FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:23 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think there is a need for such status. Given the information the hotels have about HHonors guests they can separate the free riders from the profitable loyal customers.

At the hotels I stay at, I know I have nothing to fear from status matched (credit cards, airline programmes etc) Diamonds who never stayed before compared to myself. There's no coincidence that a hotel which has only a couple of suites is able to give me one despite never being the only Diamond at the hotel.

Lifetime nights. Base points. Lifetime base points. Stays at said hotels...staff recognising you. Just what is the point of this status? In fact, surely with such a premium ultra status why should a property you have never stayed at before kiss your foot vs their own frequent standard Diamond guests who spend a lot more. That's real loyalty and the programme gives you those guaranteed benefits like breakfast and lounge access. I know and understand very well that when I am a new hotel I can't expect superb treatment like at my regular properties. Its why there are many differing reports of one Diamond getting a great suite and another not. Champagne from the GM in the room.