Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Delta Platinum; United 1P
Tupelo, MS hampton has outside corridors as well as a building with interior corridors.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Hampton Inn, Tyler Texas. Ok hotel but really not a fan of this style of hotel.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton announced a few years ago they were dropping all hotels without interior corridors as the contracts expired. I have stayed at a few and all were sub-standard and about equivalent to a motel 6 but with the addition of those strange HI eggs or the HI sausage gravy.

MisterNice
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Although the Hampton Clearwater (FL) Central is motel style, it's the best Hampton I've stayed at -- recently refurbished rooms with nice finishes, and a very nice pool area with a waterfall and lots of space to hang out.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: -UA 1K-Hilton Diamond-
Michigan City , Indiana- all the bottom floors have doors to the outside- its an old Holiday Inn.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many of them are airport hotels? I was used to finding these in small towns or in random suburbs (especially in "milder climate" parts of the US), but I was surprised to see that the Hampton Inn at Roanoke Airport has outdoor entrances.

I would think how much of a downside it is depends on a combination of whether you want to use hotel lobby services (eg, breakfast) and how cold/windy/etc it is (ie, how much you have to bundle up just to go from your room to the breakfast area). The morning I was at Roanoke Airport (it was during a mid-October trip up Blue Parkway and that was just the cheapest HHonors property that night at the right point along the way), it was quite cold, and I sure had to dress differently to go to breakfast than if it had been an indoor-entrances hotel.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
...it was quite cold, and I sure had to dress differently to go to breakfast than if it had been an indoor-entrances hotel.
Finally! a postive point to outdoor entrances! People actually get dressed to go to breakfast!

Seeing people in their flip flops or worse and pajamas or NOT coming to breakfast. Hair in shambles, t-shirts, slept in shorts. YUK! YUK! YUK!

Glad you had to dress!

I might be joking>>>
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Danger Man
Finally! a postive point to outdoor entrances! People actually get dressed to go to breakfast!
Well, on the one hand, by "dress differently" I meant primarily outwear, which one is likely to remove in the breakfast room. I can imagine some people still putting a winter coat over their pajamas!

Meanwhile, I'm not sure you need outdoor entrances to the rooms to have this situation. I don't know if there are any of these in the HHonors family, but the Holiday inn Anaheim 1 blk Disneyland has indoor entrances to rooms, but many buildings, some of which are not connected to the main building. So from some building people have to walk across a good deal of the property outdoors to get to the breakfast area. (Not to mention the long rebuild construction they had in the past year where the breakfast was in a trailer in one the parking lots!) Of course, this is Southern Calfironia, so it's rarely that cold. But rain (in the rainy season), that's another story! In a rainy season, I'd rather have an outdoor entrance where there are covered walkways to the breakfast area than indoor entrances but be in a building where I have to walk across a large uncovered expanse to get to the building with the breakfast.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
..............In a rainy season, I'd rather have an outdoor entrance where there are covered walkways to the breakfast area than indoor entrances but be in a building where I have to walk across a large uncovered expanse to get to the building with the breakfast.
I once stayed in an outside entrance only motel in upper NY state in the winter. It was not unusual to find 2-3 ft of snow piled against the door every morning or evening. That is not a nice way to greet the morning.

MisterNice
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I actually just stayed at the Hampton Inn Phoenix/Tempe. It's not a motor inn....it's an actual converted apartment complex, with hallways opening to the parking lot. It was decent, but very odd.
I've stayed at this one as well, and I thought it was pretty decent too. I remember getting a suite upgrade on an award reservation. At the time I think it was only 7500 pts/night too.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
I recently stayed at Columbus, GA airport location. All outdoor entries. Good thing; all rooms had a fridge and micro. I've stayed in several Hamptons and have never encountered that until this one. One good thing about outdoor entrances; you can see your car from your hotel room window. I would think that would slow down the car thieves and car burglars.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
There are even some Hilton with some exterior corridors too... but they often face either the pool or lush tropical garden or the beach. One example is the recently added Hilton in FLL that used to be a Marriott. They have a building where it's 1/2 interior and 1/2 exterior corridors. Than there are those Hilton with no corridors at all and its just a path to a nice little villa. If the issue is people looking into the windows of your room, than most of the Embassy Suites would have this issue since the living room window look into the interior corridor that overlooks the atrium.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by MisterNice
addition of those strange HI eggs or the HI sausage gravy.

MisterNice

Their actually rubber eggs and Elmer's Glue with pieces of sausages.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:24 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MisterNice
... HI sausage gravy.
Oh, that sounds really good right now. ^^
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
There are even some Hilton with some exterior corridors too... but they often face either the pool or lush tropical garden or the beach. One example is the recently added Hilton in FLL that used to be a Marriott. They have a building where it's 1/2 interior and 1/2 exterior corridors. Than there are those Hilton with no corridors at all and its just a path to a nice little villa. If the issue is people looking into the windows of your room, than most of the Embassy Suites would have this issue since the living room window look into the interior corridor that overlooks the atrium.
The Hilton Resort on Hilton Head Island, SC is somewhat like this... all doors open into an "interior" area, but it's open to the weather at the roof and entrance ways (no doors). This kind of thing is fairly common in FL beach areas, but I was surprised to see it as far north as SC where the winters are a bit more notable than FL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.