hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pickup point. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get there.

From Terminal 2:

When you exit the arrival hall please cross the road and there is a glass covered walkway. If you follow the walkway all the way to the end while still following signs for the hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pick up point. It takes approximately 5 minutes from T2 to the pick up point.[/quote]

More information on getting there, including a link to current shuttle schedule and map PDF here.

The property has five numbered floors, in-room dining; the Burnell restaurant is open at 6:30 am for breakfast, does not offer lunch and opens at 6:00 pm for dinner. The Burnell bar is open 7:00 am "until late" and serves pub food from 11:00 am on.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Arrow Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Am considering staying at the DUB Hilton - much cheaper than city centre . Any comments on this relatively new property? Also, am I correct that there is only one bed in the "double bed" rooms?
Thanks

Last edited by Wexflyer; Jul 18, 2005 at 7:39 pm
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This could have been useful for me early last year.

I too would appreciate any info on this property. How new is this property?Where is it in relation to the airport (and is there a free shuttle)?
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:07 am

Programs: BD *G, HHonors Gold, EI Gold Circle
Check out my review on tripadvisor.com...

Hotel is extremely new. Only few weeks open now. Its very very nice. Decor is modern minimalist. Its not really close to the airport though. At least 10-20 mins away. There is a free shuttle from/to airport. Staff are a little inexperienced but thats forgiven cause they do try hard.

Rooms have 1 king or 2 single beds. The family rooms are quite large. With sofa beds and a larger king. Bathrooms are a little on the small side though. Food choice is excellent although i didnt try anything as i arrived late at night. Bar and other communal areas are large and bright and nice for relaxing in the evening.

Rates are very reasonable. I booked a rate of 99euro but on check out they discounted this to 55euro cause they had a fire alarm test in the morning and all guests had to evacuate. Didnt affect me though as i was at the desk waiting to leave anyway.

Its in a nice area too (Malahide Rd). So if your looking for a hotel not far from Dublin city or the airport, give it a go. You wont be disappointed.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:40 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Another option....

I know this is OT, but we too wanted to stay relatively near the airport in Dublin year before last because we didn't want to have to worry about getting to the airport.

However, we had the Ireland Bug and really, really wanted to stay in a castle-like hotel. I found one that drove you to the airport (just like this hotel, they have a free shuttle, although it is not really close to the airport).

The restaurant was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. In fact, one of the best dining experiences we had while we were there. The hotel staff could not have been more accomodating and we were upgraded to the Royal Suite!!!! No kidding. It wasn't that expensive.

So...if you are undecided still, and want a really neat experience the night before you leave, check out this Dublin hotel....it is sooooo cool.

http://www.clontarfcastle.ie/

Dawn
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by lmckenna
Its not really close to the airport though. At least 10-20 mins away. There is a free shuttle from/to airport. .
Anyone familiar with the DUB Airport Hilton that can tell me where the free shuttle picks up at the airport?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 8:58 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CA Platinum
Anyone familiar with the DUB Airport Hilton that can tell me where the free shuttle picks up at the airport?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I had to exit the airport terminal at the center, walk accross the street to the parking garage, walk ALL THE WAY THROUGH the parking garage, and then bear left to an open air parking area that had the shuttle stop. Once I got to DUB, I called the hotel from the courtesy phone in the airport terminal and got specific directions, but I initially misunderstood about walking all the way through the parking garage.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:26 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
What are the options to the city from this hotel? I am assuming taxi is one...is it expensive?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
What are the options to the city from this hotel? I am assuming taxi is one...is it expensive?
I ASSUME one could always take the hotel shuttle BACK to DUB and then use standard airport transportation. Since we needed to catch and early morning train, we took a taxi well before morning rush hour. At that hour a vaguely remember it costing the two of us on the order of 25 euros (sorry, I don't remember whether that was before or after tip) to Connally rail station. It would be less to downtown. I don't know if there are public transit options directly from the hotel to downtown.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 3:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rtpflyer
vaguely remember it costing the two of us on the order of 25 euros (sorry, I don't remember whether that was before or after tip)
Are you mad... You tipped a taxi driver in Dublin. Dont you know these rude pigs should be given a good kick when your leaving rather than a tip!!! Now they'll all be expecting it
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Are you mad... You tipped a taxi driver in Dublin. Dont you know these rude pigs should be given a good kick when your leaving rather than a tip!!! Now they'll all be expecting it
To be honest, I was SOO NOT AWAKE, I don't even remember IF I tipped him. In any case, this PARTICULAR taxi driver was not a "rude pig". ^ I avoided the taxi the rest of our stay, so I have no basis for comparison with the "typical" Dublin taxi driver.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Hotel is not a bad hotel in regards to layout but I would say they dont really seem to have any respect for the Honors program. When I checked in I was told that I was upgraded to a "deluxe" room and shown the elevator.....I ask about breakfast and then she politey explained to me that benefits for a Diamond are breakfast or a room upgrade but not both and since I got the upgrade to the super duper "deluxe" room there would be no breakfast benefit. She said "some hotels may choose to do more for Diamonds but we do not". Now, I can do with no breakfast benefit I guess but something about that statement made me not want to spend my money at that property. My offer to take the room booked and get breakfast instead was refused.

