FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/418319-hampton-inn-properties-outside-room-entry-exterior-corridors.html)

nako Apr 4, 2005 10:00 pm

Hampton Inns with outside room entry

As frequent HI travelers know, the vast majority of Hampton Inns are constructed with room entries indoors. You walk in the lobby, down a hall, and enter your room from the inside.

My most recent experience with this - the HI in Bend, Oregon - proved otherwise, as it had exterior entrances to its rooms. This is, of course, typical of your common budget hotels - but it's always a surprise to run across one when you do.

I know that this is not the only one in the chain with this feature (the "famous" Hays, KS HI comes to mind), but I think a thread discussing these HIs would be beneficial for people in making their hotel decisions.

(For the record, the hotel wasn't that bad. The rooms were small, but the hotel was well-kept and quiet. I'll stay there again, if need be.)

Anyone else willing to share their experiences?

Mike

SEA_Tigger Apr 4, 2005 10:01 pm

The HI near the University of Huntsville in AL has outside entry.

Chuckles Apr 4, 2005 10:05 pm

The HI in Tempe, AZ has outside entry.

omegadeal Apr 4, 2005 10:56 pm

Hampton Inn Dulles Airport is like this. I still can't believe they haven't dropped that property. I would never stay there again. It's not fit to be a HoJo's.

Not to be confused with the Hampton Dulles Cascades which is a few miles north and a nice Hampton.

CameraGuy Apr 4, 2005 10:57 pm

Pratville AL has both Inside and outside.
Montgomery, AL is all outside.

BTW, if you pick up the Hampton Inn book, you can see in advance the style at the bottom left hand corner of the description of the property. E = Exterior Corridors & I = Interior Corridors.

jwhuffman Apr 5, 2005 4:05 am

Originally Posted by CameraGuy
Pratville AL has both Inside and outside.
Montgomery, AL is all outside.

BTW, if you pick up the Hampton Inn book, you can see in advance the style at the bottom left hand corner of the description of the property. E = Exterior Corridors & I = Interior Corridors.

There is a new Hampton Inn and Suites in Montgomery now, which is Interior.

jwhuffman Apr 5, 2005 4:06 am

Hampton Inn in Gulfport and Moss Point/Passagoula, MS both are exterior.

underpressure Apr 5, 2005 5:44 am

HI, Murphrysboro, TN :td:

MileKing Apr 5, 2005 6:36 am

Originally Posted by omegadeal
Hampton Inn Dulles Airport is like this. I still can't believe they haven't dropped that property. I would never stay there again. It's not fit to be a HoJo's.

Not to be confused with the Hampton Dulles Cascades which is a few miles north and a nice Hampton.

Have to agree with you on Hampton Inn Dulles Airport. My one and only stay there was a "mattress run" close to two years ago. I can live with the exterior corridors, although certainly not my preference, but the place was close to a dump. It was undergoing renovation to the lobby and some of the rooms at the time, so maybe they cleaned it up a bit. I don't plan on going back to check. When we need to stay close to IAD for an early morning flight, we stay at the Hampton Inn Airport South which is about 3 miles down the road and, in my experience, significantly less expensive. It is a decent property and has interior corridors.

leviferret Apr 5, 2005 7:15 am

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
The HI near the University of Huntsville in AL has outside entry.

University of Alabama at Huntsville :) The southern university with a great hockey team.

The Hampton in Tyler, Texas has the outside entrances, though it is a very nice Hampton with extra large rooms.

The Hampton in Albany, Georgia has outside entrances.

Last Gate on Concource Z Apr 5, 2005 7:18 am

Another one is The Woodland outside of Houston, TX. Hotel is very nice and quiet. I would stay there again.

BamaVol Apr 5, 2005 7:42 am

In Oxford AL, there is a new HI with indoor corridors and an old HI with exterior corridors. Not sure how much longer the old one will remain a HI.

Hickory, NC has a combination of interior and exterior. Exterior corridor rooms face a noisy highway.

MoreMilesPlease Apr 5, 2005 7:45 am

Hampton Inn Midtown Savannah, GA outside entry and the place is horrible. Aviod this place.

zachary Apr 5, 2005 8:51 am

Hampton Inn, Topeka, KS, has exterior entrances. Not a good property, but the only Hilton property in town last time I looked.

tommya Apr 5, 2005 10:13 am

Part of the Hampton Inn of Chapel Hill does. Building opposite of lobby.