Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashkale
Here is what we know as per post# 42.

• Points Only AND Points & Cash stays eligible for this if the Cash portion is paid with a Visa? Yes - just make sure the stay is booked through the app and that you're registered for the promotion. For Points Only stays charging incidentals to a Visa card will trigger the bonus points.
• What if there are multiple forms of tender (i.e. a Visa credit card and a Hilton gift card)? If the stay comes through with a Visa payment, you will receive the bonus.
• What about a special rate, like AAA? AAA is an eligible rate which means the rate will award promotional credit if you meet all of the other criteria (registered, booked via mobile app, paid with Visa).
• If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out.
• Is the UK version of the Hilton Visa card eligible?/Is a non-Hilton HHonors Visa card eligible? Yes, all Visa cards worldwide are eligible for the offer.
• Is this offer limited to one stay? No, as long as you're meeting all the conditions of the promotional offer (registered, booked through the app, paid with a Visa) this is an unlimited offer for any eligible stay through January 2017.
Print Wikipost

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:03 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

I think I got all the questions out there - but let me know if there's anything else. Thanks!

Are Points & Cash stays eligible for this if the Cash portion is paid with a Visa? Yes - just make sure the stay is booked through the app and that you're registered for the promotion.
What if there are multiple forms of tender (i.e. a Visa credit card and a Hilton gift card)? If the stay comes through with a Visa payment, you will receive the bonus.
What about a special rate, like AAA? AAA is an eligible rate which means the rate will award promotional credit if you meet all of the other criteria (registered, booked via mobile app, paid with Visa).
If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out.
Is the UK version of the Hilton Visa card eligible?/Is a non-Hilton HHonors Visa card eligible? Yes, all Visa cards worldwide are eligible for the offer.
Is this offer limited to one stay? No, as long as you're meeting all the conditions of the promotional offer (registered, booked through the app, paid with a Visa) this is an unlimited offer for any eligible stay through January 2017.

Thank you!
Lauren
Thanks Lauren! Seems like one of the best promo this year ^
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by cfischer
nice promo, but I'll stick with the $50 back on $250 stay with Amex on multiple cards ... that adds up
Why not both? Charge $250 to Amex and x amount to any Visa.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

I think I got all the questions out there - but let me know if there's anything else. Thanks!

Are Points & Cash stays eligible for this if the Cash portion is paid with a Visa? Yes - just make sure the stay is booked through the app and that you're registered for the promotion.
What if there are multiple forms of tender (i.e. a Visa credit card and a Hilton gift card)? If the stay comes through with a Visa payment, you will receive the bonus.
What about a special rate, like AAA? AAA is an eligible rate which means the rate will award promotional credit if you meet all of the other criteria (registered, booked via mobile app, paid with Visa).
If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out.
Is the UK version of the Hilton Visa card eligible?/Is a non-Hilton HHonors Visa card eligible? Yes, all Visa cards worldwide are eligible for the offer.
Is this offer limited to one stay? No, as long as you're meeting all the conditions of the promotional offer (registered, booked through the app, paid with a Visa) this is an unlimited offer for any eligible stay through January 2017.

Thank you!
Lauren
Thanks Lauren- those terms are very generous. I particularly appreciate the fact that stays booked earlier will count now that I've registered.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Thumbs up

Very tempting offer! Hilton will see multiple bookings from me.
Thank you Lauren
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Cha-CHING! :P
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does this also apply for pre-paid rates? I would assume yes, but just to check...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Does this also apply for pre-paid rates? I would assume yes, but just to check...
Of course. Has never been an issue.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Another question regarding this 5k promotion! Anyone know if Visa debit cards, as opposed to credit cards, would be valid?

My credit cards are all Mastercard or Amex but I do have UK Visa debit card I could use! I know the terms say "any visa card" but just wondered if anyone had experience with this.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:01 am

Had a stay last night. It felt a little weird to pay with my Marriott Visa card but so be it.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by justin1123
Another question regarding this 5k promotion! Anyone know if Visa debit cards, as opposed to credit cards, would be valid?

My credit cards are all Mastercard or Amex but I do have UK Visa debit card I could use! I know the terms say "any visa card" but just wondered if anyone had experience with this.
Worked on my last stay using a Visa Debit card using the credit button. I have a mastercard on file for bookings and at checkin asked to swap the room hold to my visa card and points came through.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:29 pm

I did not exactly got my answer, AAA rate is not a corporate account.
Can you please confirm that if I will use corporate account, then I will be eligible for this promotion?
For example, I am working for GE, if I will use GE account for booking and paying for my stay, will I be eligible for this promotion?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:40 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Corporate rates are eligible if they're booked through the app and the stay is paid using a Visa card. Also, please make sure you're signed up for the promotion to receive the Bonus.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:15 pm
cjd

Lauren, you stated above that "If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out."

Does that apply to stays booked and pre-paid through the app with a Visa card prior to the promotion and completed during the promotion period?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VX Gold, JB Mosaic, AS MVPG, IHG Plat
Are pure award bookings eligible for this promotion if an incidental is charged with a visa?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by oopl
Why not both? Charge $250 to Amex and x amount to any Visa.
hmmm, now you got me thinking. That's interesting ... just curious how this will get coded in the end. We shall see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.