Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashkale
Here is what we know as per post# 42.

• Points Only AND Points & Cash stays eligible for this if the Cash portion is paid with a Visa? Yes - just make sure the stay is booked through the app and that you're registered for the promotion. For Points Only stays charging incidentals to a Visa card will trigger the bonus points.
• What if there are multiple forms of tender (i.e. a Visa credit card and a Hilton gift card)? If the stay comes through with a Visa payment, you will receive the bonus.
• What about a special rate, like AAA? AAA is an eligible rate which means the rate will award promotional credit if you meet all of the other criteria (registered, booked via mobile app, paid with Visa).
• If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out.
• Is the UK version of the Hilton Visa card eligible?/Is a non-Hilton HHonors Visa card eligible? Yes, all Visa cards worldwide are eligible for the offer.
• Is this offer limited to one stay? No, as long as you're meeting all the conditions of the promotional offer (registered, booked through the app, paid with a Visa) this is an unlimited offer for any eligible stay through January 2017.
Print Wikipost

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
This is a very frustrating promo. The 5000 points automatically post for some stays but not for others...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Not sure if this was the case here but most of my Hilton stays outside of US do not have online receipts, prepaid or not..
Originally Posted by appledabble
agree. The posting of online receipt varies by hotels from my experiences. However, there will always be breakdown of the points you earned from the various promo / entitlement.
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
That is true but you always get a printed and/or electronical receipt via mail.
I had not one stay where I got no receipt.
Agree on the foreign properties part that the online receipt never is available.

Just noticed that the reprint of receipt is not in Hilton letterhead.

At least the stay is posted with the booked thru App bonus and all other bonus items except the Visa bonus. The non-letterhead receipt did show advanced payment with Visa.

It is just very frustrating for the customers who have to make sure all the points posted correctly.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:17 pm

Stayed at Waldorf Berlin 1 night tottal cost 147€.
Prepayed using Visa.
Im gold.
BTW...can this "i got 5000 extra points" and "i did not" have anything to do with if you use the Apple/Android app.
I used iPhone for the booking.
On the check out bill it said i will earn 4700...something points for the stay. So this time (my first) the points on the bill was way off.
This is what i got and it seem correct.
---
VISA HONORS APP 5000 POINTS OFFER
0 5000 0

Base Points
1377 0 0

2016 HH3 DOUBLE POINTS OFFER
0 1377 0

2016 HH3 MOBILE APP OFFER
0 1377 0

MYWAY PREFERENCES BONUS OPTION
0 1000 0

50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS
0 688 0

GOLD VIP BONUS - 25% 2017
0 344 0

Tottal : Waldorf Astoria Berlin
11163 poins
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The 'You will receive XXXX points . . ." on statements never includes the 5K.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
This is a very frustrating promo. The 5000 points automatically post for some stays but not for others...
I'm finding the same thing. Had 12 stays Dec and Jan. Most 5000 points posted, but 3 did not. Going on week three of trying to get them.

Does anyone know why some post and some don't?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I beat you all. Not only did I not receive 5K pts, nor the 3x bonus.... but I didn't even get base points.

Big fat goose egg for a prepay reservation.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sannmann
Indeed it is. And to make it worse, I had to open a case with the DD. And then they said I did not book on the app when I know I did.

They said prove it. Unfortunately I could not because the confirmation emails do not state how you booked them.

Now I take screen shots on my iPhone of the confirmation page so I have proof.

C'mon Hilton, this back & forth is terrible, especially when you know your IT systems are flawed (ala the Hilton AMEX COBRAND 500 point online booking bonus only posting automatically a fraction of the time).

I find myself having to call for retro credit about 50% of the time. The DD reps are great, but when a member services coordinator comes back and says in a letter you are wrong. Well that is just insulting.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Tell them to prove you didn't book via app. There's no way for you to prove it, because email or reservation doesn't have anything specific.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chix
Indeed it is. And to make it worse, I had to open a case with the DD. And then they said I did not book on the app when I know I did.

They said prove it. Unfortunately I could not because the confirmation emails do not state how you booked them.

Now I take screen shots on my iPhone of the confirmation page so I have proof.

C'mon Hilton, this back & forth is terrible, especially when you know your IT systems are flawed (ala the Hilton AMEX COBRAND 500 point online booking bonus only posting automatically a fraction of the time).

I find myself having to call for retro credit about 50% of the time. The DD reps are great, but when a member services coordinator comes back and says in a letter you are wrong. Well that is just insulting.
Did you get the triple points for the stays where you didn't get the 5k visa bonus?

If you did this proves that you booked using the app, as a condition of getting them is by booking using the app.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
None of my 5 stays have posted for this promotion. I've emailed the diamond desk on each occasion only to receive the same copy and paste response back telling me to wait 6-8 weeks as per the terms of the promotion!
I really find the lack of customer service and copy and paste responses from the diamond desk really frustrating these days, they don't try and solve the problem anymore.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Tell them to prove you didn't book via app. There's no way for you to prove it, because email or reservation doesn't have anything specific.
That is what I said in my post above. Then I told them the only way I can prove it is a screen shot from my I
iPhone app. Sad I have to do that.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
Did you get the triple points for the stays where you didn't get the 5k visa bonus?

If you did this proves that you booked using the app, as a condition of getting them is by booking using the app.
Yes. Just one example is attached. I am done arguing with them. Too much stress. They did give me a "promotional credit" as a gesture for the trouble, but they insisted I booked on the web.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by dznyboy
BTW...can this "i got 5000 extra points" and "i did not" have anything to do with if you use the Apple/Android app.
I used iPhone for the booking.
That's an interesting thought.
For the record, I have not had problems with these bonus points posting (knock on wood). I book via Android.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The 'You will receive XXXX points . . ." on statements never includes the 5K.
^^
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I beat you all. Not only did I not receive 5K pts, nor the 3x bonus.... but I didn't even get base points.

Big fat goose egg for a prepay reservation.
Same here. Now I'm waiting 14 days so I can report a missing stay for an overseas stay. Funny, I can see the stay on my account (with zero points) but chat rep says it's not there and that it takes up to 14 days to post to the account (gee, never did previously).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I was about to say I've had about 15 stays during this promo and had no issues but my last 2 didn't post. One was prepaid with a visa like 2 other stays that posted correctly. But this one I got the Amex bonus even though my receipt clearly shows paid with visa. I had paid cash with a small incidental but the room was paid with visa. Another was pure points with a room charge and resort fee paid with visa. I'll call the diamond desk and see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.