Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Double Your Honors Returns in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Your Honors Returns in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:08 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Thanks for the feedback, all! Following up on questions below....

Originally Posted by CrushD
Thank you Lauren for the info, would like to ask for some clarification on a situation I'm in and maybe others might face. Seeing that you have two different links based on whether you have the normal amex or surpass, I wanted to know what happens if you switch cards. Currently have the fee free amex, and may be considering upgrading to the surpass, if I register for the 1000 bonus when using normal amex, but then upgrade to surpass prior to staying in a hotel, would I still get the bonus on first check out with surpass. I see no real reason why not, but want to confirm.
Nothing will happen if you switch cards. As long as you register through one of the custom Amex links and use either Amex-HHonors card on your first stay, you will earn the 1,000 points.

Originally Posted by sparksals
Ahh this explains why there was a problem. I registered with the first link, tried to register with the card link and said it was a problem and I have to call. Agree, the post was confusing since it said PLUS>
Looking back, I agree with you all! The "Plus" was meant as a "But, wait! There's more!" statement. That said, it is a little confusing depending on how you read it.
Just to clarify, if you are a AmEx cardholder and opting for the plus-up, please register on the custom AmEx links first.

Originally Posted by BotB
Thanks Lauren and Hilton for this promotion, for making it known at this stage on FT and for not having any hotels opt out. ^^

I hope that you see a bigger response to the promotion and business from members to show the opt out did drive away business and the change is mutually beneficial. (it didn't affect me personally in the UK but certainly would for those in the US).

A question: you have provided links and additional points for those with Hilton credit cards...Might I ask about those of us not in the US? For example, in the UK the Hilton credit card is through Barclays Bank so not one of the two mentioned channels....will you provide the 1000 point bonus for non US Hilton card holders as well? (or could you please )

Thanks, great to see the interaction between FTers and Hilton working for both sides and long may that continue. Thanks for listening to us. :-:
The Amex-HHonors cards in the US are the only cards offering an additional bonus during the promotion.

Hope that is of some help.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Just to clarify, if you are a AmEx cardholder and opting for the plus-up, please register on the custom AmEx links first.
It's a little late for some of us.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Glad to see all are participating, as I have some whopper stays coming up. Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sparksals
Ahh this explains why there was a problem. I registered with the first link, tried to register with the card link and said it was a problem and I have to call. Agree, the post was confusing since it said PLUS>
Which link are all the good folks here using?

Got it, with thanks

Last edited by acysb87; Dec 17, 2015 at 2:22 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:05 am

If I have my earning preference as points & points, will I earn double points on BASE points only, or the additional 5 points from P&P as well? I was just matched to HHonors Diamond, so if I have a $100 stay, I'll earn 1000 base points doubled to 2000, 500 from P&P, and 500 bonus from Diamond for 3000 total; is this correct?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
If I have my earning preference as points & points, will I earn double points on BASE points only, or the additional 5 points from P&P as well? I was just matched to HHonors Diamond, so if I have a $100 stay, I'll earn 1000 base points doubled to 2000, 500 from P&P, and 500 bonus from Diamond for 3000 total; is this correct?
Depends on the brand ... Hilton and Doubletree give Diamonds an additional 1000 points per stay on top of all that; if you choose "points" as your My Way at Hampton and Homewood (instead of a "snack" - usually water and cookies) you get an additional 250.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Depends on the brand ... Hilton and Doubletree give Diamonds an additional 1000 points per stay on top of all that; if you choose "points" as your My Way at Hampton and Homewood (instead of a "snack" - usually water and cookies) you get an additional 250.
Hilton brand. Just to be sure, so the points from "P&P My way" are also doubled?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Hilton brand. Just to be sure, so the points from "P&P My way" are also doubled?
No. Just base points.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
The Amex-HHonors cards in the US are the only cards offering an additional bonus during the promotion.
Thanks for the quick response and for answering my question Lauren, shame it doesn't include non US cards but maybe another time.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
It's a little late for some of us.
If you’ve already registered for the Double Your HHonors promotion via the HHonors link (first link provided), you are still eligible for the plus-up.

AmEx card members will need to call 1-800-HHonors to upgrade their registration.

Lauren
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IRLGearoid
Maybe this is a stupid question but for a 5 night stay (Dec 28th - Jan 2nd) does the promo take effect for the final night?

Likewise, does the previous promo cover the first 4 nights?

Or do the end/start dates of the promotions interfere in any way?

FAQs

If I check-in before January 1, 2016 or check-out after April 30, 2016, do I still earn credit for that stay?

Registered HHonors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.

If you are registered for a previous offer on a stay prior to January 1, 2016, you would still be eligible for the benefits of that promotion.

Lauren
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:44 pm

If you’ve already registered for the Double Your HHonors promotion via the HHonors link (first link provided), you are still eligible for the plus-up.
AmEx card members will need to call 1-800-HHonors to upgrade their registration.
Lauren
I just spent 12 minutes on the phone. The HHonors agent was unable to "upgrade" my registration, but did manage to un-enroll me from my initial registration, and then had me enroll through the link for the Amex-related promotion.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The 1000 points for diamonds at Hilton and Doubletree is a flat award per stay, including points/reward ones. Amount of spending and number of nights is irrelevant.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
The fact that HH has had a promotion in Q3 and Q4 of this year is the difference in why I currently have 57 stays with HH vs 30 for the year.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Alright! What a great way to start off the year and keep me at least somewhat loyal to Hilton instead of to Hyatt where I'm also now Diamond

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.