Me and my wife got to the room and although ok (it was brand new really so hard not to be) it made me wonder what the upgrade was as it seemed like a normal room. I called down and cancelled my remaining nights and booked the Conrad instead. Arrived at the Conrad the next day and got a bottle of wine, chocolates, breakfast coupons......yep some hotels do try harder and those are the places where I will be spending my money in the future.

As far as the airport propterty. Simple modern stated earlier is a good classification. Staff was ok but not great. The bar staff seemed plentiful but never seemed to be available when I needed another drink. The hotel is not close to the airport really, I think it took us about 15-20 minutes to get there from the airport and the shuttle is not easy to find at the airport. The shuttle runs on a 30 minute schedule from the hotel and starts at 5.45am and ever 30 minutes after that. There is a Tesco/Lotus a short walk down the road that has a small food court with like a KFC, Juice shop, Coffee/Cake shop and a little cafeteria style food shop.

The hotel is fine for cost and a layover at the airport but dont expect them to care about your loyalty status with Hilton.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Hilton Dublin Airport-quick report!

I just stayed there few days ago, it is a new hotel that just opened 3 months ago.

front desk people are very nice and upgrade me to a delux room.

the airport pick up service are HORRIBLE. I arrived there at 8:50pm and called hotel for pick up. they told me sorry Sir we cannot pick you up right now, our next schedule pick up is 9:30 pm. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HEAR A AIRPORT HOTEL HAS PICK UP SCHEDULE. after talking to him for few more mins, he said he will send shuttle right now, that was 9:00pm

so I waited in pick up point until 9:30pm, then asked driver how long takes him to be here, driver told me only 12 mins!!Which means he didn't send out shuttle at all. I waited for 30 mins under 30 degree!!!!

other than that , everything else was great!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Location for airport pick up is also a secret. I had to call the hotel a couple of times to get directions.

Rooms OK, and steak sandwich in the bar is very nice though to compensate.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
Hilton Dublin Airport - Locked INSIDE the room

Stayed at Hilton Dublin Airport on 11-27-05 for one night prior to flight.

In the morning I was headed to breakfast and I couldn't exit the room. The deadbold wouldn't release. I called the operator and they sent a maintenance worker who could not get the door open. He left shouting that he'd have to get someone else. It took 2 men and about 10 minutes to get out of the room. Not cool in an emergency. The men who opened the door apologized and were nice, but didn't seem overly concerned about the safety issue. This is a new hotel. The staff was friendly, but the door thing will keep me from revisiting this location. It is possible that there has been some "settlement" of the new structure. I saw some cracks in the wall near the window that extended from the ceiling all the way down the wall.

Also, the hotel is more than a mile from the airport and it is not that easy to find if you're driving. The "family room" that was booked for 3 adults was barely big enough and the bathroom was very tiny. There was a king bed and two fold out bed/chairs. Not comfortable fold outs. Might serve small children, but not adults comfortably. Arrived with 15 minutes to change and head out to a scheduled dinner. No time to request another room. Just stayed put when we returned at 1am.

As to food, the Hilton had a hot breakfast buffet which opened late and I had to ask for serving utensils. The service of coffiee/tea was at the table and was poorly done. I'd pick the Great Southern for the next trip. The breakfast at the Great Southern when I was there in April was a full Irish breakfast, with good table service, far superior to the Hilton, and the room doors worked.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:35 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Scandic Top Floor, *SK-G, Choice Club Gold
Hilton Dublin Airport

dear fellow HH and flyertalk members,

I would highly appreciate some feedback concerning the above hotel. My family and I will be staying there for three night for our trip to Dublin. Found a family room (33sqm) with breakfast for only 120 Euro.

1. How is the public transportation service from hotel to city center (frequency, distance, rate...) I hope that we donīt need to get to airport and take the airlink every day.

2. What HH-gold benefits does the hotel offer?

have read the opinions at tripadvisor and it seems that you aither love or hate the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.