Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Website a JOKE

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Hilton Website a JOKE

Down again this weekend for maintenance . Why is every other large Hotel site never down and this company is always down and especially aggravating when I am out of the country and want to check or change reservations.

Then I can make a LD call to do what i can do with any other Hotel chain in 30 seconds ONLINE.

Wake up Hilton. Get a website that equals the size of your company!!!
Old May 24, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
It's a regular thing -- every Saturday night/Sunday morning for a couple of hours for web maintenance:

"Parts of our reservation system will be offline between 12:00 AM CST and 2:00 AM CST Sunday, May 24 for planned maintenance.

During this time, users may not be able to book reservations, check rates or search for room availability."

I find it annoying too, but I've come to expect it and I just work around it.

By the way, some other big companies use approximately the same timeframe to do regularly scheduled maintenance!

Also, Hilton's regularly scheduled maintenance is the LEAST of their technology problems. Accounts have been hacked (there's a whole thread on that topic started in Apr. 2014 IIRC); and from time to time the site malfunctions in various annoying ways.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:09 am
Original Poster

I know that. I had a million points stolen.

But sooner or later you expect then to spend the money. There is no way to check or change a reservation when the website is down constantly.

International phone number is useless . They are open USA hours does me no good in Madrid.

They want me to switch to Marriott and next year I will.

Idiots who run the IT department. Marriott site has never been down in 10 years of me using it and when I call International reservations someone answers 24 hours a day.

Hilton is a JOKE and I guess the Joke is on me!
Old May 24, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
What maintenance is being done so regularly?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
OP, did you ever get your million points reinstated?

I hear you, I really do. Once, a few months back, when I was having weird problems trying to make a reservation on the Hilton website, I just said to myself "screw it" and jumped to a competitor for the reservation instead. I spread my "loyalty" (such as it is) among a few different chains. For me, it is NOT "either Hilton or Marriott," it is both, plus IHG, plus from time to time other chains, and even independent hotels, as appropriate. Whatever makes the most sense for the particular need, rather than slavish loyalty to one brand.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:44 am

On the Hilton landing page right now I see "Always get the Lowest Price*" with a gigantic asterisk in the sentence. I mean, just seeing that massive asterisk makes me doubt the claim, even if I have found it generally true in practice...
Old May 24, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
What maintenance is being done so regularly?
Seriously...with the amount of time they spend on it, it makes it sound like they are having to manually disassemble their servers or something...
Old May 25, 2015, 12:06 am
Original Poster

It really can't be that difficult. Marriott, IHG, Hyatt rarely or ever down.

Hilton is to cheap to do it in house so they higher Morons to do it and they are too stupid to fire them after years of incompetence .

Yes I did eventually get my points back and after Fedex' to Corporate HQ's i got 100,000 points for my trouble. Might get me 1 night in NYC in winter time next year.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I can't get the "Login" button in the top right corner of HHonors.com to load this morning.

The entire website (and every other website I visit) loads fine.

I've tried three different browsers over the last 30 minutes and cleared my cookies, etc.

All browsers show "Waiting for hhonors.hilton.com" in the bottom left corner with the never-ending "waiting" icon.

I hate using the iPhone app to book rooms. I still can't view my stays and nights progress on the app which should be basic functionality.

Edit: I googled "HHonors Login Page" and was able to access it that way. CAPTCHA was gone. Sweet!

Last edited by aww3583; May 25, 2015 at 8:40 am
Old May 25, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cannot get in on-line and have been on diamond line for 12 minutes and again 4 minutes. I give up tonight and booked someone else, again.
This is now 5 consecutive attempts to book and cannot get through in a 4 week period.

What is up with this? Tried to re set pass word, another problem. Sheesh!!!!
Old May 26, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Amazing!!

Wish Erin would weigh in on this Disgrace!!
Old May 28, 2015, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
No issues here.

Both the website and the app work great.

Downtime is frustrating, but it is usually at night and at the weekends.

Not that inconvenient.

I wish other companies had an app as good as Hilton's.

Some people love to moan, just for the sake of it
Old May 28, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
No problem here...done three different booking last 2 weeks, everything fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.