Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think there is a need for such status. Given the information the hotels have about HHonors guests they can separate the free riders from the profitable loyal customers.

At the hotels I stay at, I know I have nothing to fear from status matched (credit cards, airline programmes etc) Diamonds who never stayed before compared to myself. There's no coincidence that a hotel which has only a couple of suites is able to give me one despite never being the only Diamond at the hotel.

Lifetime nights. Base points. Lifetime base points. Stays at said hotels...staff recognising you. Just what is the point of this status? In fact, surely with such a premium ultra status why should a property you have never stayed at before kiss your foot vs their own frequent standard Diamond guests who spend a lot more. That's real loyalty and the programme gives you those guaranteed benefits like breakfast and lounge access. I know and understand very well that when I am a new hotel I can't expect superb treatment like at my regular properties. Its why there are many differing reports of one Diamond getting a great suite and another not. Champagne from the GM in the room.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:13 pm

Last week when I was checking into a Hilton in ATL, the gentleman in front of me was showing off his new "Diamond Premier" HHonors card. It was a black or dark gray (graphite) metallic card. He said he had 365 paid nights last year (though left some trips early and was actually at home many nights) and he assumes that is what earned him the status.

Anyone know what this card/elite level is? The FDC said she has only seen the card twice in her 10+ years of working at Hilton. So it is ultra rare.

(Side note - it definitely was not a lifetime Diamond card, as this looked different and said "Diamond Premier" with the HH logo on it.)

At first, I honestly thought he was bragging about some credit card until I saw it was an HH membership card when he showed it to me.

So what is this shiny object? And how does one get it?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:42 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen
It was a black or dark gray (graphite) metallic card. He said he had 365 paid nights last year

So what is this shiny object? And how does one get it?
Shoot me if I ever "Earn" that one!!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I had always heard this type of card is issued to franchise owners, any chance he was pulling your leg?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Shoot me if I ever "Earn" that one!!
^^
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I had always heard this type of card is issued to franchise owners, any chance he was pulling your leg?
Anything is possible. I can be quite gullible sometimes.

But what made it more believable for me was the FDC who was "playing along" by talking about how rare the card is, etc. She seemed to be genuinely awestruck by the card and fawning over the guy holding it.

Darn it! Now I don't know!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen
Last week when I was checking into a Hilton in ATL, the gentleman in front of me was showing off his new "Diamond Premier" HHonors card. It was a black or dark gray (graphite) metallic card. He said he had 365 paid nights last year (though left some trips early and was actually at home many nights) and he assumes that is what earned him the status.
Wonder who is paying for these nights he is actually at home. If it is the person described, can't say he is spending his money wisely. If it is his boss, wonder how the boss feels about that?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Wonder who is paying for these nights he is actually at home. If it is the person described, can't say he is spending his money wisely. If it is his boss, wonder how the boss feels about that?
What he told the FDC (and me as I stood there as well - I'm paraphrasing from what I remember) was his contract at work requires the client to pay for his hotel room for the length of his assignment. So he may be assigned someplace for 6 months but on his free time/holidays/weekends during that contract he will go home to be with his family. Hence he would have 365 PAID nights but far less actual "butt-in-bed" nights.

I know a couple of people who work on long-term assignments like this for government agencies/contractors and what everyone usually tells me is its easier (and sometimes cheaper) to negotiate a long-term rate than to check-out every weekend to go home then check back in during the weekdays. Makes sense to me. I would also assume that type of frequent check-in/check-out activity would also likely be questioned by accounting if someone were on the road for an extended period of time. But, I only know 150-200 night stayers...never met someone with 365 nights!

For what its worth, this guy says he had no idea what the "Diamond Premier" level was until he got the card in the mail. He also says he has no idea why he got it other than assuming it was for his crazy number of nights/stays. I wanted so bad to ask more questions about what the "Diamond Premier" gets for him but didn't want to pry.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:12 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but wondering the same.

Is Diamond the highest or is there a higher status (possibly invitation only)?

Not feeling motivated to continue to stay at Hilton properties.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Zoltar
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but wondering the same.

Is Diamond the highest or is there a higher status (possibly invitation only)?

Not feeling motivated to continue to stay at Hilton properties.
No additional tier but some of us have earned Lifetime Diamond. No guaranteed benefits that are different than regular Diamond, but at various times I've received recognition in a variety of ways that have been quite impressive.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by smmrfld
No additional tier but some of us have earned Lifetime Diamond. No guaranteed benefits that are different than regular Diamond, but at various times I've received recognition in a variety of ways that have been quite impressive.
I like how the app thanks me for being Lifetime Diamond when I check out ...
DiverDave likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just wish Hilton would not make getting Diamond status so easy with just a CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.