Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Double Your Honors Returns in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:01 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

I’m happy to let you know that Double Your HHonors is back! We’ve opened registration even earlier this year so our members can get a head start on planning 2016 travel. The best part…ALL hotels are once again participating. And word on the street is that this will be the case for every big Bonus promotion, all year long.

As a reminder, the Double Your HHonors promotion is a pick offer, so members can choose to earn Double HHonors Points or Double Miles with their preferred airline partner. Be sure to register here first and you’ll earn Double at every hotel from January 1 through April 30, 2016 with no minimum night requirement.

If you have the Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express or the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express, you can earn an extra 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you use your Card at check-out on your 1st stay during the promotion period. To register for both Double Your HHonors and the extra cardholder bonus, sign up here if you have the Hilton HHonors™ Card or here if you have the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card. Cardholders should register on the custom AmEx links first.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope you all have a happy holiday season and a prosperous (travel-filled!) New Year.

Thank you!
Lauren

Last edited by Hilton Honors Ambassador; Dec 17, 2015 at 8:11 am
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Thanks Lauren! It's really nice to see Hilton listened and has done away with the ability for hotels to opt out of these promotions.

Neil
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Absolutely, cheers Lauren!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
THANKS!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Thank you Lauren, that's highly appreciated. Cheers! ^
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks Lauren!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:06 pm

Thank you Lauren for the info, would like to ask for some clarification on a situation I'm in and maybe others might face. Seeing that you have two different links based on whether you have the normal amex or surpass, I wanted to know what happens if you switch cards. Currently have the fee free amex, and may be considering upgrading to the surpass, if I register for the 1000 bonus when using normal amex, but then upgrade to surpass prior to staying in a hotel, would I still get the bonus on first check out with surpass. I see no real reason why not, but want to confirm.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'll miss the triple points on weekends, but double points with NO opting-out is a huge step forward!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Be sure to register here first and you’ll earn Double at every hotel from January 1 through April 30, 2016 with no minimum night requirement.

Plus, if you have the Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express or the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express, you can earn an extra 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you use your Card at check-out on your 1st stay during the promotion period. To register for both Double Your HHonors and the extra cardholder bonus, sign up here if you have the Hilton HHonors™ Card or here if you have the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card.
The original post's wording is somewhat confusing: it should be made clear that people holding one of the HHonors Amex cards should register FIRST and ONLY at the second set of links, and skip the first link provided altogether.

Proceeding sequentially through the links as I did will yield the following message:
THERE WAS A PROBLEM.
We noticed you are eligible for this offer because you have the Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express or the Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express, but you have already registered for Double Your HHonors through one of our other promotional pages.+,* If you would like to upgrade your registration to include the additional 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you use your American Express® Card at check-out on your 1st stay during the promotion period, please contact us at 1-800-HHONORS.+,**
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
The original post's wording is somewhat confusing: it should be made clear that people holding one of the HHonors Amex cards should register FIRST and ONLY at the second set of links, and skip the first link provided altogether.

Proceeding sequentially through the links as I did will yield the following message:
Ahh this explains why there was a problem. I registered with the first link, tried to register with the card link and said it was a problem and I have to call. Agree, the post was confusing since it said PLUS>
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:27 pm

Maybe this is a stupid question but for a 5 night stay (Dec 28th - Jan 2nd) does the promo take effect for the final night?

Likewise, does the previous promo cover the first 4 nights?

Or do the end/start dates of the promotions interfere in any way?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:08 am

Registered. Thanks!
No email confirmation though.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Thanks Lauren!

And, of course, I too registered via the first link and THEN realized I didn't get the Amex bonus attached, got the "there's a problem..." message.

I'll call HHonors in the morning to square that away, but you might consider rewording the post to put the Amex links first or a warning you can't do both. I felt a bit sheepish, but I see I wasn't alone in this.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks Lauren and Hilton for this promotion, for making it known at this stage on FT and for not having any hotels opt out. ^^

I hope that you see a bigger response to the promotion and business from members to show the opt out did drive away business and the change is mutually beneficial. (it didn't affect me personally in the UK but certainly would for those in the US).

A question: you have provided links and additional points for those with Hilton credit cards...Might I ask about those of us not in the US? For example, in the UK the Hilton credit card is through Barclays Bank so not one of the two mentioned channels....will you provide the 1000 point bonus for non US Hilton card holders as well? (or could you please )

Thanks, great to see the interaction between FTers and Hilton working for both sides and long may that continue. Thanks for listening to us. :-:
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Thanks Lauren!

And, of course, I too registered via the first link and THEN realized I didn't get the Amex bonus attached, got the "there's a problem..." message.

I'll call HHonors in the morning to square that away, but you might consider rewording the post to put the Amex links first or a warning you can't do both. I felt a bit sheepish, but I see I wasn't alone in this.
I did the same thing.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.